A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nalaka Gooneratne:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gooneratne
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Gooneratne Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nalaka Gooneratne, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Gooneratne graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago.
Dr. Gooneratne has 8 hospital affiliations:
- University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Nalaka S Gooneratne MD is a male Internist, has 18 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Geriatric Medicine, and Sleep Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Nalaka S. Gooneratne practice?
- Dr. Nalaka Gooneratne has 8 office locations.
Dr. Nalaka Gooneratne practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Geriatric Medicine, and Sleep Medicine near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Doylestown, PA and Radnor, PA.
See Philadelphia Internists, Philadelphia Pulmonologists, Philadelphia Geriatric Doctors, and Philadelphia Sleep Medicine Doctors.