A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nancy Ascher:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nancy Ascher is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Nancy Ascher, MD, PHD is board certified in Surgery.
- She has special expertise in 24 areas:
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Blood Clot (Thrombosis)
- Cancer Chemoembolization (Therapeutic Chemoembolization)
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Heart Transplantation
- Hepatic Encephalopathy
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Cirrhosis (Alcoholic)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Failure
- Liver Failure (Acute)
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Liver Transplantation
- Lung Cancer
- Organ Transplantation
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Ascher graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. She has 7 awards.
Dr. Ascher has 9 hospital affiliations:
- California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ascher accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 17 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Nancy L. Ascher practice?
Dr. Nancy Ascher practices Surgery, Surgical Oncology, and Transplant Surgery near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Surgeons.