Dr. Myles Gibbons MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

December 30th, 2014
Took very good care of my baby.
Helpful, knowledgeable, personable and great at explaining procedures. Goes above and beyond the call to ensure patient care.

October 3rd, 2014
Arrogant
Avoid this guy at all costs. Shoddy work and arrogant. Not an experience we or our child ever wishes to relive. If you're in the Northern Virginia area and seeking a pediatric urologist, get out of the village. Highly recommend John Gearhart at Johns Hopkins for the very best in medical care and customer service. Skip the unnecessary stress and headache of dealing with Gordon and go directly to John Gearhart. Your child and your checkbook will be forever grateful.

April 18th, 2013
Wonderful!
Dr. Gibbons was wonderful with my son! He took a lot of time to explain the diagnosis and the treatment for my son. Wonderful experience!

May 30th, 2012
Poor follow up
always out of town when called and no prompt response

April 24th, 2011
NASTY ATTITUDE
EXTREMELY OBNOXIOUS! TREMENDOUSLY ARROGANT! TERRIBLE ATTITUDE! UNWORTHY TO BE IN THE REALM OF "HEALING"!

January 10th, 2011
Good doctor, bad administrative staff
Dr. Gibbons strikes me as a very competent specialist. However, it was a struggle to get a timely appointment with Dr. Gibbons. At my pediatrician's insistence I kept calling back until they moved us from a 2 month wait to a one week wait. Although I had told the nurse all the problems my son had been having, she failed to tell me that only one of the issues was Dr. Gibbons specialty. When Dr. Gibbons saw my son he rightly wanted to send his report to the gastroenterologist and the pediatrician so they could coordinate care. However, the office failed to send the report to the gastroenterologist even though he was also a Children's Hospital specialist and the report to the pediatrician had not reached her when we went in to her office several weeks later. Also, Dr. Gibbons' office claimed never to have received reports from the sonographer and pediatrician. When I followed up, they said they sent them. I tend to believe them.

July 13th, 2010
I'm SO glad this man is my child's urologist. He is extremely experienced and knowledgeable in his specialty, and though I am hesitant to trust many doctors, I absolutely trust Dr. Gibbons. He has a very calm demeanor (nice when you're nervous about an appt.), and don't be afraid to ask him questions - sometimes the medical lingo/terms can be a bit confusing. My daughter ended up needing surgery when she was 1 yr, and as hard as it is for a parent, I completely trusted that she would be well taken care of in his hands. He did a superb job and she healed from it wonderfully.

May 26th, 2010
Wonderful Surgeon
Dr. Gibbons operated on our 2 year old daughter 1 1/2 years ago and we could not have asked for a better surgeon. She has completely recovered from her grade 4/5 reflux and has not had a single problem since her surgery.

February 29th, 2016