A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nalaka Gooneratne:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gooneratne
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Gooneratne Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nalaka Gooneratne, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Gooneratne graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago.
Dr. Gooneratne has 8 hospital affiliations:
- University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
- Pennsylvania Hospital University PA Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Nalaka S Gooneratne MD is a male Internist, has 19 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Geriatric Medicine, and Sleep Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Nalaka S. Gooneratne practice?
- Dr. Nalaka Gooneratne has 8 office locations.
Dr. Nalaka Gooneratne practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Geriatric Medicine, and Sleep Medicine near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Doylestown, PA and Radnor, PA.
See Philadelphia Internists, Philadelphia Pulmonologists, Philadelphia Geriatric Doctors, and Philadelphia Sleep Medicine Doctors.