Dr. Nadine Graven MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 10th, 2014
Disappointing
If you are looking for a completely checked out OB and incompetent office staff then this place is for you. To make this short and sweet here is a list of what you should and should not expect: Expect: 1. to be billed promptly for everything with minimal explanation of what you are being billed for. In fact there will be billing mistakes and you have to catch them and complain to get the error fixed 2. Excuses instead of apologies each time something is done wrong. I even received a gift card to starbucks once because 8 months pregnant I waited for Dr. Graven for an hour and a half after telling them that I was in a hurry and had a lot to do that day. Dr. Graven simply stood outside chatting with her staff about Cherry Pie until I came out of the room and let them have it. Do not expect: 1. to be seen on time (Dr.Graven usually runs 45min to an hour and a half late to all appointments) 2. Dr. Graven to know your chart or what procedures have already been performed 3. To be called back when promised 4. Any sort of follow up (you have to call them each time and let them know you're upset) 5. To be seen or receive a call from Dr. Graven after you deliver. I had to call her asking for certain medication and even then I only received a call back a week after delivery. Zero care for the patient!! You have been warned. This office is terrible and I gave them plenty of chances to prove me wrong. I have been Dr. Gravens patient for over a year and have stuck with her through all the terrible experiences during my pregnancy. I have never seen this much lack of care, lack of training/knowledge, and lack of punctuality anywhere.

July 9th, 2012
Great Doctor but got tired of always seeing her Physician's Assistant
I was a patient of Dr. Graven's for about 6 years. The first couple of years were great. I needed surgery and she was very good. After that, though, whenever I went in for my annual exam, I always saw a physician's assistant. I didn't see the doctor for about 4 years. And I always had to wait about 45 minutes-1 hour for the physician's assistant!!The final appointment I waited 45 minutes in the waiting room, was taken to the exam room to wait for my physician's assistant. After an hour, I proceeded to get dressed, thinking that they had forgotten about me in the room. As soon as I did that, the physician's assistant came in and apologized, and conducted my exam. But I was done. That is a total disregard for my time.

August 30th, 2010
The best OBGYN in the field
I have known Dr. Graven for the past sixteen years. She delivered my two boys and there were a couple of occasions where I needed immediate medical attention, and Dr. Graven never failed to be there for me. I have referred her to many of my friends, colleagues as well as my mother in the past. Everyone seems very happy with her. Dr. Graven's professional knowledge and skills are very up-to-date. In fact, she is one of the top notch physicians in her field. One thing I don't easily find in other doctors was that Dr. Graven is also extremely kind, generous and has tremendous passion in medicine besides being ethical. She takes her time for each of her patients and answers every question. I gained so much understanding about my pregnancies and later surgical procedure through her. Since Dr. Graven is a very caring doctor, her appointments sometimes take longer than other physicians. Therefore, in her office the wait is also a bit longer. I don't mind...because I know that someone is experiencing medical emergency which requires her expert attention or others may have questions needed to be answer. After all, she is the best OBGYN. I cannot thank her enough...I am fortunate to be her patient.

May 12th, 2010
Best experience with a doctor so far :)
Dr. Graven is witty, smart, extremely professional. I always feel safe with her. I know I am in good hands and that means more than the occasional inconvenience of waiting. To the other folks that reviewed this doctor, I ask you this. Would you rather have a mediocre doctor on the surgical floor, delivery room, diagnostic lab/table,that possibly made you wait a few minutes less than Dr. Graven, or the best there is?? I choose the latter. Dr. Graven is worth the wait!

November 22nd, 2009
Bad experience when you REALLY need help
I signed up as a patient of Dr. Graven but I never had a chance to meet her in person. For the last 3-4 years, her nurse, Erica Brown saw me every time I went to see Dr. Graven. My experience went I got really sick was extremely negative. I was treated for the wrong condition and given antibiotics by the nurse. When I called the office nobody was available to talk to me, they where all busy or at lunch. A day later, Ericas assistants nurse called me and told me to keep on taking the medication and that it would take time to clear. Three days after, I had to phone the emergency line, their service was even worst (on Sunday). Nobody knew who was covering for Dr. Graven/Nurse Brown. After 3 hours another doctor called me and said she could not prescribe anything over the phone my pain until sees me. I am dropping this office and getting a new GYNE. that is there when I need her. This has been a terrible experience non acceptable to me. As of today I still dont know how Dr. Graven looks like. My advice to women is to see a doctor not a nurse.

May 5th, 2009
In my opinion, should be REMOVED AS A LICENSED DOCTOR!
Well, perhaps my title is harsh however, after just having the worst experience you could ever imagine with Dr. Graven I am going easy on her. I'm not really sure where to start, except she will make false promises to you, never keep her appointment time (however, always have varying excuses), might not show up to deliver your baby at the last minute and does not care about you _AT ALL_. I am taking the next steps to make sure that everyone in the area knows exactly what occured with my experience and I hope that others CAREFULLY think before making the decision of having her deliver your baby.

February 13th, 2009
I really like dr. Graven she is always on top of things and well worth the money im putting out for her to deliver my baby i highly recomend her to everyone she is one of a kind

November 30th, 2016