Dr. Nabil Aziz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

August 23rd, 2016
I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR AZIZ

July 6th, 2016
DO NOT GO TO HIM
I have been a patient of Dr. Aziz for 3 years, I now am looking elsewhere. I have never had such an agonizing time with a doctor's office. He is rude, unprofessional, greedy and doesn't take accountability for his staff. The staff is incompetent and takes after him. I will never recommend anyone to go to him ever again. My whole family sees him and all are looking elsewhere due to what he's done to me. I hope new patients really take the time to read the negative reviews about him and realize he and his staff will do this to you.

January 14th, 2016
doctors should be held accountable for harming patients
I was given tegratol for seizure issue and had a sever reaction. I had a sever rash, vision changes, increased occular pressure, hallucinations, an allergic reaction in small and large colon causing malabsorption of food and a loss of 30 pounds. my traumatic brain injury was poorly documented. Dr. Aziz reports are inaccurate. I spent the better part of a year sick from medication he prescribed and did not inform me that such a sever reaction could occur. I was left scared and sick under Dr. Aziz's care

September 2nd, 2015
I feel the front office staff are not helpful.. When i stated those issues with Dr. Aziz, he actually yelled at me, to the point where i had to fight back tears.. I was dx with MS, and every time i see him, and explain things that are going on, his answer is always its not related.. Yet..i belong to an MS group on facebook, and everyone that i asked have all experienced the symptoms i tried to tell him about.. I got to my car after my visit and felt physically ill.. I called my PCP and we are trying to find a different Dr... very uncaring and unprofessional in my opinion

March 18th, 2014
Seems great.
Everything so far has been great with this doctor. He actually was the first doctor to help my husband after 6 months of no other doctor being able to diagnose my husband. He even called at 6:30 at night after our appointment with the tests results that we thought we would have to wait a few days for and he also called in the prescriptions that night and wanted my husband to immediatley start to take them. He even called a few days after to check on my husband (which is something that no other doctor has ever done). The office staff can be a little more nicer but hey we have no clue what they deal with on a daily basis so I can be a little forgiving in that area. The only thing that needs to be better is the wait time. The hour wait for your appointment is a little much.

November 15th, 2013
do not tolerate staff's rude behavior
Front office staff extremely rude and disrespectful when I spoke with doctor and np in reference to this abuse i was told i would need to find ulternate care with no reason, would not cover for period of time Md and Np were reprted to the NYS licnseing bureau ans medical review for professional misconduct

April 2nd, 2012
Do your research and run!!
I would never recommend Dr. Aziz. One of my close family members is being treated by him for Alzheimer's. After our first appointment, I liked Dr. Aziz and thought his check-up was very through. Now, I realize that the check-up was just standard for neurology. With each follow up, the Dr becomes more and more impatient and disrespectful when answering my family's questions. He has also stopped looking for a solution to symptoms my relative is having, even denying to us that these symptoms even exist! He seems to have a habit of doing this, and I urge anyone considering his care to check up on him. Many people seem to have had very similar experiences with him. I am currently trying to convince my family member to see a different Neurologist, but it's hard because he's been feeling so overwhelmed. I wish anyone the best of luck in getting the healthcare they deserve, and strongly advise to stay away from this Dr!

November 8th, 2011
Incompetant and cheap!
Aziz failed to monitor my pregnancy effectively while I was on meds toxic to fetus. As a result, I now have a child with developmental delays (direct result of exposure to med). He showed no remorse after babies birth when med related defects were confirmed. Doctor also very cheap made it known that his office policy was not to mail prescriptions to patients without first receiving a self addressed return envelope. He didn't want to pay for he cost of a stamp! This was a big insult considering that I was a patient of his for over 17 years and always paid bills on time! Amazing I stayed so long. Also amazing was the new information that I learned about my medical condition from my new physician which I never was told about from Aziz. It was always "status quo" office visits with Aziz. Unless I asked direct questions, no new info. was forthcoming. Advise - stay away!

June 11th, 2011
I was referred to Dr Aziz in 992 for short term memory loss upon retirement from the medical field. I found him to be very thorough, compassionate, and knowledgable. When it got to a point that symptoms were progressing he referred me to neuropsychologist who was also top of the line. I had several days of testing and although alzheimer's was in the back of my mind, he asked for a Heavy Metels Blood Test. It was found that I had an Arsenic level of over 500.That began a multitude of investigations etc. All in all I came through fine, with some chronic kidney failure. But had he not been a physician willing to refer for another opinion, I would most likely still be driving down wrong side of road, burning pans on stove etc.My appointments were both in Oswego and Fulton. Had he not closed his offices here I would till be a patient; however we do not drive out of the area and must rely on children to take time from work.After a few office calls I decided I had to be discharged from his care.

August 18th, 2010
AVOID AZIZ!!!
Seemed to be very kind and knowledgeable at first (i could understand why people rated him so badly on these sites). Well i soon found out why his rating was so poor - at my last appointment he was incredibly rude to me and belittled my condition for no apparent reason. There are many other neurologist in this area take my advice and avoid this one.

September 17th, 2009
Knowledgeable. Up on the latest meds for my husband's condition. Returns calls. No criticism.

July 2nd, 2008
Great neuro, office staff needs work
I love the doctor but hate the fact that it's frustrating beyond belief to get an answer from someone on the office staff. They never seem to have my test results even though they have been sent to them, no one calls me back, and it seems like no one can ever pull my chart to see how many times I have called and still not received an answer from someone. This may actuall cause me to look for another doctor. I have MS and I don't have time to continually ask for follow up information. Plus, the office staff always calls me by the incorrect first name! Argh!