Dr. Mylene Rucker MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 21st, 2016
the staff is horrible
I am looking for a new doctor I can never get threw her answering service always answers the phone I have been trying for days to reach the office it is impossible to get threw. And when you do her staff is horrible so rude the staff is so unprofessional they ruin her practice

February 25th, 2015
I'm pretty sure Dr. Rucker thinks I died.

January 26th, 2015
A "People's Physician"
Mylene Rucker is an amazing Physician with a broad educational background. She would be in my words the "People's Physician!" When rating a physician it is difficult because they rely on their staff to aid in the care administered. Mylene Rucker makes sure your questions are answered. She covers the whole enchilada; meaning nothing is left out.

May 27th, 2014
Was this a joke?
I have not had a family doctor in 2o years because I worked in physician's offices all my life and knew how things worked. Even with that history, I was blown away by the ridiculousness of this doctors methods. First, she did not ask me what I was there for. She handed me a drug company-sponsored "laptop, which was pathetically slow and did not cover many of the normal issues one writes about on the paperwork when you first see a doctor. You had to thumb through page after page of choices, and mine were not there. While I was still in the first section of this process, Dr. Rucker entered the room and began ordering tests. Mammogram, heart ultrasound, abdominal ultrasound. I told her that I was there because I have uncontrolled diabetes and nerve damage in the extremities. She told me I needed a back brace. She did not order one. She told me I was obese and gave me information on obesity. I told he that I have had weight loss surgery and am down from 380 to 225. She told me I was still obese, and needed to lose another 100 pounds. I am 5'8". My ideal weight is far more than that. She told me she was going to order many tests and procedures, but she did not do it. She did order a few blood tests, but apparently forgot about the rest. She prescribed three pain medications, een though I told her I had no pain. One of the meds (Naprosyn, is very dangerous for me to take because of the weight loss surgery. She did not know that and when I tried to tell her, she said "I would like to get a word in edgewise. Would you please stop talking. I did. And I realized that she did not care about accuracy of information, she only cared about being right and she has control issues. It is not possible to call the office directly. This is by intention. She does not want to talk on the phone, she wants t make appointments so she can charge for hem. She charges $25 to sign a form. I tried to ask why some of the tests were being done, but she did not answer me. I will go back to get the test results, but if she is as odd and unprofessional as she was the first time, I will leave. Either way, that followup will be my last appointment.

May 10th, 2014
So Hateful
I went in to see the Dr. I had back pain that made my chest hurt at times. I refused a test she wanted to do. She walked out and you could tell she was mad. I left and came back the next day for my records so I could go to the ER. The person in the front was helping me and the Dr. came around the corner and said "it is lunchtime, come back at 2pm." I tried to explain that I was going to the hospital, she glared at me and said "you don't need to go to the Emergency Room, you are not sick." I was embarrassed and devastated that she thought I was faking my symptoms. She was my Dr., I don't understand why she would just think I was faking my symptoms. I felt like I did not matter at all. I turned and walked out. I will never go back again.

May 5th, 2013
This doctor is crazy and eccentric!! Would not recommend!

April 27th, 2013
Totally Unprofessional Doctor
I went to this Dr. to see about getting on a diet. When I walked in I was not greeted by the staff. There was a sign that said to have a seat and wait to be called, for patient's privacy. I had a seat for about 10 mins and then a staff member asked me if I signed in ??? So I went and signed in and went to pay for my visit, handed the staff my atm card said they only took cash! ?? I only had my check book and ATM, said I could write a check, as I am writing my check out a lady walked up and shoves a computeratme to fill out my information and tells me to have a seat ! ok so which one am I to do ??? she never said hello or excuse me !! I stopped and acknowleged her and asked which one should I do ?? now they want me to sit down again ! Then one of the staff members calls me to the back and tells me that the Doctor feels that I smart mouthed her and she is returning my check and I need to leave !! are you kidding me !! so unprofessional !

October 27th, 2012
Myself, my wife and daughter have been patients at this location for two years and I am currently searching for another doctor due to the unprofessional staff at this office and the wait time when you do finally get an appointment. The doctor seems to be quick with her diagnosis and never really gives you a reason for the diagnosis. It is impossible to get an appointment in an emergency as she has a answering service that never calls you back.

October 20th, 2012
Dr.Rucker is a very caring Dr and she is very compassionate when dealing with patients. She also does alot of pro bono work with Allensworth she spends her time in going there for free to see patients in the rural community free of charge

April 2nd, 2012
irrisponsible Doctor
She is short, curt, impatient and almost eccentric. Her diagnosis is not correct or she doesn't treat the diagnosis at all. She does not refer patients out for specialty care or consultation leaving the patient in a very difficult and dangerous situation. He office closes for the weekend early and there is no way to reach anyone on call.

October 12th, 2011
Impossible to Get Through
Dr. Rucker's phone answering exchange is a joke. I tried to call in on four different days just to schedule an appointment and NEVER received a return call. The few times I actually reached a staff member they simply asked for my name and number, saying they would call me back. They did not. The last time I reached someone they told me they were only returning calls between 11:30 am and 12:30 pm. One hour?! What kind of doctors office only takes appointment requests during one hour of the day?! It's a shame that I have to rate Dr. Rucker so poorly based solely on her office procedures, but it doesn't matter how good a doctor she is if I can't even get past her staff to make an appointment!

January 10th, 2011
Dr. Rucker cares. That is what I value as one of her patients. She asks her patients to aid her in assessing their health and concerns (after all we know our bodies). She TALKS to you. She listens. She shares. She educates. She does not just hand out pills. She wants her PATIENTS to be in control of their bodies and futures. I have learned more about myself as one of Dr. Rucker's patients, in 5 years, than in all of my years with other doctors combined.