Dr. Nancy Holekamp MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

August 6th, 2017
for the last 3 year where I have problem with my right eye , dr. holekamp not only treated my eye but brought my vision back to 20/25 , thank you for your tender care

January 20th, 2015
Outstanding Retinal Care
I am a senior health care professional who is unconnected with this practice or specialty and had not met Dr. Nancy Holekamp before. I was extremely impressed with Dr. Holekamp. She diagnosed a tiny retinal tear and dealt with it immediately. I felt I was in skilled hands and appreciated her calm, professional manner. I would not hestitate to recommend Dr Holekamp to any of my patients or family needing retinal care. She is an outstanding and gifted doctor. I saw her at the Pepose Vision Tesson Ferry Road office.

March 6th, 2014
Dr. Holekamp doesn't listen she talks right over you. I suggest a different doctor if you want to be heard. Her staff was nice but she was awful. If I could give her zero stars I would. I gave her staff no stars just to offset how terrible she is.

September 26th, 2012
Pepose vision
I recently had cataract surgery and developed unusual symptoms six weeks later. I made an appointment with my cataract surgeon, he examined me, found a retinal tear and immediately walked me over to Dr. Holekamp, who practices in the same office. She treated me within thirty minutes of the tear being discovered, was quite professional and clear in her explanations. I found the experience to be extraordinarily good. I would not hesitate to see her again. The entire team at Pepose Vision Institute is first rate.

January 23rd, 2012
Dr.Nancy M. Holekamp/ my eyes are open!
My brother has been seeing Dr. Holekamp for several months. While waiting on him to see the doctor I was first impressed by the excellent office atmosphere and decor. The staff was very efficent, polite, attentive and caring towards all patients. They demonstrated a great deal of professionalism. I had been considering looking for a new eye care professional and was very impressed with the staff and also with the wonderful things my brother told me about the doctor. I made an appointment an was very pleased. The period of time spent waiting was limited, staff was very courteous, effective and efficent. Dr. Holekamp demonstrated a cheerful,bedside manner. I received some valuable information regarding my vision that I had not been informed about before. I was very pleased to say the least, should I have any concerns regarding my vision I would not hesitate to return to Pepose Vision and Dr.Holekamp. My visit was wonderful and as they say "MY EYES ARE REALLY OPEN!"

November 6th, 2011
A top gun
My father has gone to several doctors for macular degeneration with varying success. Holecamp has definitely been the best.

July 2nd, 2011
Should be sued for malpractice
Because she was in a competition with my dad's retina specialist in NY, Dr. Irene Barbazetto, let my father go without a lucentis shot for three months, when Dr. B had been successful with a two-month interval. Holekamp said there was no fluid in his eye, and Lucentis is only used when there is fluid. So she refused to give him a shot for safety. A few months later, his vision had worsened considerably and there was a lot of fluid. This is a horrible, horrible doctor, who is no longer at Barnes Retina Institute. Maybe they got wise to her. The doctors there said she was wrong, and emphasized she is no longer with them!

June 7th, 2011
Very good and gentle with procedure, explained my condition in simple and understandable terms. Aloof attitude, but staff was great.

April 1st, 2011
Helps patient understand procedures
Very informative so that patient can make comfortable decisions on surgery procedures. Did not feel rushed in prelim. meeting. Very good communicator and friendly.

September 19th, 2010
Impatient with me and my concerns and seemed uninterested in my problems dealing with losing my sight. Not very helpful or hopeful for my future.Joyce

September 13th, 2010
Nate
Best retina specialist experience I have ever had!

September 9th, 2010
very rushed - seemed to be in a hurry to leave; not concerned about my blood sugar control or if it harmed my sight