Dr. Nancy Cao MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 22nd, 2016
Dr. Cao is a wonderful doctor. She has treated me for many years is always patient and kind and very knowledgeable of many things in her practice and otherwise. I have been very happy with her as my neurologist.

August 7th, 2016
Staff is absolutely the most rude. I have never dealt with people that were more awful. These folks are just nasty.

June 13th, 2016
The doctor was courteous and helpful but the front desk staff is absolutely awful and rude. Had to have a year check up to get new supplies, appointment was a month out. once i take the time off work and arrive i get asked how the machine works, any changes needed and that was it. one month wait, time off work for two questions just so they can bill my insurance and grant me access to plastic tubing.

January 6th, 2016
Very forthright, caring, easy to understand. Really listened and responded to my questions and concerns. Still following up with her to evaluate effectiveness of treatment.

December 14th, 2015
She does not listen to my request and staff was rude to my guests .

November 9th, 2015
I have ben seeing Dr. Cao for a couple of years, and have nothing but good care from her. People need to understand that neurological problems cover a vast spectrum and yes it may take time to get a diagnosis.If a doctor wasn't sure what was wrong with me I would be happy that she referred me to someone she thinks could. Not every doctor is good for every patient. The staff is great and prompt.

August 30th, 2015
Totally awful. Does not understand disease state, or patient's capabilities. Cares more about making money, than caring for patients!! Beware

March 4th, 2015
Don't!
This is the most incompetent doctor EVER! She does not have any answers, and it's clear she just did well in school. Find a real Neurologist. Her nurse is the receptionist, maintenance staff and the janitor....and she has a bad attitude.

December 30th, 2014
Horrible experience
It seems that patients either have great or horrible experiences with Dr. Cao. I definitely had a horrible experience and don't normally write reviews but wanted to warn others. My appointments were always rushed and stressful. The doctor does not take the time to address your concerns before running out the door to her next appointment. Dr. Cao attempted a treatment on me and I had horrible side effects. Since it did not work, she referred me elsewhere and gave up. Very unprofessional, avoid this practice.

April 15th, 2014
Brought my mom there for some Neuro problems and she is very helpful in working with us to find the problem.

October 16th, 2013
Dr. Cao is wonderful!
My husband underwent major brain surgery at Beaumont-we first saw Dr. Coa in ICU, following his surgery and she also helped him with follow up care during his recovery. I cannot say enough good things about her and her staff.She is very thorough and caring, Most days she works through her lunch hour and takes time with every patient.We have talked with many in the waiting room. I must mention we have never waited more that 15 minutes! The staff are very accomodating and friendly.

June 9th, 2013
Excellent care for MS
Dr. Cao listens, asks questions, discusses test findings and treatment options, explains recommendations. She is very patient, sincerely caring, thorough, helpful, and knowledgeable. Her staff is very helpful, kind, and supportive to me. I had to wait quite a while for my initial appointment, but it was very worthwhile. All follow-up visits are easy to schedule and Dr. Cao always has adequate time for me. I couldn't be happier as a patient.