Dr. Nanci Pittman MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

July 19th, 2016
Outstanding Bedside Manner, Compassion and Expertise!
My son was 9 when we went to Dr. Pittman and he was subsequently diagnosed with Crohn's disease. To say we were devastated was an understatement. However, without Dr. Pittman's supurb bedside manner, honesty, compassion and expertise, this diagnosis and new reality could have been near impossible without her. She spent hours on the phone and via email explaining and going over courses of treatment. She speak to our son and is genuinely interested in knowing about his life, school, activities, friends, and how he's feeling and how he can still do anything he wants with Crohns! She has been a remarkable advocate and taken on the insurance companies educating them on treatment, and has fought and won trying a newer drug for him. She's been available for consultations with other doctors if/when other meds may be an issue for him. She cooperates with other physicians and his pediatrician and from day one has always offered for us to get a second opinion. I would whole heartedly recommend her!

April 22nd, 2016
A wonderful, caring and supportive doctor!
She is an outstanding practioner who specializes in Crohns. When our son was diagnosed, it was heartbreaking and she was a rock of support for us. Gave options with perspective, and spoke to our son (10) all the time and at his level. I would highly recommend her to anyone with GI, but especially for Crohns and Colitis - as Mt. Sinai an her office are second to none in this specialty.

February 3rd, 2016
Irresponsible doctor
Do not go to Dr. Pittman. She took blood work for my daughter and the result was she was celiac positive. It is unbelievable to me that that she did not call us to let us know that this was the situation. My daughter was in terrible pain and suffering and she knew the diagnosis yet never shared it with us. It was only because we went back to that office and saw a different doctor who shared that information with us that I knew the situation. Extremely unprofessional to say the least!

September 4th, 2015
Very unfriendly and talking down to us

November 20th, 2014
Amazing Doctor
I took my 4 year old daughter to see Dr. Pittman yesterday. Dr. Pittman was amazing. She was gentile and kind. She explained things to me and let me ask as many questions as I needed. I never felt rushed. Dr. Pittman also explained things directly to my daughter and made her feel very comfortable. My daughter even compared Dr. Pittman to Elisa from Frozen, which is high praise from a 4 year old girl!

October 28th, 2013
Mom
Our son has been a patient of DR. Pittmans for the past 18 months. She diagnosed him with Crohn's disease. Out entire experience has been very positive. Not only does she take as much time as needed during our visits, but she has always gotten back to us extremely quickly whenever we have called or emailed her. Her concern and dedication to our son is extraordinary.

April 23rd, 2013
Stay away
This was the worst experience we have had with any doctor. She was mean and condescending. She and her staff cared more that we were 5 minutes late than the well being of our child and they seemed to let us know repeatedly. She was overly aggressive, combative, impatient and generally unpleasant. She talked to my wife and I like we were children at best, idiots at worst. Im not sure why she is a pediatrician because she doesn't seem to have much sympathy for children or their parents. We were saddened when we left her office. We will not return to see her or anyone in this office and would advise you do the same.

February 2nd, 2013
Worst doctor
The worst gi doctor in mount Sinai. Most of the good reviews are old or it's her writing them. She is rude, uncaring, and goes straight for the worst medications or surgery. Not recommended. Stay away

January 30th, 2013
very knowledgeable, caring and kind

June 28th, 2012
Horrible & rude.

February 15th, 2012
Office Staff is completely unprofessional
I did not have the opportunity to meet Dr. Pittman. All I can say is her office staff is the worst I have ever dealt with. I made an appointment for my daughter with a man who was very rude. I tried to ignore his condesending behavior and booked the appointment. I had to cancel the appointment because I had another one of my children home sick from school. I called first thing in the morning and spoke to the same unprofessional man. He at that point informed me there was a fee for canceling the appointment. I informed him that I was never given that information. He siad "I booked your appointment and I know I told you". Honestly he never mentioned it, I would have respected their policy if I was informed. I mentioned this to him and he actually LAUGHED at me on the phone....so completely unprofessional... I never write reviews but I felt so compeled to let people know that dealing with this office is a complete nightmare. I think Dr. Pittman needs to fire this particular employee. Perhaps she condones his behavior and therefore I would stay away from her as well. There are so many wonderful Dr. and staff. Please try somewhere else. Take it from me. Good Luck!

January 18th, 2012
Condescending attitude combined with abruptness and defensiveness by the MD equals a bad parent experience. We switched to a different practice, much happier. Office was impossible to reach, put on hold for long waits.