Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner, General Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Nov 4th, 2014

Worst experience EVER!! PLEASE find yourself some other doctor! Receptionist & medical assistants are beyond uneducated (completely ignorant) and uncaring; absolutely unprofessional. Doctor Azer doesn't care for her patients and therefore her staffs don't care either. Dr. Azer makes you wait for over an hour for your appointment and spend less than 3min. with you. She doesn't help nor care. Please find anyone but this doctor for yourself!!

|  Unacceptable  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2013

The staff are rude and often incompetent. I have had incorrect prescriptions written several times (3 refills indicated for a Schedule II drug; it states on the pad that no refills are allowed). However, the worse thing about this practice is Nagwa Azer herself. She is extremely rude, unprofessional, and immature. She has lied to me, has made up requirements for needing a "new" psychiatric diagnosis to replace the old and then admitted that she didn't actually know what the policy is, and has even stated complete falsehoods and opinions as medical facts. I would never recommend.

|  Agressive receptionists and careless doctor  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2012

I have been putting up with this doctor for over a decade. She is about the only doctor near me that takes Medi-cal, so I put up with them. Never once in all my time there did she ever come within a foot off me. She always acted like I had some disease she was afraid she'd catch if she came to close. She had her receptionist take all vitals (well, blood pressure and weight). I had been complaining of terrible pain for 5 years. She gave me a few pain killers, but nothing else. Evetually I begged her to get me an MRI. She did, and I indeed did have a serious problem that she probably could have helped if she wasn't so incompetent. Now I just have to live with terrible pin for the rest of my life. And to top it off, one of her receptionists accused me of somehow scheduling an appointment to get double prescriptions. Even she was baffled as to how this happened. Well, it didn't. The wrote a fake doctor visit report so they could charge my insurance extra, and they accidentally showed me their fake visit report. But instead of admitting their crime, (I have informed the Medi-Cal fraud department to look into this because it is indeed a crime) they said that I somehow managed to do this without them remembering. Besides this, the doctor would make me come in to get my prescriptions filled. Now, I have no problem with this, but I do have a problem if I wait for an hour or two and then the receptionist comes in and says "just have the pharmacy call us". Basically, she does this so she can charge my insurance but not actually see me. She is corrupt. Her staff is corrupt. I have dealt with it for years because I had no other choice, but after being accused of things that didn't actually happen? I'm done. And I'm telling everybody.

|  Don't come here for good care!  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

Dr. Azer has been my mom's doctor for many years now. She wasn't chosen because my mom is in one of those Medicare HMO plans so the choices aren't that great. The wait time is horrible, the staff is incompetent AND unfriendly. They have no caring attitude for the patients. I've even had to ask them to check my mom's vitals sometimes! And if you need the doctor to fill our forms, it takes a long time to get it done. They never schedule any follow-up appointments or call when they're supposed to. We're in the process of finally changing providers! We wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone! Shame on the insurance company for even having this provider in their network!

|  I would never see this Doctor again!  |  show details
May 31st, 2012

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Nagwa Azer! The wait time was at least 25 minutes, but that's not even the problem. She took a cell phone call during my appointment, she barely spent 5 minutes with me and I felt very rushed. She was not very professional and she seemed very distracted. The people in her office were not very friendly either. I would not recommend her to anyone!

Feb 9th, 2011

I came here because I have some forms to be filled out by a doctor. Just a general health check up. When I arrived, I saw that another person has the same appointment time as I do. I don't know if it was an honest mistake or she purposely did that. The person who had the appointment slot before me was still waiting, which isn't a good sign at all. I didn't mind the long wait too much, since I know my case has low priority and other people in there are actually sick. But I don't appreciate it when the wait is for nothing. When the assistant finally called me into the room she checked my vital signs, and left me to wait for another 15-20mins for Dr Azer, who she said "will be right with you". She finally came in, took one look at the health form she was supposed to fill and asked where she's supposed to sign and stamp. She didn't even read the questions. She checked my heartbeat, my ear and that;s about it. There were questions that only examinations can answer, but she dismissed my concern saying she can just write down 'No' on every question later- she's busy now. When I pushed her further she finally saw that a urine test needed to be done. So she wrote me a referral card and a slip of paper with addresses of the lab I'm supposed to go to. I wanted to ask about the form but she suddenly left. I was left in the hallway. Nobody told me if I was done or anything. Look, I get that the place is busy and it's understaffed, but don't do a half-assed job and don't overbook yourself if you can't handle it. I immediately changed my doctor once I got home.

Mar 3rd, 2010

she is the best doctor and the staff are very friendly