Dr. Nadine Trainer MD Patient Reviews

• 11 reviews

September 8th, 2015
She is wonderful. She listens, asks and answers all questions. Dr. Trainer show my son a lot of compassion and concern. Great doctor.

July 5th, 2014
needs work
I first went to Dr. Trainer because my daughter was 18 months old and not walking. When we first went to see her she spent a total of 5 minutes seeing my daughter and dignosed her with a sensory delay. She sent us to physical therapy. After 2 months of physical therapy, the physical therapist said that she needed ankle supports because her ankles curved in words. So we saw Dr trainer again. And she told her that she doesn't need them. That her ankles were fine. And she refuses to write the prescription for the supports. in the mean time we had another phycial theropist with 30 years experience look at my daughter and said the same thing the other one did ( that it wasnt sensory. We tried to express our concerns and dr. Trainer wasnt having any of it. At the same time the office staff failed to tell me that her insurance wasn't going to cover the physical therapy. And we were already 3 and a half months into it. So we owed them well over 2500.00. So I immediately stopped her visits. And talked to the office manager and she told me that insurance takes a while to process and there's nothing they could do. Yeah it takes at most 1 month to process. NOT 3 MONTHS and $2500.00 later.

June 24th, 2013
she was a blessing for my granddaughter thank god for her

April 5th, 2013
Overly eager to make followup appointments when phone calls would work.
My child who has CP gets angry primarily because of his inability to communicate his desires. If he's upset enough he bites himself, hits himself in the head or pulls his hair. Dr. Trainer started him on a low dose of Tennex with our permission. Then 2 weeks after she schedules a follow up to ask how he's doing and says if that's not fixing the anger issues lets try risperidone and tennex. Come back in 2 weeks and your son has to be there. My question is Why in the world does my child need to be at an appointment for me to tell the Dr that the medicine is or isn't working? It's not like she can tell whether his anger issues are resolved in a 15 min visit. The answer: Dr. Trainer doesn't get paid if she doesn't see my child but she won't change medications over the phone based on my observation. I'm not real big on playing guinea pig with psyc meds anyway. But I sure can't afford to go back every 2 weeks for who knows how long till she figures out what she thinks works best (based on my opinion). We'll keep going back because I don't know any Dr's in the area that know CP and its issues but I don't like the way she won't change meds or dosages via the phone. For now I'll just try harder to keep him happy and avoid the meds.

August 1st, 2012
Dr. Trainer has been my sanity ever since my son first started seeing her at about 2 months old. She has helped him so much, and me over the last 8 years. I honestly do not know what I would have done with out her, or even where my son would be developmentally. I owe her everything! Her goal is to do what's beat for the child, not the parent. I love her bluntness, and the fact that she does not sugar coat anything. She just tells you how it is and I admire her GREATLY for that!The rest of her staff is awesome too! They are all very understanding about my concerns and my questions.I LOVE DR. TRAINER...and her staff! I highly recommend her to everyone

April 17th, 2012
This doctor is very distracted and rushed thru appointments. She goes so fast it is very hard to understand her. Disagree with her on again off again therapies for child. Child would slip backwards during breaks.After one rescheduled and one missed appointment in a 14 month period she discharged child from her care without notice. Called for refill on seizure meds was told child had been dropped and refused to refill this life-saving medication. Obviously she has no concern at all for the child. Will now have to travel to a different city to get medical care.

October 26th, 2011
wait time for appt.
I am comfortable with a 30 minute wait. I have never said anything after waiting for an hour, but today our wait was more than 2 hours -- 2 hours and 3 minutes, and we arrived on time.

June 22nd, 2010
Dr. Trainer is a wonderful phsyatrist. She was so thorough and so helpful. She personally called a wonderful therapist in to help my child while we were there. She got it scheduled and taken care of. She knows her stuff and the office staff and nurses were great!

November 18th, 2008
WE love Dr. Trainer and the care she provided to our son Andrew who is recovering from a stroke. She and her staff gave 100% of themselves to him and that is why he has almost fully recovered all of his ability

September 10th, 2008
Thank You Dr. Trainer
For years I took my son to other Doctors knowing he had some issue, and they knew as well, but couldn't pinpoint the illness, and it went undiagnosed, and progressively worsened. Web research led me to Dr. Trainer and she evaluated and diagnosed him, then recommended appropriate therapies that have changed his life for the better, and helped us to understand how to prepare him to learn new skills and conquer his challenges. She has been an absolute blessing to our child and family.

April 22nd, 2008
mental retardation Disaster
She has ruined my 14 yr. old child's life in one session. Dr.Trainer discussed with him that he'd never be able to live on his own & that I needed to look for a group home, that his aspirations for employment were impossible,that he wasn't capable of learning academics and could only hope for repeated training. He left the appt. saying he was quiting school and very despondent. I'll NEVER forgive her. She treated him as though he was brain dead and not in the room.