Dr. Mustafa Khan MD Patient Reviews

3.4

February 4th, 2015
Unethical
After treating me with strong painkillers such as dilaudid and morphine for my neck pain and migraines for two years, Dr Kahn suddenly decided he wasn't going to treat me any more and cut me off. I had done nothing wrong, never taken more meds than prescribed, or asked for more, just nothing. He was talking about Michael Jackson at the appointment before (as that case was going at the time), and knew I was a songwriter. He would not see or talk to me about it. Of course I was plunged into an immediate and horrifying detox, my body having grown tolerant of the strong meds. I was very fortunate my PCP stepped in to help. This doctor is without conscience. He treated me like a drug addict, despite the fact I had never taken any of these kinds of medications before he had prescribed them for me, and I used as little as I could get away with to manage my pain (and still do). Aside from that, he lacks interpersonal skills, and seemed unable to be of much help to me aside for, giving me a lot of pain meds.

August 19th, 2014
Brilliant Doctor. Quietly observes and assesses and listens to you. The safety and care of you is his first priority. He insisted i be seen immediately by a neuro surgeon on holiday weekend in Albany. He fought with lawyers on my behalf and checked on me at all hours of the day always promptly returning phone calls. He is not a chatter or warm fuzzy kind of dr if that is what you need. His sense of humor is dry and off center. He can talk on ny topic with intelligence and wit after establishing a dr patient relationship. He is a huge asset to this practice.

March 31st, 2013
horrible experience
After being diagnosed with MS by one of the country's top MS doctors in NYC i went to Dr. Kahn. He didn't do an evaluation, he looked at one MRI and said "you don't have ms, i don't know what's wrong with you." i went back to another doctor in NYC who said for sure you have MS: your MRI is classic, you have many of the symptoms, you are progressively getting worse... My insurance doesn't cover that doctor in NYC, i can't grt care now in Kingston because Dr. Kahn said i don't have MS. It has gotten much worse and now i am losing my sight and hearing and i don't have proper medical care. What a mess. i can't recommend this doctor any less. My health has been seriously worsened because i went to him in the first place. i wish i could switch to another doctor in the practice.

July 26th, 2012
Dr. Khan lost his professionalism
Dr. Khan lost his professionalism when I asked to speak with him regarding medication writing aftyera theft in my home. He claimed to have gone back 6 months for script writing dates, and was not going to write the prescriptions until 4 days after I needed them , not giving account to the theft and police report proof. He lost his temper and said he was no longer going to treat me as I questioned the lapse of time for meds. I am now having a difficult time trying to replace this doctor as his report was self serving. His exams were never a hands on...as I believe his religion says he cannot touch another woman , so the exams consisted of a (3) step walk across the small exam room floor. I would not recommend this doctor. However, the other doctors in the practice may be better.

July 26th, 2012
Consult in hospital
Very knowledgeable, competent. Responsive to all my questions, helpful advice and observations. Dedicated to profession and patient. He put in the time, effort and skill to resolve a number of complex issues.

June 17th, 2011
very caring
He was a calming, caring presence who treated my dad with dignity when he was ill. He has a great bedside manner and I felt like he truly cared.

December 2nd, 2010
This was my 5 or 6th visit with Dr. Khan. Difficult Doctor to understand or get a read on. Today, I waited 90 minutes for my scheduled appointment. This was the third time this has happened. Prior to this I asked the office staff to contact me if he was running behind. No one called. I promptly asked for my file so that I could leave and locate a new Neurologist. I was informed it would be 75cents a page.Wondering if I could bill the doctors office for the 90 minutes I sat there waiting and never seeing the doctor.