Dr. Nancy Akbari MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 21st, 2017
They Lost my Blood
Like the title says. They took three vials of blood for a routine blood panel. Then they called me four days later to say that they don't know where it is. It could be at another lab and, if not, I have to go there again and give more blood. Sure, "another lab." I don't care that this is not as serious a transgression as surgery that didn't take or prescribing the wrong medication. It fell below the standard of care any reasonable patient would expect in this situation. And then they have the nerve to tell me that they are still going to charge me if I come in again. I didn't deal with Akbari herself but her team was incompetent and, worse than that, her assistant sounded apathetic over the phone. I don't mind getting blood drawn. I usually look straight down at that needle entering my vein and I don't get squeamish. It's the principle that matters. It's the fact that they just seemed to shrug it off like they lost a flashlight and not my DNA. Go somewhere else.

June 8th, 2016
Don't expect promptness or courtesy here. They don't care about your health.
I went to Dr. Akbari for a pap smear. The apt lasted about 5 minutes and I was told that my results would be ready in about 2 weeks. After three months I called to inquire and was told that Dr. Akbari still hadn't reviewed my results!! I was charged for the visit even though my insurance should have covered it.. Dealing with the office was an absurd experience. They are "polite" but not helpful and their opening (calling) hours are unreasonable if you have a 9-5 M-F job.

November 8th, 2015
Excellent
She is the best doctor I've ever had. She listens, takes good notes, makes me feel like I'm the only patient she has! All my other doctors were men, and this is my first woman doctor, so I wasn't sure how that would be for me since I'm a guy. But she's the best! And the office staff is excellent too. The environment of the office is so peaceful and welcoming. So thankful that I discovered this place!

August 31st, 2015
She is very easy to talk to.

March 18th, 2015
Dr. Akbari is so kind and patient and really spends time listening to you.

January 23rd, 2015
Dr. Akbari has been my PCP for over 5 years. She has always been straightforward, attentive, and accessible. She explains options, and has never pushed unneeded prescriptions or treatments. It is very easy to schedule and appointment with her and she follows up promptly. Highly recommend.

May 20th, 2013
She is great. For the first time, after many doctors, she made me feel comfortable talking about some issues I was having. She listens, diagnoses fast, does not rush you and still works on a timely manner. She makes you feel comfortable which was the biggest takeaway for me.

December 29th, 2010
I have nothing but the highest respect for Dr. Akbari and feel very lucky to be one of her patients. She is extremely thorough and very patient with me, never rushed or dismissive about anything I bring up. It's a really good feeling to have a doctor that is as friendly and caring as she is.

November 23rd, 2016