Nadeem Abu-Rustum Is this you?

Have you seen Nadeem Abu-Rustum?

December 5th, 2015

I was afraid. I have stage 4 cancer. This doctor and his team have saved my life. The cancer situation is now under control. I now have greater hope for the future. Thank you very much.

March 20th, 2015

I had surgery for endometrial cancer and recovered extremely well. my doctor and his team and the staff were terrific. Highly recommended.

March 14th, 2015

Excellent doctor and hospital

July 29th, 2014

Poor Doctor

Dr. Abu-Rustum was eager to diagnose me based on one piece of information. Not surprisingly, this lead to a very wrong-headed diagnosis, calling for a ...

July 24th, 2014

He was either unable or unwilling to answer basic questions anyone would be asking her surgeon: treatment options, how he chooses one treatment over the other, the severity of the cancer, etc. In my experience, Dr. Abu-Rustum takes the I'm a hammer, so every problem is a nail approach. He is a surgeon and advised radical surgery. I saw two other surgeons who had thought about my case a lot more carefully and came up with different conclusions--which were then borne out by the further testing they bothered to do before diagnosing me and recommending treatment.

July 10th, 2014

Excellent surgeon

Dr. Abu-Rustum is an excellent doctor. He is concerned for his patients and spends the time to answer questions. He explains things well and is an excellent surgeon.

February 15th, 2013

He is nice before surgery, but becomes hard to speak to afterwards. He keeps you waiting for two hours for follow up appointments. He doesn't phone with test results. He can be quite insulting and doesn't give out necessary information. He does not want to discuss any problems with his surgery. Do not use this doctor!

June 27th, 2012

Wonderful doctor

I felt so safe putting my surgery in his hands. God bless him.

March 6th, 2012

Dr. Abu-Rustuum performed my surgery for ovarian cancer three years ago. I just can't say enough of him and his staff. He is so caring and explains everything right up front. Everyone at Memorial Sloan Kettering was understanding, and so caring. I thank God that I found him to do my surgery. It was well worth the trip into NYC.

November 22nd, 2011

Great Doctor and Facilities

I got used to being rushed at another hospital by another doctor. Being treated at Sloan Kettering is a different world altogether. Dr. Abu-Rustum has a lot of staff to follow him around, so I felt well cards for. Dr. Abu-Rustum is an expert surgeon with very nice bedside manners. He made me feel cared for and special. (wish I could say the same about his fellows, but they will never be as charismatic as dr. Abu-Rustum). He was clear and honest about the risks of my surgery. I did not experience any complications and the stitches are neat and clean. Sloan Kettering has excellent facilities with attentative staff, volunteers to bring you magazines, a terrace and lounge for activities, a menu to order room service (just a fancy menu of hospital food), and someone even came to pray with me and bring me flowers for free. So, if your insurance covers Sloan Kettering and Abu Rustum, do not hestitate. I was shocked by the hospital bill but they can't bill you more than what the insurance pays in most instances.

July 8th, 2010

I'm a lucky person

Dr. Abu-Rustum was assigned to me when I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. His calm demeanor while he explained that it was Stage 4, what that meant, and the method of treatment, helped me to handle this difficult situation. Thanks to his surgical expertise (and his teamwork with my oncologist, Mr. Hensley), my cancer is now in remission. If you have to go through something as devastating and frightening as this, you want to have Dr. Abu-Rustum taking care of you.

October 25th, 2016