Dr. Najjia Mahmoud MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

January 25th, 2016
Was fantastic until I had a recurrence of colon cancer after her initial removal of cancerous polyp, within 7 months, oops, missed something! After chemo and radiation , 2nd surgery, produces an abscess / leak at site of resectioning. Back into hospital but not at Penn! 12 additional days in Lehigh valley hospital to treat this infection. This This does not happen at LVH , this is the last thing that is checked before being closed up!!my oncologist was furious, at LVH. After releasing my records, never heard even received a call of concern from her. Would wait in her office over 2 hours just to have her ask how I was feeling, not even checking me. I would never recommend her or her hospital. Very cold personnel and service.

January 26th, 2015
The very best .....

January 15th, 2014
colon rectal surgeon
I waited over an hour for her. I was not bothered by this, i was looking forward to meeting her. There were two people in training that asked me questions. They were very nice. When the doctor came in she shook my hand and i felt good at that point. She gave me a quick check up and said she didnt see anything serious. I told her i've been dealing with fissures since 2012. I had alot of questions written down. I wanted to ask about surgical options. After my second question she stood up and said she had to go. It really caught me off guard. I didnt say anything and she just walked out. I went to her for a second opinion. My questions were not answered. I waited over an hour for 15 minutes of her time. I am hoping i do not need surgery, but if i do i will not be using Najjia Mahmoud. Its unfortunate she very well may be a great surgeon, and i will never know because i would not visit her again..

November 11th, 2012
Best doctor ever
Absolutely wonderful. I recommend her to everyone. You won't find a better doctor.

December 23rd, 2011
Excellent Doctor
I sought out Dr.Mahmoud as a second opinion and am so glad I did. She is one of the nicest, caring doctors I've ever seen. I was extremely nervous going into my first visit, because I knew surgery was in my future. Dr. Mahmoud eased all of my anxieties and made me feel 100% better. She is respectful, sincere, and caring, and the nurses that work with her are wonderful as well. I did have the surgery, and it went better than I ever expected. The care I receieved from Dr. Mahmoud and the nursing staff at Penn was phenomenol. I would refer Dr. Mahmoud to anyone.

October 12th, 2010
The Best
Dr Mahmoud provided me and my family with the finest medical treatment I have ever received in my life. Her medical skills were of course suberb but what was most impressive was the way she took the time to calmly explain what was going to take place to my wife. I'm convinced that the confidence she instilled in both of us will go a long way to my recovery. I would be remiss if I did not comment on the rest of her team they are equally terrific.

January 13th, 2010
Fantistic Doctor
Dr.Mahmoud is one of the best doctors I have ever come in contact with. I had to have emergency surgery and I am so glad I had her as my doctor. She is very articulate,knowledgable and has a wonderful bedside manner. She is a doctor that talks to you like a real person not just a patient. She was also fantastic with my family (Keeping them informed). I just can't say enough good things about her.I would highly recommend her to everyone. Wish there were more doc's like her

July 27th, 2009
Love this doctor
I had to have colorectal surgery preformed by Dr. Mahmoud. When I first went to her I was scared. She made me feel at ease. She talked to me and helped me to laugh and relax. I have no pain at all regarding the surgery. I can not sing her praises enough. I strongly recommend anyone who needs colon surgery to seek her out. The her staff was very helpful and I credited her for saving my life. THANK YOU DR. MAHMOUD.