Dr. Nancy Romer MD Patient Reviews

3.8

June 7th, 2016
She is a no-nonsense type of doctor. I was always told I would never have children and in all honesty, if it wasn't for her I would not have my son. She was amazing during my difficult pregnancy.

September 24th, 2015
Great doctor
I've been going to Dr. Romer for over a decade and found her to be attentive and a very good doctor.

September 10th, 2015
Bad bedside manner, not compassionate caregiver
I guess I was unfortunate enough to become a patient of hers toward the dwindling down of her career. I originally came to her due to not being able to concieve after 1 year. She wasnt a very good listener and she often dismissed things I was worried over. I often felt hurried in her office. After 6 months of trying charting and Clomid and ignoring my requests to be placed on a different medication I was referred to an infertiltiy doctor. She was aware my insurance did not cover fertility treatments and pretty much looked down on me and wished me luck on trying to concieve. I felt like I was not worth her time or effort and she was hardly ever in the office when I need to make an appointment to monitor my progress on the meds. Then I received a letter in the mail stating she was not going to be a full time doctor and she was moving to a practice w/ other O.B.'s so she could spend more time away from the office, I will be switching O.B.'s. Its a shame I read all these great reviews about the care they received with her, and I dont feel I was treated with the same great care.

August 14th, 2015
The reason I have my son
I was told at 13 that I would never be able to have children. I was able to get pregnant, but not able to carry. So when I found it I was pregnant at 31, I did not have high hopes, but after talking with Dr. Romer, I decided it was worth trying to see if I could go to full term. The pregnancy was not easy, but Dr. Romer and her staff were there for me every step of the way. They took the time to talk with me whenever I called (and I am sure I asked a lot of silly questions) and got me in almost immediately any time I had worrisome symptoms. Though my son tried to come early a few times, he ended up being born full term and though he was a little small, he was perfectly healthy. I truly believe his birth was possible because of Dr. Romer's knowledge and skills.

July 29th, 2015
Dr. Romer has been my ob/gyn for many years. She is always professional and caring. She takes the appropriate time needed to discuss any concerns or questions I have.

March 31st, 2015
Good Doctor, but ...
I've had good experiences with Dr. Romer as a gynecologist, but I must say I'm offended every time I walk past her office on my way out. She's obviously a loyal UD basketball fan, but I think it's rude that she has a sign on her office door that reads, "Breathe if you hate Xavier; Flyer fan forever." As a Xavier alumni, I find this sign a bit harsh. This has been on her door for years, and the strange thing is, the two teams are no longer even in the same league.