General Practitioner, Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Southwest Medical Consultants
10458 S Pulaski Rd
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
708-636-1818
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  show details
by pam on May 31st, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. Venkataramn for many years. i found him to be in tune to his patients needs. His bedside manner and his staff are great. i would highly recommend him.

|  Can't believe it...Dr. leaves me when I'm sick  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2012

I have Crohn's Disease(diagnoised since 2001)This past beginning of Nov.2011, I start thinking that my maybe meds are not working(I ask him for a colonoscopy), to which he replies that I'm not due for one until next summer. so another month goes by, now the urgency to go to the bathroom as pretty severe(I ask him again, perhaps i should get a colonoscopy) which he suggests that I just take an increased dose of immodiums/Colestid after a suggestion from my uncle(whose also a gastro), now another month goes by, where the urgency is horrific and out of control(so I yet again, practically begging, for a colonoscopy...I mean, come on, one knows their body)After asking him not once, not twice but three time for a colonoscopy he does this REAL HACK-JOB of a colonoscopy only for him to determine that I have active Crohn's again and that the disease is back in a pretty decent size of my intestine/small bowel, suggests I get a 2nd opinion...then get this....SENDS ME A LETTER 2-3 WEEKS LATER TELLING ME THAT HE CAN NO LONGER BE MY DOCTOR!?!?!?!? & THAT I HAVE 30 DAYS TO FIND A NEW ONE...NO KIDDING!! WTF?? SINCERLEY, SICK AGAIN W/NO CURRENT GASTRO :(