Dr. Nahla Merhi, FACOG
Gynecology/Urogynecology

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Apr 6th, 2016

I had my first visit with Dr Merhi today. I have to say, EVERYTHING about my visit with her was above excellent. She is very down to earth, very caring, took her time explaining everything as well as answered all my question (and I had a lot of them). I would recommend her to anyone looking for an easy to talk to, friendly, thorough, and kind Doctor. Also, her office staff was just as kind and friendly.

Mar 30th, 2016

I will never recommend Dr Merhi again. Do not let her talk you into getting the birth control called Essurr. Not sure if she even does it anymore. Nothing but problems ever since. Several facebook groups on Essure. Thousands of women are having soooo many side affects. Me included. I tried talking to Dr Merhi about it and she just gave me a loo, said all my problems we due to age( Im 32) and rushed me out. I trusted her. She lied about everything.

Highly recommended! show details Highly recommended!
by Momani on Mar 21st, 2016

Absolutely professional and will take her time.

Nov 17th, 2015

She is the very best.

May 11th, 2015

I waited over an hour for my appointment. The doctor was quick to recommend surgery as treatment for my problem. I felt very rushed and pressured to make this decision.

Mar 17th, 2015

Absolutely loved her

Dr. Merhi is Awesome! show details Dr. Merhi is Awesome!
by Lisa B on Feb 25th, 2015

I absolutely LOVE Dr. Merhi! Been seeing her since 2009 and she is fabulous. Takes her time visiting with you and thoroughly explains everything. Wonderful personality!

Dec 18th, 2014

Dr. Mehri is awesome. Perhaps that is why she is so busy. Once she gets to you, the wait is worth it. She is thorough, her manner is impeccable, she is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable.

Love Dr Merhi show details Love Dr Merhi
by D. Hatten on Sep 10th, 2013

The Doctor is wonderful, she makes you feel as though you are her ONLY patient. She is never hurried and is very thorough in her exam and explainations. The only drawback is her reception staff. They are very slow to acknowledge you as you stand right in front of them. I had left my check book in the car but was made to walk quite a distance back to my car to get it because I was told I would not be seen until I had made my co-payment. (Most offices would just send you a bill.) I understand that this is a very busy office but now I am getting a bill although I paid my co-payment. She needs a better receptionist.

Feb 2nd, 2013

I had heard that this dr was good. However, I was very surprised. I have an extremely complicated medical background, she didn't even look at what I had written down before she came in to see me. She was very rushed and my appointment was suppose to be longer due to my history. She went over some options, which were unheard of. She was very quick to offer a hysterectomy at the drop of a hat. Which is bizarre considering I'm only in my early thirties. When I had some questions to her options, she said she had patients waiting, mind you we talked for maybe 20 minutes. Her exam was one of the roughest I've experienced and I've had many. Overall unimpressed and will let my doctors know.

Dr. who really cares ! show details Dr. who really cares !
Oct 31st, 2012

Truely, one of the few doctors I've come across, who cares about her patients ! Excellent care all around !

First appointment show details First appointment
Oct 30th, 2012

Had to report 30 minutes early as new patient but had to wait for an hour to get the packet to fill out. Waited another hour to get into office. I believe that another patient who came in a long time after me was taken before me.

Dawn Ries show details Dawn Ries
Aug 22nd, 2012

Dr. Merhi is very kind and caring. She is a wonderful doctor.

wonderful care given show details wonderful care given
Jul 22nd, 2012

I had prolapse surgery and would recommend anyone with this problem to GO GET IT REPAIRED. No need to live like that. Its wonderful to be back to normal life after 2 years. It is great to have your surgery done by Dr Merhi!!

Best Doctor show details Best Doctor
Jul 13th, 2012

Dr.Mercy,oops Dr.Merhi,a natural Healer!Dr Merhi helps intervene in making her patient's life full of life.May God bless her with longer energetic fruitful life.

If you want birth control options, don't go here! show details If you want birth control options, don't go here!
Jun 6th, 2012

I was very very dissipointed in this doctor. I had to wait over and hour to see her and then when I told her what form of birth control I wanted to use, she was not willing to work with me at all. My meeting with her was less than 15 minutes long and felt very rushed. She made me feel stupid for being a virgon, and told me that sex is painful and not enjoyable. She told me that the pill is the only way to go because it is "convenient" and makes your boobs bigger. I personally like to have my option respected and to be compromised rather than be told that the form of birth control I wanted to use was impractical. When I told her I wanted to explore my options, she told me that she was out of time to meet with me because she had several other people waiting to see her. She was very rude and I would never recommend her to anyone.

Very Great Bedside Manner show details Very Great Bedside Manner
May 17th, 2012

Dr. Merhi is very compassionate. She took her time with me to address any of my concerns. I would recommend her to a freind.

Apr 24th, 2012

Dr. Merhi is excellent! She is caring, thorough - spends a great deal of time with you. Wonderful physician!

exellent show details exellent
Apr 14th, 2012

i do like her so much, she is the best doctor ever have

From the WCCHC days show details From the WCCHC days
Oct 19th, 2011

I've been a patient of Nahla's since she was with the Will County Community Health Center in Joliet. She was excellent then (caring, patient, knowledgeable,etc)in a setting that cared for low income folks to now in her private practice. I think she is the best thing since pockets.

TRACY KOWALCZYK show details TRACY KOWALCZYK
May 8th, 2011

She is the best Gyney I have ever went to. She is caring and knowledgeable. She takes the time to explain everything. I had a d/c ablation and I can tell you I have not had any problems since and it has been 3 years. We need more docs like her.

THE BEST! show details THE BEST!
by Eraina on Apr 20th, 2011

Dr. Merhi is great! Her bedside manner makes you so comfortable in what could be an uncomfortable visit. I have referred people to her that say... "Dr. Merhi fixed my problem and I just want to kiss her!" It makes me happy to know that I sent my friends to a great Dr. after knowing how many things they have been through trying to get their problems solved.

zaico painting show details zaico painting
by zaiko@seznam.cz on May 17th, 2010

what is wery interesting about her is if she is in any stress or extreme stress situation she still can calmly solve that problem....

I am so happy that i was referred to Dr. Merhi show details I am so happy that i was referred to Dr. Merhi
Mar 2nd, 2010

This office is FABULOUS!! The staff and Doctor are caring and prompt. So grateful that I was referred to this office.

best gynocologist I have ever found show details best gynocologist I have ever found
Aug 23rd, 2009

She was just a very empathic, caring doctor. She really made me feel safe. I had to have one surgery with her, and now I'm a military spouse 2000 miles away and I'm thinking about flying all the way back home just to keep her as my doctor. Its hard to find good doctors to trust.

Jul 19th, 2009

Dr. Impressed me quite honestly. She took some time to do some teaching and she asked alot of questions on my symptoms she therefore came across as very caring. As young as she looks she appeared very knowledgable also. She cracked a joke or two so a sense of humor always a plus.