Dr. Myra Wick MD, PHD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

September 4th, 2013
As educated as she is, I cannot get over or forgive the fact that she treated my daughter and I worse than a FARM ANIMAL, leaving me in labor for TWO DAYS with a ten pound 14 oz baby- begging for a C-section!!! I was screaming for a doctor for over two hours before one finally came in------I was fully dialated!! We ended up getting an Emergency C-section anyways, when my DAUGHTERS HEART RATE SHOT UP, SHE WAS BORN NOT BREATHING- AND HAD TO BE IN THE ICU FOR DAYS, HOOKED UP TO TUBES, BECAUSE OF A POSSIBLE "INFECTION" THAT SHE DID NOT HAVE!!! I HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH PERMANENT DAMAGE SHE CAUSED MY DAUGHTER, THERE IS NO WAY TO PROVE IT, BUT HER CO2 WAS IN THE BRAIN DAMAGE RANGE!!! ALL SHE SAID WAS "SORRY WE WERE BUSY" THIS DOCTOR IS LESS THAN HUMAN, AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED. I LOSE SLEEP OVER THOSE DAYS IN THE HOSPITAL AND THEY JUST COVER EVERYTHING UP. MY DAUGHTER HAS BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ACROCYANOSIS SINCE THEN- AND NO ONE BOTHERS TO LOOK INTO ANYTHING ANY FURTHER. SHE HURT MY BABY!!!!!!!!!!

May 2nd, 2013
Best OB practitioner
I have the upmost respect for Dr. Wick. She cares deeply for her patients and does not hesitate to go above and beyond. Every time I needed to see her, she would fit me in. Every question I had was answered. She has a very warm, genuine demeanor. I have been to other facilities and Mayo Clinic is top notch. They are the best for a reason. I would highly recommend Dr. Wick for anything.

March 19th, 2013
you do not want this person for your doctor. she does not care about you.

February 14th, 2013
when i came back to meet with her about my delivery, she said that it was common practice to only check a patient every 4 hours (even when theyre crying for a doctor in hard labor???) and she did nothing wrong. She said she didnt remember apologising to me . I lose sleep over how angry I am thinking of my baby being stuck inside me trying to be born, that is why hear heart rate went up- its a fact- and thats why she was born with a temp- which is why they kept her in the level 2 nursery with tubes for days and i couldnt even barely hold my baby with her umbilical IV giving her antibiotics she never needed in the first place....I am so mad that I lose sleep over it!! I could barely hold my baby for 3 days.

January 20th, 2013
I can't even begin to stress the horrific experience that I had delivering my first baby with Dr. Wick. I was left alone in hard labor for HOURS crying for a doctor, when the team finally came in, they told me that I was ten cm and ready to go- so they left me again and said they would see me in a half hour! they came in 45 min later to my baby going tachycardic from the stress of wanting to be born- so they rushed me into an emergency c-section where they ended up having to put me to sleep because I could feel them cutting!! They left my mother outside, so I was alone and asleep when my baby was born. After going through all that, my baby (i heard) was born not breathing, with a temperature, and an elevated heart rate...no one bothered to explain to me that her red blood cell count had skyrocketed, too. They put her in the icu because "she might have an infection because of her temperature!" because they could not get the IV in her hand to deliver antibiotics, she had a HUGE umbilical IV in her stomach. For antibiotics that they found out 3 days later she never needed in the first place, she didnt have an infection. When I had words for her, she said "sorry we were busy" I would not wish what this Dr put me though on my worst enemy. I hope she loses her license to practice medicine.

September 22nd, 2010
Excellent doctor, highly recommended
Dr. Wick takes the time necessary to get to know her patients and understand their concerns. I was extremely impressed with the examination that she performed- her level of expertise and methodical nature separate great doctors like her from otherwise good doctors, not to mention the level of care that she shows for her patients. Highly recommended!!!

February 10th, 2017