Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Mar 21st, 2014

Left our baby stuck in the birth canal for 6 hours and only checked herself twice during this time. Finally we insisted on c-section to get baby out and we ended up with our baby girl having a fractured skull and a brain bleed. After a week in the NICU we were able to go home. Then she told us that was normal. I trusted her to know what to do even though I knew it wasn't right to wait so long. I wouldn't let her touch my dog.

|  show details
Jun 8th, 2012

My partner and I recently found Dr. Herta while looking for OB/GYNs that are understanding of same-sex parenting and pregnancy. She is also compassionate toward gender identity and it was very refreshing to not have to teach my doctor about how I identify myself. She is a wonderful resource and ally to the LGBT* community and I am confident of her abilities throughout our pregnancy. The only slip-up so far seems to be with the office staff - they mis-scheduled my initial appointment despite being very clear what the purposes were and they categorized the first appointment incorrectly when billing our insurance, causing our insurance to not cover it. Thankfully, we caught the error and it has been fixed. These are minor in our priorities and we are thorough enough to be able to fix small clerical errors, but having a compassionate, understanding doctor is paramount and Dr. Herta has exceeded our expectations.

|  Wonderful  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2011

My husband and I are dealing with infertility, and were struggling with finding a doctor we felt comfortable around. After traveling to Grand Rapids and to various gynos, we fell in love with Dr. Herta. Her thoroughness is wonderful, and her personality puts you right at ease. I have, and will continue to recommend her to friends and family.

|  Good doc  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2009

I had been with another doctor in Herta's practice for years--and I loved her. But, she moved away last year. This year was my first visit with Dr. Herta. I don't have children, and don't plan to...but I have had many GYN problems over the years and I was very worried about switching doctors. I found Dr. Herta to be extremely thorough. She listened intently, offered good advice. She tried to turf me to a nurse practitioner, but when I complained that I really need to see a doctor because of the issues I've had, she understood and kept me with her as a patient (instead of the NP). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to another patient.