Dr. Nan Mcclelland MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Jacksonville, FL

2.3

July 17th, 2012
Needs to learn more care & concern in her trait
Unfortunately, she is surrounded by two great professionals (Dr. Thornton & Stanley) who thrive in an environment where their expertise is shown through their day to day care of patients along with their parents. She seems rushed while waiting on you and also not interested in advising you of how to correct the issue you originally came to see her for. As you advise her of why you're there to begin with, she is consistently shaking her head "no" and you feel as if you can't share your thoughts. If you are like me, my child is the center of my world and the person who I choose to take care of her should take an interest in her overall well being. She is perceived as anxious and unconcerned. I really feel as if she needs to be coached on bedside manner and her overall demeanor as a doctor. She represents a practice that is not solely her own and she should think about the clients that have left due to her overall unprofessional attitude towards parents and their children. I truly hope that this letter is read and understood as I write it for others, not just myself. I wish Dr. Thornton and Stanley much success as they deserve it! When you visit them, it's like talking to family.

July 17th, 2012
Needs assistance with care towards "NEW" parents and babies
This doctor needs more help with her attitude towards new parents, their questions and overall care for their child. She's very nonchalant and seems to not care to diagnose the problem, but rather state there isn't one. I will not return to see the other great doctors in this practice because of her. However, the office staff (i.e. Kim & Christy) are great and I appreciate all they've done for my family and I.

August 2nd, 2011
Is not familiar enough with Tongue Tie to recognize when it needs to be fixed. Ignores parent's wishes until the FATHER of the child says HE wants a second opinion. It is my firm belief that she intentionally waited until my daughter HAD to have a more invasive proceedure before referring us to a specialist who is actually trained in the diagnosis of tongue tie. The specialist, when seen, immediately recognized it as being a severe tongue tie and stated that he WISHED WE HAD COME IN SOONER. We had been trying to get a referral to an ENT since our daughter was 1 week old. She is now SIX MONTHS and will be having the proceedure in a week. She has also suggested dipping our child's pacifier in corn syrup, which is known to cause infantile boutulism, and putting chocolate syrup in a bottle of formula so that she'd take it - even after we stated that we're adament about keeping up breastfeeding.

July 29th, 2011
With other practitioners available in the practice, I would use the other doctors. This doctor seems rushed, unhappy and not concerned. She can make an anxious parent feel bad about themselves. Doesnt seem to like children. Not sure why she is in pediatric medicine.