Psychiatrist, Sleep Medicine Specialist

Daymark Recovery Services
725 Highland Ave
Winston Salem, NC 27101
336-607-8642
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Never again!!!  |  show details
Dec 29th, 2010

Dr Akhtar was introduced to my mother a few years ago. She was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. (for thirty years) She had been on the same meds for over 30 years and after seeing Akhtar for just a few months, he cut her dosage in half, and then took her completely her regimen. Needless to say, it was a disaster!!!! My mother's behavior changed drastically, and she ended up in jail, and being admitted from one hospital to the next. She up and gave all her possessions away, and even left her residence to walk the streets. She was homeless...and so agitated from not being stable, that she wouldn't except accept any help from anyone. I begged Dr Akhtar and his staff to help me, but they refused. I'm no doctor, but you don't just take a mental patient off meds and l eave them out there to destroy themselves. The staff was rude, and unconcerned. It was a nightmare. Before Dr Akhtar's "treatment" my mom was living independently and behaviors were stable. I ended up having to fight for the last year to become her guardian, and we are starting fresh; without Dr Akhtar and his radical ways.