Dr. Nabil Muhanna MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 25th, 2017
Straightforward and to the point.
I was referred to him after an ER visit. After reviewing my MRI and performing other tests he recommended surgery as the best option. After getting a second opinion and speaking with the hospital staff I decided to go that route. Had a L4-L5 discectomy and fusion. While some may say he doesn't spend any time with you or is abrupt, I never took it that way. He is just straightforward and doesn't try to push you one way or the other. He is VERY busy and though his visits at the hospital were short he also listened to your questions and answered them in laymen s terms. The hospital staff always had wonderful stories about him and spoke very highly of him. The follow up care was great as well. Most memorable to me was his calm reassurance just before my surgery. 5 years later I still have relief from the pain he fixed during the procedure. If the need arises for any other issues with my back he will be the first Dr. I see.

July 11th, 2016
Dr. Muhanna is one of the best in the business

December 2nd, 2015
VERY WELL HANDLED VISIT.
I was referred to Dr.Muhanna to discuss the results of an MRI of my neck recently conducted. Although i had to wait a long time to see him beyond my appointment, his office had given me a same day appointment due to the contents of my MRI. Dr.Muhanna spent a considerable amount of time going over my MRI in detail, showing me the on screen version to point out various issues and also conducting a wide variety of tests of my hand, leg and neck strength,. He also discussed my medical history in depth, not only about my neck but to include several other problems in my medical history which might be part of causing my problem.At the conclusion he recommended performing some nerve conduction studies with a specific objective which i felt was a quality recommendation. He did not in any way pressure me toward a surgical option and gave me the option of returning to him if/as my current condition deteriorates. I was very pleased with his handling in every way.

November 7th, 2015
Respected wonderful physician
Dr. Muhanna is a wonderful physician. He is ethical and cares very much. Very respectful and smart.

September 3rd, 2015
Highly recommend.
Amazing physician. I have so much respect and admiration for this wonderful neurosurgeon. I recommend him highly to anyone needing a neurosurgeon.

April 22nd, 2015
Great surgeon
He is a great surgeon. He did surgery on me 30 yrs. ago and I have done really well. I have another ruptured disc and wouldn't let anyone else but Dr. Muhanna perform this surgery on me.

December 17th, 2014
Professional and Thorough
Seems to be very intent on providing an accurate diagnosis and spends time with you to explore all of your options for treatment. Good experience so far.

October 9th, 2010
An artist
I had excruciating pain in my left leg and thought I injured my replacement knee. I went to the doctor who replaced my knees and after x-rays he said there was nothing wrong with my knees nor hips. He ordered an MRI and referred me to Dr. Muhanna. After reding my MRI he had me go and have a Lumbar Root Nerve Block to see if it would help. It didn't last but a couple of hours but it did verify where the pain was coming from.He gave me 3 options: Do nothing, have more injections or fix the problem with surgery. I chose surgery( laminectomy & discectomy)and the outcome has been great! Dr. Muhanna is a busy guy and doesn't spend time making small talk. He is very knowledgable and tells you what is wrong and how he can fix it. He does explain the procedures and what to expect during surgery and post surgery.His office staff (especially Jo Hulsey)is great and his PA, Jarrett Kissel was very capable and helpful. I would not hesitate referring anyone to Dr. Muhanna.

September 18th, 2010
misdiagnosed
I was having numbness, tingling and pain in my hand when I saw Dr. Muhanna. I had been told I probably had carpal tunnel syndrome and was sent to him. He did some test which were all negative. He told me he couldn't find anything wrong but would do surgery if I wanted him to. I'm a nurse who works with Dr. Muhanna at the hospital and was shocked he actually said that! Needless to say I didn't let him do surgery. I was later diagnosed by another doctor with thoracic outlet syndrome and had surgery. That took care of my problems.

June 18th, 2010
Don't let the bedside manner fool you...
Dr. Muhanna many times does not spend a lot of time at bedside nor much time explaining things, and is hard to understand due to the thick accent, but don't let that fool you...He is an EXCELLENT neurosurgeon, with generally above average patient outcomes. This is from experience working with him and the other md's for several years, and I have seen this. Definitely who I would want to operate on me should i ever need brain surgery.

January 18th, 2010
Keeps little or no paperwork for future reference. Horrible bedside manner.

April 3rd, 2009
he is a jerk
He treaded me like I was a drug head. He didn"t even wait for me to explain anything before he said he would not give me pain meds , for me to overdose or anything. he was a total jerk.I can not beleave that he a doctor or has any people coming to him for anything.