Dr. Nael Tarakji MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

August 26th, 2016
He is an excellent Dr. I, my son, and a friend have all seen him and I would recommend him to everyone!

June 9th, 2016
Over an hour wait time
Over an hour waiting Front desk rude

January 8th, 2016
Awesome doctor
He is a very good doctor

December 7th, 2015
He really cars about his patients

December 16th, 2014
Nothing like milking patients out of their money....
I was referred to this guy by my primary physician. I can't really call him a doctor, as he is only a guy working for a corporation who has had far too much time to figure out how to get what he can from insurance companies and patients. My primary physician sent me here to be treated for adult ADHD, in which she was able to successfully control before Michigan laws changed and I am only able to be treated by a "specialist" However, this doctor is hardly a "specialist". First, my co pay is $35.00, in which he wants paid immediately... whatever, thats protocol. Second, I sit in PACKED waiting room for 45 minutes. Side note, I've taken time off work to be there. And while I am prepared for a wait, I am also prepared to finally get the treatment I need, and work with a doctor that can provide that. Hilarious... I am put into a room and asked to undress to my underwear... this is really weird to me... the doctor enters, and goes through some very simple tests. Reflexes. I have to undress for reflexes? For an eye exam? Next, there are questions about prescriptions I've taken in the past, writes the list, and all have given me side effects, which I inform this guy and tell him that they make my condition worse. I tell him of one prescription that has worked and that I wouldn't mind being able to be put back on just at a lower doseage. He closes with I need blood work and a BRAIN SCAN ($$$$$$$) and another follow up appointment... Great. Another $70.00 down the crapper. Upon check out I get a prescription and two appointments and an employee who is hesitant to give me the name of the prescription I'm prescribed. I'm quiet, I'm polite, please and thank you. I work with the public, everyone is entitled to a bad day.. It's just everyday for this one in particular. "I don't care what she has to say, just get it done at the same time with out an anesthetic even if she is claustrophobic. She thinks I'm mean, I don't care." This conversation, unfolding before my very eyes, where a womans fear of enclosed spaces is simply an inconvenience... Am I really at the mercy of this place? To my disbelief, he prescribes me a medication listed on the "makes me feel worse" list with side effects. Once I figure out which medication he has prescribed me, I immediately call his office and speak to his employee. I do this for the next SIX DAYS. At one point in time, this guy prescribes me the medication that works. But the terms of my health insurance is that he writes a letter stating this has been proven to help my patient with her symptoms. As of today the guy says "he wont do anything." No phone calls, no follow up, no letter, no explination. Good luck if you get this guy.

May 15th, 2014
Painful and weak hand
I went to see Dr. Tarakji for my weak hand and he was available and ordered one test which gave me the diagnosis, he told me that recovery will be in few months and that is exactly what happened, i am forever grateful for his knowledge and expertise.

March 25th, 2014
Unbelievable
I was in dis-belief when I read all these reviews; disbelief that Dr. Tarakji is still in practice. Every experience I've had with him and his office are very similar to the rest of the reviews. I have waited over and hour almost every time I've had an appointment. When they finally get me to a room I normally have to wait another 20 minutes!! Once Dr. Tarakji finally arrives he talks approximately 5 mins and then he's done. He does not listen; and there has been numerous occasions where he has walked out of the room while I was still speaking. He has a complete lack of people skills, and a total lack of compassion as well. Plus, his receptionists have thee worst customer service I have ever seen as well!! The secretaries/nurses at the desk have such terrible attitudes. Whenever I ask a question I get a very rude response. This office does not even deserve one star.

March 12th, 2014
Better treatment from a Vetrinarian
All I have to say if "STAY AWAY" - he is the worst - talks down to you - writes unneeded narcotic scripts..shoots everyone in the wrist with whatever that medicine is and yells at you to stop crying from the pain of the injections. I'M DONE!

February 16th, 2014
Horrible doctor. He is uncaring and very flat and rushed. He talks down to you and doesn't care what you say or how you feel or if the meds are working or not. Don't see this doctor if you want results.

July 30th, 2012
Worst Doctor I've Ever Seen!!
My family physician referred me to Dr.Tarakji because I was having back & legs issues. My initial visit he performed a series of test. After the tests he gives me a prescription without telling me the diagnosis. When I asked what was wrong with me, he answered with an attitude & then said get with your doctor I'll send him your test results. Mind you he's prescribing medicine to me in which I NEED to know what it's for!! I see him a month later for a follow up. I told him the medicine was too strong, it had me feeling lethargic the following morning. His response ok. He turns around and write me a prescription for the same med but thus time it's 100Mg STRONGER!! He went from 300 to 400!! Obviously he does NOT listen, when he's through he walks out without telling you goodbye, I'm done, nothing!! He's rude & not compassionate whatsoever! He had the audacity to raise his voice at me! Needless to say, I let him know how I felt about him & I haven't been back nor will I ever! I spoke with a coworker about him & she had similar issues with him & she is no longer a patient of his either!! If you want a Doctor who cares & listens then Dr. Tarakji is NOT the doctor to see!!!

April 25th, 2012
Didn't return calls and didn't show up for scheduled appointment
We had a medication issue that he asked us to call about. We called four times over a five day period. Each time, we were assured that he would call back and he didn't. When we got an appointment with him and explained what happened he simply shrugged. He then scheduled a follow up appointment with us. We showed up 15 minutes early and discovered that he left for five days. No apologies were offered for any of this. We talked to our GP and found another doctor to replace him.

March 2nd, 2012
WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!
I have had the absolute worst experience with this Dr. Our family will never recommend him to anyone. As a matter of fact, we will tell every single person we come across that he is a terrible Dr. He has NO bedside manner, made us wait 3 days to have a meeting with us about life changing decisions. He was disrespectful and rude.