Dr. Hedy Assaad Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Hedy Assaad?

Childhood Asthma

Childhood Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Hedy Assaad?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 31st, 2015

My 11 yr old daughter was complaining of both ears hurting and chest pain. Dr.Assaad said it's probably just a cough and no ear infection was seen. Although she noticed that my daughters spine looked a little curved. So we had a chest xray. (Mind you I've complained about my daughters back hip and knees for years which all I got was "she has growing pain, you worry too much mom"). Well after 4 days of waiting for results it turns out that my daughter has spinal scoliosis (which will require surgery) and some fluid in her lungs. (That explains the cough, chest pain and now wheezing.) She gave her antibiotics.. still another 4 days later I took my daughter to urgent care since her wheezing hasn't stopped. The urgent care doctor said that my daughter had a bad ear infection (that dr.assaad missed) and had to give my daughter an inhaler and steroids for her breathing. She was surprised that Dr. Assaad didn't give me a prescription for that before. I'm pretty upset at this point . Bottom line is, Dr.Assaad made me feel like an idiot for being concerned for my kids health. Everything is always "no big deal" "you worry too much"... I will be changing doctors. I need a doctor that worries about my kids as much as I do...

July 7th, 2013

"Nothing to worry about"...

When my daughter was four months old, her sitter noticed some pink tinged urine one night. I wasn't too worried until we started checking her temperature which was rising by .5 degrees every half an hour. So I called in and Dr. Assaad was on-call. Even with a temperature of 100.2 within an hour, crying every time she urinated and increased color and discharge in her urine, she said it's noting to worry about and if I wanted to come into urgent care in the morning to "calm my nerves" I could. Then she told me "don't be late or your child will not be seen." Needless to say I took my child, who by then was unmistakably urinating blood, in and she had a severe bladder infection. Not the best experience.

May 31st, 2016