Dr. Nadine Ford MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Washington, DC

3.6

February 6th, 2012
No Questions Asked
I was disappointed with my first visit and thought I'd give her another try. After the second time, the disappointment continues. My visit with her was 5-10 minutes tops. I explained my symptoms and was not given any explanations nor offered any answers to help the issue. In fact, i was ushered out to the reception area and had to ask to go back and see her because I had follow up questions. I then had to ask if there was anything that will help. Further, on my follow up visit, I wasn't asked how the BC pills were doing. I had to bring up the subject of side effects from the BC pills and ask for a lower dosage because the one she had given me was too strong and made me nauseous. I get that she has other patients but it wouldn't hurt to ask her patients if they had any questions before ushering them out. I'm just very disappointed because the doctor did not seem to care. I will be switching doctors.

December 5th, 2011
Very Good Doctor
I really enjoy Dr. Ford, she is friendly and always listens. If you do not have questions then she will be in and out but if you ask questions she does take the time to answer you. She is professional and courteous and has an amazing staff.

November 30th, 2010
Gynecologist in training...
Not happy with the level of service. Always left feeling like I diagnosed myself and that I wasn't getting any feedback on my symptoms, or treatment options nor getting the right diagnoses to help me to live a more comfortable lifestyle while going through menopause. Staff rushed through the appointment and did very little at all to assist with understanding treatment and coverage, causing additional treatments that were not clear, and additional expenses with no true benefit. After several attempts to convey my concerns with my menopausal symptoms and no help what so ever, I determined she's probably much more suitable as an ob. However, it looks to be a pattern in both fields of expertise. Im now looking for another doctor who understands menopause, will address my symptoms, help me understand my options and make better cost effective accurate decisions about my existing health concerns.

November 24th, 2010
I saw Dr.Ford during my last pregnancy. My experience was a lot of waiting, vague answers to questions and concerns, and a robotic like manner by her. I wish I would have seen a midwife instead.

September 19th, 2010
Uncomfortable Visits
I am a first time mother and I am scared of delivering after my appointments with Dr. Ford. I have waited 45mins to an hour and 15 mins for Dr. Ford to see me, while I am in the room waiting for my weekly cervix exams. I have come to my appointments with questions from pains in my wrists to movement of the baby to pains in my lower stomach and all are answered with "that's what happens when you are pregnant" not ever really explaining anything. I have not progressed and I am 40 weeks and instead of talking with me what that meant or giving me any options of waiting I was told I was going to be induced at 40 weeks and 4 days. I am scared and have called other doctors at the clinic to see what their opinion is and feel more comfortable talking with total strangers then the doctor whom is to deliver my first child..... sad really. Bedside manner is very important! Just sad I have had to share my first pregnancy experience with a doctor who doesn't seem to care about the individual patient, she just goes through the motions.

April 13th, 2010
just ok
Not very good about explaining things, always seems to rush through my appointments. Also the nursing staff & this Dr. are terrible about not returning phone calls. I am not an excessive caller. I called 4 times in an entire pregnancy with questions (one time with dizzy spells)- only 1 time out of 4 did someone even bother getting back to me, then at the next appointment they had no record what so ever that I had called. The one phone call I did have returned was to tell me what to take for a sinus infection- I was told to go see my general practitioner-that he would know. If you are looking for personal experience go elsewhere.