inactive

Myron S Strickland Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 29th, 2016
Prenatal appointment
This was my first time going to Dr. Myron Strickland since "supposedly" it is policy that doctors should be rotated in OB/GYN. I am in my early 2nd trimester in pregnancy and this doctor is an inconsiderate, rude, insensitive person that has ever provided care for me. He would cut me off when I would ask questions and every single thing that I asked, he would say that it's normal and I can do what I want. I asked about an ultrasound since I am a first time mom and is anxious about knowing the sex since they can find out now. He stated, "We don't do "entertainment" scans and with your insurance, MEDICAID, they are not going to pay for it until 18 weeks." I felt as if he was judging me and treating me lower based on the insurance that I have. He also told me that I do not feel the baby move when I clearly told him that I do and that I know my body. He told me that I don't want to rush and get the ultrasound because the sex will not be determined as certain. Ok, fine. Then he went on to say that I'm only 15 weeks and some times women have miscarriages around 15-16 weeks. He knows that I've had a miscarriage in the past because I sought care from his office. Why would you say that? Who says that? I was livid! I told him that it will not be me who will have a miscarriage! He noticed how upset I had gotten and he noticed that once and for all he has put his foot in his big mouth. I grabbed the chart and stormed out of the office. I will not be seeing him ever again! This doctor has cost this practice to lose out on lots of money. Where is the compassion? Where is the sympathy? You cannot possibly be a doctor and not only a doctor, an obstetrician, one who cares for PREGNANT women and have such a cold, hard heart like this man. It's clear that Fayetteville Woman's Care would rather run all of the great doctors out than get rid of this man. Just because you have medical degrees and have been practicing for 30 years, it doesn't make you qualified. His day is coming. Every dog has it's day!

October 22nd, 2013
Best doctor in town! Took care of me since day one. 1st pregnancy, we had to do an emergency c section and he was hands on and proactive. (even told nurses to let my husband in OR) 2nd pregnancy, I insisted on VBAC and could have thanked him enough for letting me do it. He was a great coach in delivery room , comforting and straight forward about VBAC outcomes. Trust him eyes closed and Recommend him

March 4th, 2013
I visited for regular check up and papsmear and have been in excrutiating pain for last 7 days. Called office about pain and was not taken serious, husband had to call and demand to speak with a provider. Was seen second time by another provider in the practice and was told that pain was a coincidence. I went in asymptomatic and now am in severe pain. Will be going to another doctor for follow up as I will not allow anyone in this practice to touch me again. They were very unconcerned about what occured and did not acknowledge my condition.

July 30th, 2012
Best Gyno. Dr. ever!
Dr. Strickland has been my Dr. for many years. He did not deliver our son but was there the entire 9 mos. before. Dr. Keeney delivered our baby 17 years ago. Dr. Strickland has always helped me and made me feel very comfortable although I hate having this procedure once a year. Time to call in the am to get my near future appt.

July 13th, 2011
I THINK DR. STRICKLAN IS GREAT! HE IS FULL OF KNOWLEDGE AND I TRUST HIM 100%

May 19th, 2011
Dr. Strickland may be gruff at times but he is honest and to the point. I was refered to Dr. Strickland through my primary care physician because I am diabetic and therefore, high risk. Thanks to careful management of my illness during pregnancy, I have a healthy and average sized baby boy. If you want kindness and hand holding; call a friend, if you want professional medical care, get an appointment.

October 24th, 2010
THE WORST DR. IVE EVER BEEN TO.
I went to dr. strickland to go on clomid because i have PCOS, and another dr. in the same building sent me to him saying if i ever want to get PG i'd need help. That im probably not ovulating. So i go into stricklands office and told him and he was the rudest person ive ever met when i asked him about going on clomid. im 19 and on medicaid but ive been trying for 2 years to have a baby. yes im young but i have a disease called SMA, and it weakens my muscu we both wantles as i get older and im in a wheelchair and have been for 9 years now. but that doesnt make me stupid nor uncapable to be PG or take care of a baby, sure id need a bit of help but i have a bf of 5 years, who is willing to do this cuz its want. so strickland said i have to be 25 he doesnt care about if i wanted to early in life so i can care for my child that if he put me on clomid he would be laughed out of the medical field. i was balling my eyes out and he showed me absolutely no concern or compassion, my mom was in the room cuz shes like my best friend and so was my bf. my sister who iis 2 years older then me went to him while she was PG and she too has SMA he wanted her to get an abortion if the baby had it too he also informed my mom that she would be the one taking care of my sisters child cuz she wouldnt be able to. my sister had her baby via c section and he was a happy healthy boy and just turned 8 months today. if u have any disability at all dont go to strickland, he is a jerk about it. but wont tell u to ur face he doesnt want to help u because of ur disability. he is a coward. and i have a friend on clomid who has PCOS and shes 20! but "normal" also if u dont treat pcos u have chances of getting a heart disease and a whole bunch of other stuff. yet i sit here today with nothing for it and small hope of becoming a mother. its all i ever dreamed of.

September 14th, 2010
BEST IN NORTH CAROLINA
DR STRICKLAND IS VERY CARING AND IS A GREAT DOCTOR AND PERSON.

June 29th, 2010
Best Doctor!
Dr. Strickland has been my doctor through a miscarriage, placenta previa, and severe postpartum hemmoraging. He is and will be the doctor that I want there when I am in trouble. He is knows what he is doing and is compationate when it comes to my concerns. I go to him for anything other than a broken limb or the flu. He is wonderful!!