Dr. Mutsumi Ishii MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 21st, 2016
Dr. Ishii is a wonderful psychiatrist. Made me feel comfortable and answered my questions. Wish there were more physicians like him!

November 12th, 2015
Great Assessment(s), but pushes medication & med increases BIG TIME
Dr. Ishii seems like he does great with a lot of things, however I do question some of his decisions regarding medication increases, and his lack of willingness to try alternative treatment methods. I have long standing Anxiety, Depression, and ADHD (as well as a past diagnosis of PTSD, and a current note regarding "BPD Traits." I have been on medications for about ten years trying to overcome the above diagnoses and live a normal life. After moving to the Madison area, I went to see Dr Ishii. He did an evaluation (must be the standard basis for Dean Clinics, as it was just a quick computerized test similar to most online assessments). Prior to being treated by Dr. Ishii, I was prescribed an Emotional Support Animal due to some disabling factors of my illness. Dr. Ishii refused to update my letter, stating that Dean Health Care "doesn't support or allow" Support Animals. I had talked about my research regarding Service Dogs and their training and treatment, and he refused to go into it any deeper stating that it was Dean Policy, subsequent to liability (although Dean would legally not have any liability over any animal "recommended" as part of a treatment plan). Between the medication pushing and this, it has really pushed me away from wanting to keep Dr. Ishii as my Primary Psychiatrist. If you are someone who suffers from a Psychiatric Disability looking for alternative treatment, it should be noted that Dr. Ishii does not seem to be the best suited Psychiatrist to work with in line with you and your therapist. This may also be a part of Dean's "Policy," but I do not have any other experiences yet to compare this to. I will write another review if I do find out that this is not individually based on Dr Ishii himself.

November 10th, 2015
Excellent!
Dr. Ishii is the best psychiatrist I've ever had, and I've had a few. I've been with him for years and trust him completely. I have referred other people to him and they have been happy as well.

May 16th, 2012