Neurological Surgeon, Neurologists

1240 Jesse Jewell Pkwy SE
Ste 300
Gainesville, GA 30501
770-534-7200
Locations and availability (4)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  Physical Therapy Assistant  |  show details
by Eric on Jun 13th, 2013

I have 22 years in medicine and have worked with hundreds of doctors across the military. I walked in, he left the door wide open for all to hear my personal info. HIPPA???? it is the law Doctor! He interrupted me before I could get my first sentence out of my mouth and made an immediate assumption that I had a diagnoses on myself and because I am a medical providers I can't look at my illness objectively. He actually said it to me! Keep in mind I have never got a full sentence out and never said anything about what I thought it was. He continued to ask question and interrupted when I would start to answer. Funny, if he would have shut up, I could have the answers all those question he asked in about the 10 seconds of a normal introduction between two humans. I told him he was being rude and not to interrupt me again, after that, he over emphasized his answers as if I was a child and I again corrected him on his attitude. Now, objectively and my professional view of him. He lacks the ability to diagnose outside a MRI or other means were someone else is doing his job. He justs past the Subjective part of the examination and performed very little if any objective testing. He performed a routine reflex test only after I made it clear I wasn't his normal patient and he can't punk me around. Probably just to cover his butt. He never ask about my pain, where it originates, nor where it radiates. Never asked what made it worse, what made it better, quality of life, etc. Although pain is subjective to the individual, you can determine the level of the spine that is involved based off the locations of the pain. This is basic knowledge in medicine. He lacks the whole patient concept and if it isnt jumping out on a x-ray, MRI or CT, he doesnt do a full exam and history to try to solve the problem. His solution was to allow some pain management doctor to stick needles in me as a method of diagnosing my source of pain and help him diagnose the issue. this was his solution after I told him prior attempts for pain relief have failed through this method and I didn't want more pain management. Again, this is why god gave us two ears and one mouth. In summation, he Turfs it out to have someone else to solve the problem, probably because he is scared about being sued. The only reason I probably only waited 5 minutes in the waiting room is because he spends such little time trying to resolve the problem on his own. Last thing, I never asked him for a single medication!! I'm not a junky pill head shopping for pills. This is a true assessment of one provider of another.

|  Wonder Surgeon and Life Changer  |  show details
by Gary C. on Apr 1st, 2013

I was first introduced to Dr. Muhanna in early 2010. I woke up one morning and was unable to move on my own. Carried to hospital and was found to be in renal failure and severe cervical problem as well. I was in ICU for 4 days. Dr. Muhanna described the surgery needed and I allowed it to be done. Results were immediate and it change my live. I was in an auto accident in December of 2012 and broke vertebrae in my lower back. I went to see Muhanna and he found problem and I allowed hime to do fusion and place metal rods in my back. He changed my life. He is a very educated, skillful and great surgeon. Some people may question his bed side manner,but I want a surgeon, not a politician. I would allow him to place a scapel to me again if necessary.

|  An artist  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2010

I had excruciating pain in my left leg and thought I injured my replacement knee. I went to the doctor who replaced my knees and after x-rays he said there was nothing wrong with my knees nor hips. He ordered an MRI and referred me to Dr. Muhanna. After reding my MRI he had me go and have a Lumbar Root Nerve Block to see if it would help. It didn't last but a couple of hours but it did verify where the pain was coming from.He gave me 3 options: Do nothing, have more injections or fix the problem with surgery. I chose surgery( laminectomy & discectomy)and the outcome has been great! Dr. Muhanna is a busy guy and doesn't spend time making small talk. He is very knowledgable and tells you what is wrong and how he can fix it. He does explain the procedures and what to expect during surgery and post surgery.His office staff (especially Jo Hulsey)is great and his PA, Jarrett Kissel was very capable and helpful. I would not hesitate referring anyone to Dr. Muhanna.

|  misdiagnosed  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2010

I was having numbness, tingling and pain in my hand when I saw Dr. Muhanna. I had been told I probably had carpal tunnel syndrome and was sent to him. He did some test which were all negative. He told me he couldn't find anything wrong but would do surgery if I wanted him to. I'm a nurse who works with Dr. Muhanna at the hospital and was shocked he actually said that! Needless to say I didn't let him do surgery. I was later diagnosed by another doctor with thoracic outlet syndrome and had surgery. That took care of my problems.

|  Don't let the bedside manner fool you...  |  show details
by rn on Jun 18th, 2010

Dr. Muhanna many times does not spend a lot of time at bedside nor much time explaining things, and is hard to understand due to the thick accent, but don't let that fool you...He is an EXCELLENT neurosurgeon, with generally above average patient outcomes. This is from experience working with him and the other md's for several years, and I have seen this. Definitely who I would want to operate on me should i ever need brain surgery.

|  show details
Jan 18th, 2010

Keeps little or no paperwork for future reference. Horrible bedside manner.

|  he is a jerk  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2009

He treaded me like I was a drug head. He didn"t even wait for me to explain anything before he said he would not give me pain meds , for me to overdose or anything. he was a total jerk.I can not beleave that he a doctor or has any people coming to him for anything.

|  Best in NE Georgia  |  show details
by dchummel on Jan 9th, 2009 on kudzu.com

My daughter was involved in a automobile accident in March 2008. She had a broken neck at C-2. This is the same vertabrae that superman "Christopher Reeves" broke...the one that totally paralyzed him. Dr Nabil Muhanna was called in to do surgery on her neck. Dr Muhanna was absolutely great. Today she is walking, a miracle. She could have been paralyzed. C-2 also controls your breathing. She has made a remarkeable recovery...She still has a long way to go but we are very greatful for the care and concern of Dr Muhanna and his staff

Read Full Review at kudzu.com