Dr. Nanci Levine MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Larchmont, NY

2.6

March 29th, 2017
When she first walked in she did not introduce herself. I said hello and introduced myself and she just looked at me making me feel awkward, but i thought no big deal whatever.Then,for 15 minutes she went on to complain about how she hates how everything is electronic in the medical field nowadays. I did not see how this had to do with me but again I gave her the benefit of the doubt thinking she's just making small talk.To clear things up this was my first time visiting her. She started to take my medical history however she started listing things so fast I could barely understand her nor did she give me a chance to answer. What really started to get me mad was when she asked me if I had ever had a certain vaccine before but it was said in all medical terms which i didn't understand so I proceeded to ask what that vaccine is for. (Vaccine=Human papillomavirus vaccine) She responded by repeating the name of the vaccine which again i didn't understand. I just stared at her because I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND. When i didn't respond she repeated it again for the third time. I said I'm sorry i don't know what that vaccine is for. Then she lets out a big sigh and says to me "Well if you don't know what it is then you probably haven't gotten it" (which yes makes sense) HOWEVER the way she said it to me was so rude and degrading. Thinking about the vaccines I HAVE gotten I remembered that when i was younger i did get a set of vaccines to prevent certain types of cancers so on a whim i told her about them, which she reacted by looking at me rolling her eyes and saying "Well that is what Human papillomavirus vaccine is" KAY?! I am not a doctor and even when i asked her to explain it to me she did not. Next she proceeded to ask me if i was on any medication, I told her that i was on birth control due to PCOS (affects my hormones), she proceeded to turn her head and ask me if i was sure i had PCOS. Now for those of you who do not know in order for this to be determined you must see an endocronologist, which i have FOR TWO YEARS. I responded saying yes I'm sure. Which then she asks who is my endocrinologist which i had to explain that mine was actually moving out of state so i would be seeing a different one in two weeks. She just stared at me and asked well what helped you guys determine you had PCOS, (again A LOT of tests have to be run for this). I explained that i have had acne since i was 10 and when nothing was working to cure it my dermatologist referred me to an endocronologist to assure my hormone levels are okay, which we found they are not (aka PCOS was found to be the culprit). Now i might add that my acne has not disappeared but it has gotten ALOT better compared to 2 years ago. So then she says "Well your acne is still ongoing so maybe you might not have PCOS. TO ADD TO ALL THIS MY ACTUAL REASON FOR BEING THERE IS SO THAT SHE CAN CHECK MY LADY PARTS NOT RE-DIAGNOSE ME ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MATTER. I just stared at her and then she asked me if i had to use the bathroom (Since i knew i was going to this appointment i literally used the bathroom before going into the exam room) When i told her that she looked at me and says "Mmmmm well maybe you should reuse it just in case." Again i was shocked but whatever anything to get me away from this women before i reacted in a really bad way." Went to the bathroom," and came back to the exam room and she left me waiting for 20 minutes, TWENTY. when she came back in she did the examination. While doing so she decided it was a good time to give me a detailed explanation about what PCOS is and related info. She talked to me like i was stupid and i did not even look at her or respond. Again ive known about my PCOS for TWO YEARS and i know EVERYTHING about it. Not only has it been explained to me by my endocrinologist SEVERAL TIMES but i have also done my own research. Once her little rant was over and the exam. She told me everything looked okay and i was all set (THANK GOD). But of course she was not done being obnoxious, she then proceeded to say "Im going to print out your exam info as well as (get ready for this) A LIST OF NUTRITIONISTS AND EXERCISE FACILITIES FOR YOU." Now yes, i am a little overweight and i do need to lose weight, but was this the way to approach me about it? This is how you treat a patient? In my head i thought it must be a joke. I said "Excuse me?" and she turned around SURPRISED and goes "well you are overweight so I'm trying to be helpful." So now she tries to turn it around on me. I go "Yes, i am very aware and I do not need your help at all." She looked shocked like i just cursed at her or insulted her. I closed the door, changed and left. I HAVE NEVER been treated in such a way by any medical professional EVER IN MY LIFE. I DO NOT RECOMMEND HER TO ANYONE. I will not be going back. By the way she printed out the recap of the appointment and included packets about changing my eating habits,ways to lose weight,what PCOS is, and obesity.

September 14th, 2016
Terrible Experience
Now I know how I got a next day appointment with her, she is not booked because no one likes her. She is rude, unsympathetic, and makes you feel like you don't know what you are talking about. She dismissed the issues I was trying to explain to her. The whole time I was talking to her she was typing on computer and complaining about how bad the computer system was. She was so fixated on finding out when my last pap was she could barely focus on me and even got up to leave room while I was explaining my symptoms. Also I need to see another doctor because she did not resolve my issue. Someone called her a crackpot and I have to agree, she's a whacko.

May 23rd, 2016
Nanci Levine ...never again!

November 13th, 2015
Very Rude and Impatient!
My appointment was for 3 pm, was in the waiting room for 10 mins. Then was called by the nurse. I felt rushed to change, get weighed and to get my blood pressure taken. Then I waited on the doctor in my gown for 30 mins. She said they had new computers so everything is screwy (not my problem). The worse ob/gyn. She asked a lot of questions, was very sarcastic and rude. Told me I needed a pregnancy test which I ended up not needing. Then told me at my age that I only needed to see a gynecologist every 5 years??? First time I've ever heard of this. And she has a way of turning things around to make you feel stupid. I had to get blood taken and get an appointment for a sonogram. She said really fast something about waiting for the nurse and seeing her. She said it so fast I was confused. She gets angry when you ask her questions because in her mind she has responded to the question, but it's your first time asking it. She ended up not doing the pap smear because she claimed I didn't need it.

September 2nd, 2015
Wouldn't recommend. Am switching after disappointing first visit.
Wouldn't recommend. Didn't listen well to concerns, spoke in a shouting manner, and had very poor communication as to what needed to happen and what tests I needed to pursue.

July 21st, 2015
Highly recommend
Dr. Levine is an amazing doctor. She has been nothing but polite, compassionate, and knowledgeable. She takes her time to answer and questions and has called me herself after emergencies to check on me. The nurses are great. Front desk staff is terrible.

March 18th, 2014
Love her
She's a great doctor. I met her when I became pregnant with my first baby, and remained with her through out my whole pregnancy. She was supportive, understanding and her passion for the miracle of birth really shows. She is one of the few Doctors that I've ever come across to actually spend enough time with you, I never felt rushed. However, the office wait time (combined for waiting room and exam room) is on average 30min.

June 18th, 2013
Competent, professional and very nice, Dr. Levine is one of a few doctors I really like and trust. I recommended her to many of my friends. I'm really shocked by all these negative reviews on this site.

May 15th, 2013
Love her... She may drink a lot of coffee and seem like she's running around, but she's always been very helpful and thorough.

April 22nd, 2013
horrible experience
i went to her because my other doctor wasn't available and i needed an urgent appointment. she first asked me how far long i was, but i'm not even pregnant. then she asked what color my discharge was but i never said i was having discahrge. then she blurts out that i might have herpes, walks out then comes back and says that shes not saying i do but always thinks worse senario. i am left with my mouth open beause of how unprofessional she is. and its been a week and still no test results, i'm left wondering if i have something wrong with me and stressed.

November 12th, 2012
SO GLAD TO SEE I AM NOT ALONE
WORST DR THATS WHY WAIT TIME FOR HER APPTS IS SO SHORT PEOPLE GET TO KNOW THIS CRACKPOT AND MOVE ALONG TO ANOTHER DR. ZERO COMPASSION CARING AND THE BIGGEST SNOB ON TWO FEET

July 11th, 2012
Dr. Levine doesn't spend enough time with her patients. I feel extremely rushed and she speaks so fast I could hardly understand. She makes me feel very uncomfortable and I hate to ask her any questions because she makes me feel like I am asking a stupid question. I won't be going to her anymore. The practice is very nice and clean so I will continue to go to the larchmont womens center but choose a different obgyn.