Dr. Myrna Ortega Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Myrna Ortega?

January 18th, 2017

Good Dr. knows her job.

September 19th, 2016

Mrs.

Warm, friendly, listens to patients and is almost always prompt with her appointments.

December 15th, 2015

Dr. Ortega has terrible bedside manners, and performs tests that aren't needed, and some tests need a chain of custody and they don't seem to know this.

November 3rd, 2015

Dr Ortega is the best love love love her

October 30th, 2015

Excellent Doctor

I just want to make a statement regarding the bad reviews. If your not comfortable or feel uneasy about a doctors comment, or diagnosis and the women who waited 5yrs to write a review about her child being born with a half heart. You knew at 20 weeks the ultra sound wasn't clear you was not satisfied with the Doctor's response so why didn't you switch doctors?? I'm considered high risk with all my pregnancies and currently pregnant with my 3rd child if I ever feel uncomfortable I'm switching doctors. The point I'm trying to make is you can't always point the finger because she's a "Doctor" find another one that makes you feel comfortable. In my personal opinion Ortega is a great OB and I haven't had any complaints so far but guess what if I feel uneasy in any shape, form or fashion I'm changing doctors period. I give Ortega 5 stars

June 7th, 2015

best gyn doctors around

Dr ortega is a very good doctor and she doesn't give up she finds what's wrong and listens. Not like other doctors I've been to that just ignore your symptoms if they cant figure it out.they pretty much tell you your fine. Thank goodness for dr. Ortega found my serious illness feel much better after surgery.

January 29th, 2015

OBGYN FEMALE

Very smart, caring doctor

July 1st, 2013

When I began going to Dr. Ortega I was 17 and on birth control for period issues. Ive been going there for 2 years and she has only seen me personally 2 times. My appoitments were schedualed wrong 3 times by her secretaries. When told of this she became un perfessional and proceeded to say well maybe you just shouldnt have sex?!?!? We were told I needed a preocedier done then Dr. Flores said I didnt need it done. The communication between doctors was terribly confusing. I am now looking for a new doctor.

April 9th, 2013

Best Obgyn hands down

Hands down one of the best obgyn's ever. I went to her for my first child about 4 years ago. She made me feel completely comfortable and had this motherly touch to her that put you at ease. I had a c-section with my first child and she was there every step of the way. I have reffered 3 of my friends to her and they all say the same thing. I am currently pregnant again and going to her and i couldnt be more happy with my choice. I recommend any woman who is pregnant and looking for an obgyn to go to her. You wont regret it.

January 28th, 2013

Her bedside manner really left something to be desired. There were plenty of times where I waited over an hour to be seen. She showed little to no empathy when I suffered a miscarriage. She was not supportive through my next pregnancy. I often felt rushed through visits. If I were to have another baby, I would not see her again.

June 16th, 2012

nice doctor but horrible if you need a sonogram and you have Medicaid

I've waited 5 years to post this review somewhere because it's taken me that long to move past the poor care that I received when I pregnant with my daughter, now 5. I switched to Dr.Ortega when I was about 20 wks pregnant and I regret that. I had to practically beg for a sonogram (had no sonogram yet) and I asked to have everything checked out to make sure Natalie was okay. Finally after many weeks she agreed for me to have one scheduled but she was very reluctant because in her words "I do not like to have sonograms scheduled and overused for Medicaid patients". That made no sense to me. I had the sonogram and the tech noticed that the photos of Natalie's heart where not clear. Once i had my next visit with Dr.Ortega I asked about this issue and she blew me off. Being a happy go lucky "oh everything is probably okay" mom I let it slide. Natalie ended up being born with half of a heart and no one diagnosed it. The hospital (Anne Arundel Medical Center) even sent her home completely undiagnosed. Our newborn could have easily died. That is not being dramatic. I can honestly say that I do not recommend that hospital or doctor. Unless you know the PRECISE questions to ask you can't possibly be given the opportunity to be the best advocate for your newborn if severe heart defects aren't caught in time while in their care. Thankfully MD now requires pulse oximetry to test newborns to screen for critical heart defects so please make sure that the little "ET light" gets used on your new baby. Congenital Heart Defects are the #1 birth defect. It's very serious.

March 1st, 2012

Dr. Ortega delivered my daughter in 2011. She was an advocate of VBAC, but since I had a second breech child, agreed with me on another Csection. She let me deliver at BMWC rather than AAMC, since it was closer to my house. Wait times were usually short, unless she was stuck in traffic or delivering a baby. The office staff was great and would let me know if she would be late.