Dr. Nan Monahan MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Atlanta, GA

2.8

June 30th, 2016
Dr. Monahan spends as much time with you as needed

June 25th, 2016
Her practice is wonderful and their online portal is amazing.

February 3rd, 2016
Saved my life
Dr. Monahan saved my life. I was told that I had a borderline health problem. Turns out that it was critical. I had at least 3 doctors tell me that. I was very sick. I just want to say that she is the best doctor I have ever been to. Her staff is great minus one.

April 14th, 2015
My FAV PCP
Everything in the office is clean, organized and "peaceful". The waiting room even has a wall water display, bright lights - unlike dim offices who try to hide the dust bunnies, and no sterile cheap office furniture! Dr Monahan always listens before speaking or asking questions and has excellent recall. She keeps current in her field, utilizes electronic records, appointments can be done throught My Chart with Piedmont, stresses preventive medicine and doesn't lecture. Diane is the RN who always greets you and performs the routine checks.

February 5th, 2015
This office is awful. First, they don't answer the phone ! Recently, I needed an "order" for a procedure I am waiting at the hospital for the procedure, when the hospital asks fro the order. I call the office and no answer. I walk over there and they insist in need to see the doctor ( a week later !). I ended up calling my OB/GYN who faxed the order to the hospital and it was done that day. This follows some oversight on Dr. Monahan's part on other issues. If I was in real need a doctor -- I could not depend on this office. I am now looking for a new doctor.

June 25th, 2012
Extremely poor follow up with me
If you are presecribes any medication from Dr Monahan good luck at getting refills called in. Have waited well over a week for routine meds to be called in to my pharmacy. No excuse for that. I also do not get return phone calls from office. Extremely poor patient care. Will be changing doctors as soon as possibe. Being without your routine meds and no phone call explaining why is unacceptable. I have been so sick being off and cannot get the office to return my phone call. Stay away form this office.

May 21st, 2012
Need Better Office Management
If you want an appointment, call 7 times in a row and someone might pick up the phone. Leaving an email message is ok, but leaving phone messages is useless. Dr. Monahan is really nice, but good luck setting up an appointment (especially if you are sick and need more immediate care) and especially don't ask for a referral. I asked for a referral almost a week ago, and only today after hounding the office did I get a response. Unfortunately, the doctor that they recommended for my bleeding/terrible sinus infection is not available for several weeks. Even when I was promised another referral to a doctor I requested by the end of the day (whose office did answer the phone each time I called..)- I have nothing. Buckhead Internal Medicine has the WORST OFFICE MANAGEMENT EVER! Either take on fewer patients or hire more people to help in the office!!

December 5th, 2011
a "real" doctor
I know medicine has been tough for doctors--and i have seen several local docs, who seem to be so dead frustrated, that they either burnout and leave, or turn into robots who dont really listen and just push patients. Dr. Nan is the best physician I know--we have a great repoire and she gives me great advice!

November 3rd, 2011
Horrible Prescription Refill Process & Unprofessional P.A. - No Concept of Customer Service & Care
I have used Doctor Monahan for three years, after my Primary Doctor Retired. The initial care was adequate. The entire experience seems to be one of indifference and distant toward me. This cameto full fruition upon a recent experience where I attempted to have my Blood Pressure medication refilled. It's almost impossible to confirm whether your prescriptions are filled or not. Her Office is very unresponsive and becomes very irritated if you call or follow up to get a status. This is assuming you have any luck reaching anyone to take your call. After trying desperately for over a week to get my medication filled. I finally got a call from her P.A, Julie Tocci. I thought she was calling to apologize for the confusion, but instead, she read me the riot act and informed me, "She did not have time to bother with me and call prescriptions in all over Town", she went on to further inform me, nor did Dr. Monahan have time for this, They are extremely Busy and just don't have time". She cut me off time after time, was abrupt, rude, and slam the phone up in my face. I have never been treated so badly or abused like that before. I woulnd't do that to a dog, let alone another human being. I sent a certified letter to Doctor Monahan, explaining what had occurred, and assumed I would get a call from her. I never heard a single word, no reply at all. It's been over a month, so it's very clear to me, the P.A. (Ms. Tocci) was right, She nor Doctor Monahan had time, nor did they care about my concerns. I would never recommmend this office or the people involved to anyone.

October 31st, 2011
Nice Doctor, very long wait times
Very nice Doctor and once you finally get to see her she spends time with you, however the wait time for her after you are in the exam room can be over an hour and you don't want to talk then only leave. I have been there as long as two hors. Very stressful.

August 1st, 2011
wait worth the care
She has been my Doc.since she took over this practice. I learned along time ago to be open and frank with my doctors. As well with the staff. If I don't like the way I'm treated I will say so. They will usually change. If not, Dr Nan will make it right. The wait time is something that you have to expect. Or don't expect acquit treatment. They call medical practice for a reason for a reason. You have to be a part of the diagnosis for it to be right.

July 25th, 2011
Terrible office staff!
Dr. Monahan may be an adequate doctor but her office staff is terrible. I have left 3 messages begging for someone to return my calls and after 7 days still with no response. Why should I have to beg my doctor to provide information and care? Maybe my new doctor with treat me with the respect and dignity I deserve.