Dr. Nancy Herta MD Patient Reviews

May 3rd, 2015
An awesome doctor

March 20th, 2015
horrible
This lady was on call during my labor, and I saw her all of twice in 29 hours. She let me suffer in pain with a second round of pitocin, because as her colleague, my actual doctor said, she hates surgery. She never said two words to me in the operating room. And to boot, she was the on call doc at the hospital when I was at home having complications. She never called me back.

March 21st, 2014
Left our baby stuck in the birth canal for 6 hours and only checked herself twice during this time. Finally we insisted on c-section to get baby out and we ended up with our baby girl having a fractured skull and a brain bleed. After a week in the NICU we were able to go home. Then she told us that was normal. I trusted her to know what to do even though I knew it wasn't right to wait so long. I wouldn't let her touch my dog.

June 8th, 2012
My partner and I recently found Dr. Herta while looking for OB/GYNs that are understanding of same-sex parenting and pregnancy. She is also compassionate toward gender identity and it was very refreshing to not have to teach my doctor about how I identify myself. She is a wonderful resource and ally to the LGBT* community and I am confident of her abilities throughout our pregnancy. The only slip-up so far seems to be with the office staff - they mis-scheduled my initial appointment despite being very clear what the purposes were and they categorized the first appointment incorrectly when billing our insurance, causing our insurance to not cover it. Thankfully, we caught the error and it has been fixed. These are minor in our priorities and we are thorough enough to be able to fix small clerical errors, but having a compassionate, understanding doctor is paramount and Dr. Herta has exceeded our expectations.

January 4th, 2011
Wonderful
My husband and I are dealing with infertility, and were struggling with finding a doctor we felt comfortable around. After traveling to Grand Rapids and to various gynos, we fell in love with Dr. Herta. Her thoroughness is wonderful, and her personality puts you right at ease. I have, and will continue to recommend her to friends and family.

September 22nd, 2009
Good doc
I had been with another doctor in Herta's practice for years--and I loved her. But, she moved away last year. This year was my first visit with Dr. Herta. I don't have children, and don't plan to...but I have had many GYN problems over the years and I was very worried about switching doctors. I found Dr. Herta to be extremely thorough. She listened intently, offered good advice. She tried to turf me to a nurse practitioner, but when I complained that I really need to see a doctor because of the issues I've had, she understood and kept me with her as a patient (instead of the NP). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to another patient.