inactive

Nancy J Lisch MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

July 13th, 2015
nice lady, bad advice
I liked how Dr. Lisch always wrote down the answers to any questions I had. When I was a first time mom, she did her best to make me feel at ease with caring for a baby. However, knowing what I know now about breastfeeding (I've since nursed 2 more children and have been certified as a CLC and a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Helper), I hope that Dr. Lisch will not give out her poor breastfeeding advice anymore. I struggled with nursing the first time around, and did my best to follow "the rules" as presented by Dr. Lisch, but I think her advice made our struggles worse. I have learned that much of her advice came from old wives' tales and misinformation and was not evidence based or backed by research. She recommended all of the following, which are definite ways to make breastfeeding harder, and most of which even go against AAP guidelines: starting solid foods at exactly 4 months, forcing my 1 month old daughter to finish entire 4 ounce bottles of pumped milk after nursing to increase weight gain, pumping and dumping breastmilk because of common OTC medications like ibuprofen or benadryl, putting baby on a strict sleep schedule and making her cry it out, and insisting that I should stop breastfeeding at 1 year because she said the benefits for baby stop then, and she told me I needed to wean due to my low-risk pregnancy anyway.

December 29th, 2010
Miss Dr. Lisch
She was the best doctor! She was knowledgeable and great with my kids. We pray for her recovery and hope she will practice again. We miss her!

June 14th, 2010
We miss you!
Dr. Lisch is the best. My 4 kids have seen her since birth and we miss her terribly. Her instincts are great and her interaction with the kids and us is one of a kind. We hope and pray that she gets well and can return to practicing medicine. We would return to her in a heartbeat!

December 3rd, 2009
Pray for Dr. Lisch
All please pray for Dr. Lisch. I just read the State of Ohio medical board disciplinary action on Nancy. Apparently, according to the board Dr. Lisch is struggling with an addiction to alcohol. Please pray for her full recovery as we all know her to be an excellent Dr. and we know they are very hard to come by. My teenage son absolutely loved her. She had been his Dr. since he was around 6 years old. So sad. I hope she recovers soon.

November 12th, 2009
You are missed so very much?
We are lost without you! I know I have not found anyone yet who know's what they are talking about. You were always right on the money. Your irreplaceable! Hope you come back. The kids & parents miss you.

June 30th, 2009
We miss you and want you back! You are a wonderful doctor and have always made us laugh. We always looked forward to our "healthy" visits with you and you have always made my daughters visits easy and compfortable. Hope you are well.

March 26th, 2009
The Singerline Family
Dr lisch we are lost without you. Dr Lisch has seen my six children since they were born. She was their favorite doctor. She was always right on with her diagnosis. I am running everywhere but no one compares. I constantly check to see if she's anywhere else. We miss you dearly.

January 21st, 2009
Brinkman family
Dr Lisch is irreplaceable!! We have relied on her for so much through past 10 years. She is missed very much.

November 4th, 2008
She is missed
I am unaware of why Dr. Lisch is not practicing. My children have been patients of her's for 14 years. We were all devistated to here that she was no longer practicing. She can not be replaced!! My children will miss her!!

October 23rd, 2008
Anonymous
She is so very much missed. Her leave of absence is a loss to the pediatric community. We hope she decides to practice again.

June 30th, 2008
The best of the best!
She is so smart and so kind! The absolute best!!

June 25th, 2008
We have 4 children and all of them LOVE her! She is great with her Dx and is very comforting to the kids! We have traveled to other offices to see her. SHe is the best!