Dr. Nancy Thomas MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Covington, LA

2.8

November 21st, 2015
Current obgyn. 31 weeks pregnant. Never had a problem getting an appt or getting an answer to a question. Never feel rushed. Like the online system where you request refills or message the nurse if you need anything. Would recommend.

November 20th, 2015
Amazing
By far the best obgyn I have ever had. I am truly sad that we are moving during my second pregnancy. Her staff is very friendly and professional. Dr. Thomas is the best!

August 24th, 2015
Withholds information about your health
This doctor withheld positive news from me that would've put me at ease for months. Instead of giving me results to a colposcopy she had her staff call and give me a very unclear generic answer of having me return in six months. Thankfully I found an amazing doctor (Dr. Thomas was borderline rude and spent no time with delicate procedures that are scary for some people). My new doctor went over my tests results that Doctor Thomas' staff acted like they didn't exist. I remember asking questions to get more clear answers on my results. Instead Dr. Thomas's staff just left it open ended and said to come back in six months. My new doctor informed me my results showed my test to be negative!!! Which is great news. It turned out the appointment was not even needed. At least I got a great new doctor out of it. All I know is that it is very sketchy and almost mean to keep news from your patients when you could put them at ease. It also makes me question why she was having me come back in six months?? More insurance money??

May 12th, 2015
Every appt feels like a waste
Every visit, Dr. Thomas is in the room no more than 2 minutes. She doesn't explain anything about the visit or results. She doesn't give you time to ask any questions. She always has one foot out the door from the minute she walks in the room. If you don't understand the medical terms or initials she's saying, when asked, she won't take the time to explain. My last visit, I told her as soon as she walked in that I have several questions for her. I asked her my 1st question and she was only half paying attention to me. She gave me a very vague answer as she walked out the door, before I could ask her any of my other questions. She wasn't rushing to see another patient because I saw her in the office right after chatting with other staff.

March 5th, 2015
Worst doctor ever
Her bedside mannerism is awful. She sewed my vagina wrong after delivery . I'm so mad at her. I don't even like sex bc of her screw up. She showed zero compassion, knew nothing about me, she delivered my baby but had a coworker follow up with me after delivery. If you want a good dr go with Swiger. I never write on these boards but I'm giving warning to others about her sloppy work. She will ruin your vagina and you will hate her for ruining a pleasant pregnancy. She is very cold. Do not do not chose her!!!

January 7th, 2014
Don't Waste Your Time
I'm 19, was 18 the first time I saw Dr. Thomas. Needless to say it was my only time. She was seemed really quick with me, and was a pain to follow up with. I have a few health issues, and needed birth control for regulation. Like I said I'm 19, and am in no position to pay 20-60 dollars a month for a prescription. I asked her to make sure she gave me a generic brand that would be covered through my insurance and it took her a month and three prescriptions to get it right. It was an awful experience. I'm due for my 6 month follow up, and will definitely not be going back to her.

September 30th, 2013
No, Just No
I read the reviews on here and yet still booked an appointment with Dr. Thomas. No one was kidding when they wrote that her bedside manner left much to be desired. It was only my second time ever to the gynecologist. She was in and out in less then 10 minutes. I wanted birth control. She selected a random pill (since she asked me nothing about my period, sexual habits, symptoms) and was out of the room before I could even ask any questions. To top it all off, I went to pick up my prescription and was told it was $55 dollars with no option of a generic brand. Great job doctor. Needless to say, I WILL NOT be back.

July 31st, 2013
I went to Dr. Thomas one time. After that visit I decided it would be my ONLY visit to her. She was in and out very quickly. I found her to be disinterested, disconnected, uncaring, and insensitive. I decided I did not want to establish myself as her patient. She is not the kind of doctor I want - in good times and certainly not in bad times.

July 16th, 2013
Worse dr I ever had
First let me say she knew nothing about me the whole time i seen her during my last pregnancy. Including my name or how stressed I was with my home situation. I started going into labor at 31 weeks n repeatedly had to stop it. I informed her I was a nurse lifting bed bound patients and needed a note to get a lighter work load. (My job didn't care about my health either) she didn't give it to me. At 34 weeks she decided I need to be put on bed rest n asked if I need the note then. I didn't because they fired me the week before. At 35 weeks I went into labor and my water broke. In the hospital I was only checked twice and not by the dr. She made me feel like a vbac was our goal but as soon as the heart rate dipped she rushed me to the back before checking to see if it was natural dipping from desending. My son spent over a week in nicu for being early. She tied my tubes n I never went back for the follow up. Now what worries me is if I should trust she did that right.

May 30th, 2012
Do not see this dr.!
Dr Thomas has to be one of the worst dr I have ever come in contact with. First visit, flings the door open while im in stirrups, leaves it open for a minute. Did not acknowledge a problem I had my entire pregnancy wouldn't even look at me until I complained to staff about the way I was treated. Never once did any kind of teaching or inform me of any kind of nutrition I should be eating. Would say, "everything looks fine" when clearly my labs were abnormal. I am very disappointed in this dr. I would not recommend her to anyone who is pregnant. Im also a nurse so I have an understanding of what a dr. Should be and Dr Thomas is not a good Dr. I hope you don't get stuck with her bc she will leave u disappointed.

May 7th, 2012
Very unimpressed. Rushed through exam; didn't listen. No follow up - left messages for her to call and she never responded.

October 25th, 2011
Not impressed
I'm pregnant with my first child and am looking for a new doctor because I have been so displeased with bed side manner. She seems very rushed and offers no feedback on ultra sounds or test results. I would like feedback and friendly service.