Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by JUDY CARTER on Feb 25th, 2016

best DR.. EVER....

VERY WELL HANDLED VISIT. show details VERY WELL HANDLED VISIT.
by J.RUNNELS on Dec 2nd, 2015

I was referred to Dr.Muhanna to discuss the results of an MRI of my neck recently conducted. Although i had to wait a long time to see him beyond my appointment, his office had given me a same day appointment due to the contents of my MRI. Dr.Muhanna spent a considerable amount of time going over my MRI in detail, showing me the on screen version to point out various issues and also conducting a wide variety of tests of my hand, leg and neck strength,. He also discussed my medical history in depth, not only about my neck but to include several other problems in my medical history which might be part of causing my problem.At the conclusion he recommended performing some nerve conduction studies with a specific objective which i felt was a quality recommendation. He did not in any way pressure me toward a surgical option and gave me the option of returning to him if/as my current condition deteriorates. I was very pleased with his handling in every way.

Respected wonderful physician show details Respected wonderful physician
Nov 7th, 2015

Dr. Muhanna is a wonderful physician. He is ethical and cares very much. Very respectful and smart.

Highly recommend. show details Highly recommend.
Sep 3rd, 2015

Amazing physician. I have so much respect and admiration for this wonderful neurosurgeon. I recommend him highly to anyone needing a neurosurgeon.

Great surgeon show details Great surgeon
by Steve Pierce on Apr 22nd, 2015

He is a great surgeon. He did surgery on me 30 yrs. ago and I have done really well. I have another ruptured disc and wouldn't let anyone else but Dr. Muhanna perform this surgery on me.

Professional and Thorough show details Professional and Thorough
by Gary B. on Dec 17th, 2014

Seems to be very intent on providing an accurate diagnosis and spends time with you to explore all of your options for treatment. Good experience so far.

An artist show details An artist
Oct 9th, 2010

I had excruciating pain in my left leg and thought I injured my replacement knee. I went to the doctor who replaced my knees and after x-rays he said there was nothing wrong with my knees nor hips. He ordered an MRI and referred me to Dr. Muhanna. After reding my MRI he had me go and have a Lumbar Root Nerve Block to see if it would help. It didn't last but a couple of hours but it did verify where the pain was coming from.He gave me 3 options: Do nothing, have more injections or fix the problem with surgery. I chose surgery( laminectomy & discectomy)and the outcome has been great! Dr. Muhanna is a busy guy and doesn't spend time making small talk. He is very knowledgable and tells you what is wrong and how he can fix it. He does explain the procedures and what to expect during surgery and post surgery.His office staff (especially Jo Hulsey)is great and his PA, Jarrett Kissel was very capable and helpful. I would not hesitate referring anyone to Dr. Muhanna.

misdiagnosed show details misdiagnosed
Sep 18th, 2010

I was having numbness, tingling and pain in my hand when I saw Dr. Muhanna. I had been told I probably had carpal tunnel syndrome and was sent to him. He did some test which were all negative. He told me he couldn't find anything wrong but would do surgery if I wanted him to. I'm a nurse who works with Dr. Muhanna at the hospital and was shocked he actually said that! Needless to say I didn't let him do surgery. I was later diagnosed by another doctor with thoracic outlet syndrome and had surgery. That took care of my problems.

Don't let the bedside manner fool you... show details Don't let the bedside manner fool you...
by rn on Jun 18th, 2010

Dr. Muhanna many times does not spend a lot of time at bedside nor much time explaining things, and is hard to understand due to the thick accent, but don't let that fool you...He is an EXCELLENT neurosurgeon, with generally above average patient outcomes. This is from experience working with him and the other md's for several years, and I have seen this. Definitely who I would want to operate on me should i ever need brain surgery.

Jan 18th, 2010

Keeps little or no paperwork for future reference. Horrible bedside manner.

he is a jerk show details he is a jerk
Apr 3rd, 2009

He treaded me like I was a drug head. He didn"t even wait for me to explain anything before he said he would not give me pain meds , for me to overdose or anything. he was a total jerk.I can not beleave that he a doctor or has any people coming to him for anything.