Overall Review

2.7

March 22nd, 2016
Horrible
I have been dealing with acne for the first time in my life, I am a 40 year old female that has a hysterectomy, therefore she assumed my acne is the cause of stress, she handed me a discount coupon for Cera Ve, I explain to her that I was paying out of pocket and that I have used several different face wash for acne and none has worked and asked that she did not give me any prescriptions that were expenses unless it was guarantee , so she prescribed to different medicine that total $800 after learning this at the pharmacy I called the office and was then prescribed Epiduo, Here it is 3 months later and I am still dealing with the problem, she seemed very disturbed and in a rush and made e feel as if I was wasting her time, very cold and did not care to listen to me at all.

December 17th, 2015
Excellent care

June 18th, 2015
I have been going to Dr. Astle for 4 or 5 years and would not consider another doctor unless she retires. I think she has a very nice demeanor and I have joked with her a bit. I try to stay on the subject to not waste her time but have never felt like she was in a hurry. She has been very helpful in keeping me from being eat up with skin cancer. I have even started to really listen to her when she suggest things to do to prevent more cancers going forward. He staff has always been very friendly and professional. I would recommend her to anyone.

May 23rd, 2015
Dr. Astle is very professional and a very good doctor. I would recommend her to anyone.

January 22nd, 2015
I have been going to Dr. Astle for several year and find her to be a fine, professional Doctor. I was surprised when I read some of the other reviews and wonder if their personalities just didn't click. All Doctors don't give you the "warm fuzzes" but that doesn't make them bad Doctors. I will continue to go to her and trust her with my medical needs.

July 21st, 2014
Horrible experience! Dr. Nancy Astle send me with very minor little bump on my lip to plastic surgeon to take biopsy. Bump was result of scar issue after cold sore. I had it just for one week. She even didn't look at me closer and told me that I possible have a cancer! I was in shock, horrified until I went to see another doctor. He even didn't think once that I have a cancer or I need biopsy.In addition he said that is common practice of Dr. Astle to sending people for biopsy to one plastic surgeon. My bump smooth up after another couple of weeks. I will never forget this experience and I'm reporting Dr. Astle to medical board. I don't want that she will do that to other people.

February 21st, 2014
Very Unhappy with Attitude
Dr Astle is very cold and not friendly at all ! she entered the room and looked at me as if I should not be there . I was having issues with breakouts and she stated I needed to see another doctor that she could recommend for laser treatments . She made me feel like I was wasting her time my appointment was all of 15 minutes and she charged me $73 for nothing ! . I will never go back to to her again . Would not recommend her to anyone !!

November 22nd, 2013
Very disappointed in my visit with Dr. Astle. Had to wait almost 30 minutes before being called back to an exam room. Then waited another 10 minutes. She took one look at a place on my back and described it as "weeds in the garden of life" and it was not harmful. Numbed two spots and was none to gentle. Scraped some off for a biopsy. She spent more time with me explaining that I would be getting two different bills--a separate one from the pathologist, than she did talking about my questionable spots. She must have told me three times about a different bill. I am not totally stupid and REALIZED I would be getting a different bill from the pathologist. She said she wanted to do a full body check and I am going to cancel that appointment because I did not like her condescending attidue towards me and her coldness. There is a reason I was able to get an appointment with her in 2 days rather than having to wait 3 months for a dermatologist as I normally would have to. Do yourself a favor and don't go to this dermatologist.

July 18th, 2013
First Visit to Dermatology
I was very pleased with Dr. Astle's professional manner. She is very knowledgeable about dermatology problems. She explained things where I could understand & in terms that were clear. After removing a skin cancer from my face she recommended me to a skin surgeon that followed up with my treatment. She spent time letting me ask questions. I highly recommend her for any dermatology problems.

June 18th, 2013
What a joke!
Making a quick appt. was easy..now I know why! I am going to write a truthful review here, but not stopping at just this. The medical board needs to be aware of this very depressing, unprofessional person who calls herself a doctor? I question her credentials. As I entered the examining room, she entered. no smile, no introduction. Started to hand me brochures and lecture me like a child about skin cancer. I am 60 yrs. old, so I think I know what to look for. I had a list of things I wanted to address. She hardly looked at anything-did have her handy little flash light though! She didn't take anything seriously. With having a five minute exam and nothing addressed, I left there wondering "is it over?" S o, how much does she charge my insurance company for that? I will find out when I contact them and any one else to make people aware that this "person" is ripping people off. No wonder our health care system is in such a mess!

April 9th, 2013
RUN ...
Dr. Astle walked in with her silver clipboard, barely looked at me, explained what I had based on the information her assistant provided. She did not even examine the area nor look at it. She wrote up a prescription and said if it is still bothering you in 6 weeks come back and see me … FOR WHAT? To get more crappy healthcare service.

March 28th, 2013
Terrible!
Made an appt. to have a cyst removed. She barely spent 5 minutes with me, terrible bedside manner, did not ask me anything just told me she would refer me to a plastic surgeon because insurance would not cover her doing but she charged me for the visit! Really???!!! I spent more time waiting to see her than she spent with me. Terrible!!!!