Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  If only I would have known about the immediate relief.  |  show details
by Bonnie E on Dec 11th, 2013

I went to Dr. Hebela with numbness in left arm and fingers and extreme nerve pain in my left upper back and shoulder. I was sent immediately for a MRI exam which revealed spinal cord damage and stenosis in c6-c7 area. Dr. Hebela recommended Anterior Cervical Discetomy with Fusion (ACDF). After doing the research I found that this was a common procedure for my condition. Dr. Hebela was thorough in explanation of the process, healing time and possible complications. He was also genuine in his desire to make my pain and life better. What he didn't boast about was the fact that he has a special technique for removing the bone from the hip area to use in disc replacement. In all the research I did, the most common complaint was the long term and consistent pain in the hip area where the bone was removed. I was surprised and pleased to find that I had little to no pain from that incision (more like 2 days of sore muscle). If you are a candidate for this type of procedure I would definitely check in on Dr. Hebela as his knowledge, experience and technique in this procedure is parrel to none. Thanks again for giving me my life back.

|  My experience with Dr. Hebela  |  show details
by Richard Toscano on May 26th, 2013

I would definitely choose this doctor again. I found him to be very professional and knowledgeable about my problem. He was always there for me when I needed him to be. I have and would recommend him to all of my friends. Overall rating is excellent.

|  Surgery for Sciatica  |  show details
by Wallace Hartman on May 24th, 2013

I suffered from debilitating sciatic pain in my hip and leg. Dr. Hebela evaluated and recommended surgery, It is one year later and I have absolutely no pain. The surgery was a complete success.

|  paralyzed me  |  show details
by kevin cannon on May 1st, 2013

when he was a fellow at st joe's in towson md. in 2007 he took it upon himself to "fix" my stacked vertebrae problem by using weights hanging from my head;unfortunately he mistakenly had the technician pull me to a sitting position with the weights still hanging on my head.....the result- instant paralysis! spent 10 weeks in hospital/rehab;a year in a wheelchair and years in pain and disability......my greatest regret outside ever meeting up with dr. hebela was my stupidity in not bringing a law suit against him!!

|  EXELLENT DR.!  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2013

Dr Hebela changed my life I am able to walk again with no pain ! I highly reccommend him. Such a caring man I am very thankful. The staff is great as well !

|  show details
Sep 13th, 2012

Doctor Hebela needs to go back to school and start all over. He is the person that ruined my husband's spine and it had to be totally redone by another doctor after great pain and heart brake for all of us in the family. He should not be able to practice surgery.

|  unprofessional  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

I have a complex medical history like eg. leukemia,NHL,Afib,diabetes,diverticulitisneck&lower back pain,severe obstructive sleep apnea,bells palsy,hypertension etc. This doctor spent 10 mins. with me after I sat for 2hrs waiting to see him.I gave him two xrays and two MRI reports and he didn't look at them.He check the MRI 'S for 3 to 4 mins and said he didn't see any real problems and dismiss me.I think because it was a va appt.and not one held in his private practice that I received only 10 mins.This is why I have medicare and AARP insurance because the doctors at the VA are SUBPAR.

|  Find another doctor  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2011

Doctor Habela has the credentials but lacks expertise in his work. His surgery only lasts for a few months then you will be searching for a real orthopedic surgeon to repair his mistakes.

|  WATCH THIS CLOWN  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

THIS GUY IS NOT OBJECTIVE AND SHOULD BE WATCHED

|  show details
Jul 18th, 2011

Great surgeon,Caring and helpful.Thank you!

|  Worw  |  show details
May 20th, 2011

Worst Dr. I have ever visited. He does not understand the first four sentences of the patients bill of rights, he is rude, aggressive and abusive. Complaint has already been lodged with hospital administration.

|  Intelligent, caring doctor  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2011

My husband had an emergency hip replacement performed by Dr. Hebala. He followed up the day after the surgery with a phone call. At the subsequent appointment he was interested, caring, and very much concerned about functionality (not usual for an orthopedist).

|  Worst decision ever!  |  show details
by Brokeback on May 5th, 2010

I've had 2 lumbar surgeries, including a microdisectomy and a lamonectomy; Both Failed! I went to Dr. Habela because I needed help and I was referred to him by another Doctor; "He was a smug jerk with the bedside manner of a machanic!" He didn't even evaluate my physical condition, he sent his intern in and when he came in he questioned my condition---as if it wasn't apparent in the mri. Anyhow, he was rude, abrasive and very unsympathetic to my condition. In short, I wouldn't send a sick dog to see this fella!!!!!! Please talk to a REAL doctor!