Dr. Murray Passo MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 10th, 2015
Excellent doctor
Dr Passo diagnosed me 30 years ago with JRA and was a wonderful doc. I highly recommend him to anyone who has a child needing rheumatological care. He taught me so much about JRA and encouraged me to learn as much as I could about my illness. I even took a chance and emailed him when my son was younger and having some complaints of pain. He took the time to reply and helped me to be less worried about the situation. If need be, I'd travel to him if my child needed him. Plus, he truly cares about his patients. I was pretty headstrong as a child (sometimes leaning toward bratty) but he was always kind, patient, and would even joke with me. Yet, if he caught me doing something rather dumb (such as trying to eat while dangling my head upside down off of a couch while my mom was out of the room) he did not hesitate to correct my behavior in a way much like a scared parent would with their own child. He always had a hug for me as well.

February 13th, 2015
BEST Dr. EVER!
Dr. Passo diagnosed me with JRA when I was 4 months old and I'm now 38! I was his first patient at Riley in Indianapolis and I followed him to Cincinnati for years! At age 24 we had to have the conversation about getting an adult rheumatologist because I was beyond pediatric! He gave me a life I would not have had otherwise! I owe him a lot! He is so knowledgeable and caring!

January 20th, 2015
Best Doctor Ever
Easily the finest and most thorough doctor I have encountered - ever. Thank you.

November 6th, 2013
The Best.
Came to "Doc" when I was 7 in Indianapolis. Followed him to Cincy. Early on we drove from Michigan WEEKLY for appointments with him. You will not find a finer doctor than him. I'm 37 and wouldn't hesitate to call, consult of take my child all the way to SC for him to treat her.

April 21st, 2013
We met Dr. Passo when my son was 4 years old. We had been to 4 other doctors and not one of them had any clue what was wrong with my son. We were in Dr. Passo's presence for 15 minutes and I had an answer. He is the most loving, caring, funny doctor I have ever met!! I cried when he left Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center...you are missed GREATLY!!!! My son is almost 16 and doing great thanks to Dr. Passo and everything I learned from him!!!

July 31st, 2012
Dr. Passo is an awesome doctor. Diagnosed my daughter at 6 with Lupus Nephritis and 3 yrs later we have learned and still learning so much about the disease with once a month visits. I also work with doctors and he takes so much time keeping us in the loop with my daughter disease. My family and I are so grateful to have him a part of her medical team. He is a brilliant man with tons of knowledge and treats her like she is the only patient she has...... Thanks

March 28th, 2012
Beware MUSC charges a facility fee in addition to co-pay you are asked to pay. They don't tell you this and then when you call to complain "MUSC charges the doctor a facility fee because they are housed in the hospital" That should be between MUSC and the doctor.

February 7th, 2012
Dr Passo is a wonderful pediatric rheumatologist!
Dr Passo diagnosed me with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in 1984 when I was 7. He was a wonderful doctor. I learned a lot about my disease because of him. And that started me on a road to becoming a proactive patient who wants to be involved as a partner in their healthcare. Some docs do not like that but it's MY body and it affects ME so I should be part of the process. Dr Passo also helped put my mind at ease almost 20 yrs after I last saw him when I emailed him in despair after a ped rheumy tried to tell me that because my son's lab work was fine there was no way he could have any type of arthritis. I knew that was NOT true because Dr Passo diagnosed my JRA as sero-negative which means there is no evidence of it in the blood work. He assured me I was doing the right thing in how I was handling my son's problem and said if it worsened then I should be concerned. I am fortunate now that he is at MUSC, in the event something happens with my son, as it is only 2hrs or so away. I had contemplated taking my son from SC to OH just to have him seen by Dr Passo, if the need arose. That's how much I trust him.

August 25th, 2010
One amazing doctor!
I met Dr. Passo when I was 7 years-old (and I'm now 27), while I was diagnosed with JRA. He was a wonderful asset to Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center! He is caring, concerned and actually pretty funny!! I'm sure he is missed at CCHMC!!

September 28th, 2009
I Love and Miss him dearly
I am 29 years old I was a patient of Dr. Passo's for 13 years. He diagnosed me with Rheumatoid Arthritis at the age of 15. He is the best Rheumatologist in Ohio. I love and miss him dearly!!! ;)

December 4th, 2008