A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Muthukumar Muthusamy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Muthukumar Muthusamy is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Muthukumar Muthusamy, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Muthusamy graduated from Madras Medical College, Chennai.
Dr. Muthusamy has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Maimonides Medical Center
- Coney Island Hospital
- Community Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Muthusamy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 12 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Humana - 5 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Muthukumar Muthusamy practice?
Dr. Muthukumar Muthusamy practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Brooklyn, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Staten Island, NY.
See Brooklyn Surgeons.