Dr. Nancy Akers Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nancy Akers?

Good doctor but...

Posted on June 28th, 2017

Dr. Akers is a good doctor and I was her patient for many years but when she went in this Pontiac office things changed. Patients often have a long wait time. Last time I saw her I had the first appt. of the day and I sat in the waiting room for over 45 min.waiting to be called. I finally found a new Dr. closer to home

Had enough with the abuse

Posted on August 20th, 2015

I really liked dr Akers and thought she was very compassionate, however, the downright rude, crude, intrusive, and horrible behavior of her staff is inexcusable! I have never been so talked down to by so called professionals before in my life. Does she not realize her staff are a reflection of her office and their extremely bad behavior reflects on her? If it were a one or even two time occurance it could be overlooked, but having been made to cry on several occasions by her staff is rediculious and shouldn't have ever happened. I am done with Dr Akers .

Great doctor, incompetent staff

Posted on December 16th, 2014

I had been with Dr. Akers for about 10 years. She is the kindest doctor I have ever met. That is saying a lot since I work in the healthcare industry and have met many many doctors. The wait is long. 30 minutes in the sitting area and another 20-30 minutes in the exam room. I have ignored and put up with this inconvenience for many years because I like how caring this doctor is. On my last visit at this office, she didnt write a prescription for one of my medications. She said it would be called in to my pharmacy. It never was. Even after my pharmacy called her office. In the past 4 days, I have called her office twice about a concern I had. The first time I spoke with the receptionist who was dismissive on the phone. I left a message but never got a call back. I called again yesterday and couldn't get through to a real person. So I left a message on the nurse's voicemail. Unfortunately, I still haven't heard from them until now. Today, I am calling my health insurance to find a new PCP. Sad. But I need a responsive doctor.

GODS GIFT

Posted on June 20th, 2013

MOST MEMORABLE IS SHE HAS HELPED ME THRU ALOT OF SITUATIONS IV BEEN THRU.I HAVE BEEN SEEING DOC AKERS FOR ALMOST 8YEARS SHE IS VERY HELPFUL VERY RESOURCEFUL VERY CARING AN LOVES HER PRACTICE SHES HELPED ME ALONG WAY JUST WISH THERE WASNT SUCH LONG WAIT TIME WITH APPOINTMENTS BUT GUESS EVERYONE WANTS THE BEST.I WOULD AN DO REFER DOC N.AKERS TO OTHERS EXSP AFTER SHE WAS REFERRED TO ME BY A LOVED ONE.TY FOR ALL YOUR HELP N CARING U HAVE GAVEN TO ME AN MY CHILDREN.

Posted on October 3rd, 2012

Dr Akers is a very caring and easy to talk to doctor I think she is the best Always spends time with you Assistant that works with her is very nice too

Very caring Dr.

Posted on June 14th, 2012

She is very caring but it takes forever to get an appt. and I am always there 2 to 3 hours. She has a wonderful bedside manner and really cares about her patients but she does overbook.

LOVE HER!

Posted on April 5th, 2012

Dr Akers has been the most compassionate of Doctors I have ever been to. She listens and shows genuine concern to my ailments. Easy t talk to and very upfront with any questions I have needed answers for. I would highly recommend her to friends and family. The only downside is the wait time. I have waited as short as 10 mins to as long as 3 hours.

She sucks!

Posted on September 26th, 2011

I was referred to her and I went to her old office and her staff is ruder than she is. Rather die ten go back to her. She is horrific

VERY GOOD DOC

Posted on August 22nd, 2011

SHE HAS HELPED ME HELP MYSELF . WITHOUT NANCY I WOULD BE BAD OFF. I OWE HER MORE THAN I CAN TELL HER .

Great Doctor

Posted on March 9th, 2011

I switched to Dr. Akers after my last doctor failed to diagnose and treat the condition I have with my back and hips. Dr. Akers read my test results and started me on medication to get it under control, now for the first time in a few years I feel like I can live a normal life again thanks to Dr. Akers taking my case/condition seriously. She is a great doctor who I would refer to any and all of my friends and family who are looking for a good caring doctor.

Often overbooked

Posted on January 11th, 2011

Nancy is a very good PCP however, whether it's the office or the POH affiliate she is always over booked. She is a great doctor and very personable but my time is money too!

Posted on October 3rd, 2017