Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
2003 Medical Pkwy
Ste 310
Annapolis, MD 21401
(410) 573-9450
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
Jan 27th, 2014

I did not have Dr. Ortega as an ob/gyn, but she circumcised my son. It was a horrible experience for everyone involved. I ended up taking him to the ER because he penis looked so bad after. She had used a clotting method that no other professional I spoke to thought was appropriate - they all said it caused more pain and cell damage than necessary. She was not exactly warm during our experience either. I regret choosing her for this service and would not recommend her to anyone for anything.

Jul 1st, 2013

When I began going to Dr. Ortega I was 17 and on birth control for period issues. Ive been going there for 2 years and she has only seen me personally 2 times. My appoitments were schedualed wrong 3 times by her secretaries. When told of this she became un perfessional and proceeded to say well maybe you just shouldnt have sex?!?!? We were told I needed a preocedier done then Dr. Flores said I didnt need it done. The communication between doctors was terribly confusing. I am now looking for a new doctor.

|  Best Obgyn hands down  |  show details
by Sarah L. on Apr 9th, 2013

Hands down one of the best obgyn's ever. I went to her for my first child about 4 years ago. She made me feel completely comfortable and had this motherly touch to her that put you at ease. I had a c-section with my first child and she was there every step of the way. I have reffered 3 of my friends to her and they all say the same thing. I am currently pregnant again and going to her and i couldnt be more happy with my choice. I recommend any woman who is pregnant and looking for an obgyn to go to her. You wont regret it.

Jan 28th, 2013

Her bedside manner really left something to be desired. There were plenty of times where I waited over an hour to be seen. She showed little to no empathy when I suffered a miscarriage. She was not supportive through my next pregnancy. I often felt rushed through visits. If I were to have another baby, I would not see her again.

|  nice doctor but horrible if you need a sonogram and you have Medicaid  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2012

I've waited 5 years to post this review somewhere because it's taken me that long to move past the poor care that I received when I pregnant with my daughter, now 5. I switched to Dr.Ortega when I was about 20 wks pregnant and I regret that. I had to practically beg for a sonogram (had no sonogram yet) and I asked to have everything checked out to make sure Natalie was okay. Finally after many weeks she agreed for me to have one scheduled but she was very reluctant because in her words "I do not like to have sonograms scheduled and overused for Medicaid patients". That made no sense to me. I had the sonogram and the tech noticed that the photos of Natalie's heart where not clear. Once i had my next visit with Dr.Ortega I asked about this issue and she blew me off. Being a happy go lucky "oh everything is probably okay" mom I let it slide. Natalie ended up being born with half of a heart and no one diagnosed it. The hospital (Anne Arundel Medical Center) even sent her home completely undiagnosed. Our newborn could have easily died. That is not being dramatic. I can honestly say that I do not recommend that hospital or doctor. Unless you know the PRECISE questions to ask you can't possibly be given the opportunity to be the best advocate for your newborn if severe heart defects aren't caught in time while in their care. Thankfully MD now requires pulse oximetry to test newborns to screen for critical heart defects so please make sure that the little "ET light" gets used on your new baby. Congenital Heart Defects are the #1 birth defect. It's very serious.

Mar 1st, 2012

Dr. Ortega delivered my daughter in 2011. She was an advocate of VBAC, but since I had a second breech child, agreed with me on another Csection. She let me deliver at BMWC rather than AAMC, since it was closer to my house. Wait times were usually short, unless she was stuck in traffic or delivering a baby. The office staff was great and would let me know if she would be late.

Aug 16th, 2011

SHE IS THE BEST DOCTOR EVER

|  Terrific Doctor  |  show details
May 3rd, 2011

I agree with all the previous positive posts about Dr. Ortega. I came to her during my first pregnancy 3 years ago when I was in my 1st trimester and had just had an awful 1stT screening with another doctor. She was caring about our loss and, months later, was very positive about us trying again and going through fertility treatments. When we did get pregnant, I felt very, very, cared for. Even for tests results that did not come out as optimal as we would have liked, she looked at things in a positive light. We were blessed with a healthy girl last Fall.I just want to note about the negative posts on this website: She is a doctor who wants to make everything as stress free and comfortable as possible. And yes, she is an advocate of pain medication, and yes, she will constantly remind you that that is an option. If you feel very strongly about natural childbirth and dont want that, then choose another doctor.Also, although I gave the reception area wait time 2 stars, I do so with a caveat. While I admit to being annoyed early on that I had to wait a long time, I came to understand that many, many times, shes just come from delivering a baby or checking on a patient in labor. When my time came, she did the same for me and Im sure there were other moms who had to wait. Plus, she has another office and is affiliated at 5 different hospitals and basically, with many popular OB-GYNs as she is, youre going to have to wait. Bottom line is that she is a compassionate doctor and a very thorough and experienced healthcare professional. I trust her judgment and the service she provides. I do not live in Anne Arundel County but I like and respect her so much, I have and will continue to drive a good distance to see her.

|  Delivered all 3 of my sons  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2011

I have been her patient for 10 years now and she has delivered my 3 sons. I had gestational diabetes with all three and she was quick to get me to the specialist, she was very much on top of my care. Yes, sometimes there were large waiting times because she was delivering babies. When it was my time to deliver I had her full attention and I am sure others had to wait for their appointment. Most of the good OBGYNs are busy with their patients waiting is par for the course.

|  the office staff are very inefficient.  |  show details
Jul 19th, 2010

while dr.ortega herself is excellent, i cant say the same about her office staff. the receptionist has never once greeted me in all the 4 years i ve been seeing her.n ive wondered if she is a racist, since she has never addressed me by name when she needs to speak to me, she simple points to me and says, "you". i ve put up with all this for dr.ortega, but the last time when ii turned up for an appointment, she told me off saying that there is no appointment scheduled. i had to fix another appointment. but as i ve already mentioned dr.ortega is a very good doctor.

Jun 29th, 2010

Dr. Ortega is a wonderful, caring physician. I was seeing another OBGYN when I experienced a devestating miscarriage. He could have cared less about my feelings. Dr. Ortega happened to be there that day and showed genuine compassion towards me. At my next appointment (with her this time), she set out a plan to facilitate my next pregnancy (I had fertility issues). She supported me through all of my fears, premature labor etc. and delivered my three beautiful daughters ( a singleton and a set of twins). I had difficult pregnancies/labors on both occasions and she went out of her way to ease my pain and keep me informed of the progress each step of the way. She's been my GYN for 14 years now. I love this woman dearly and consider her a part of my family. Her staff is just as wonderful!

Apr 15th, 2010

I have not used her as a provider but my best friend has. I was her doula at her birth. Dr. Ortega continuously said things like "You should just get an epidural, why do you torture yourself?" My friend had already declined drugs (multiple times) and she just kept on and on. So I'm going to say that she does not advocate natural childbirth.Although, the midwives who she shares an office with are amazing! Water birth, natural birth, whatever you want!

|  Just Awful  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2009

During a drug free birth she would not shut up about how I made a stupid choice and how she bet I wished I would've gotten the drugs and "Oh why do you let yourself suffer?". The whole time I pushed she kept saying, "If you had drugs you wouldn't be screaming now!". Yeah. If I wanted drugs, I would've got them. Do your job.

|  Great OBGYN!!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 6th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I have used Dr. Ortega for 8 years since the birth of my premature son at 26 weeks. Before Dr. Ortega I was seeing another doctor at Anne A...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Sep 4th, 2008 on yahoo.com

the best gyn ever! she is the only doctor i will have deliver my babies! very friendly!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com