Dr. Nancy Satzler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nancy Satzler?

Posted on October 25th, 2017

I have had one appointment, and am waiting on a follow up. I always go a minimum of twice before I make a decision (unless something crazy happens). I liked Dr. Satzler’s bedside manner, the amount of time spent, and checking all avenues on a first time patient with lab work and test. She explained what she was looking for. I mentioned a problem I was having with a tooth though that I felt was related to other health problems, and she basically told me to brush and floss twice daily???? Hygiene wasn’t the issue, and she never even looked in my mouth. Now the downside. My first visit I never saw her. It was the nurses attitude and lack of knowledge. First after I arrived she told me they didn’t take my secondary insurance when I told her what insurance I had when I made the appointment.; It turned out she was wrong about that. I was had been on Medicare for less than 2 years, and wasn’t aware there was a card. She told me (after I was in the office), that they couldn’t see me without the card. I told her that I wasn’t aware there was a card, but the 2 other doctors I had seen pulled it up with my social on one, and the other pulled it up when they put in my secondary insurance (which I had a card for). She would do it. Mind you I ask her what I would need when I made the appointment. I had to limp out of the office on a bad leg. 3 weeks later I returned with the card. During that appointment the nurse took my weight about 2 seconds after I was on those balancing scales and announced a weight that was almost 10 pounds over my recent recorded weight. When I questioned her about checking it’s accuracy, she refused to move the little thing to check if the weight was correct. Then the nurse did an EKG, but when it came time to record it and tear the paper off, she mess with the machine for about 60 seconds and told me I would need to come back to do it on my follow up appointment because it wasn’t working. My blood pressure was extremely high.I asked about the handicap form, and with attitude she told me how busy she had been and how she was the only employee and she would give it to me with my other stuff before I left. She didn’t. I phoned back, and she let me know how busy she was and said she would mail it. Then I was given a prescription that I have a deadly allergy to AFTER putting that info on the form and discussing it with the doctor in that appointment! I wonder if the nurse was responsible for either sending that prescription off through the computer or was it the doctor? I have been going to the same pharmacy for years, and they keep a list of things I am allergic to. Thankfully he spotted it and questioned me about my allergies. He very possibly saved my life. I called the nurse, and I didn’t hear a true attitude of someone taking ownership. I told her the situation and she cut me off (as she does), and asked if I had told their office. It’s what I had just said! She was so anxious not to deal with me that she wasn’t actively listening. At a doctor’s office! She said she would check and call back. She did, and told me the allergy was there on the records and said the doctor had been so busy that week..... Then she wrote down one date for my follow up appointment but apparently put a different date in the computer. When she handed me the paper with the follow up date, I asked her about it, because it was 2 months away and they had scheduled lab work for me and prescribed that new medication. She said it was all they had with the days of the week I could make it in. Then a month later she calls to see if I would be coming to my appointment the next scheduled for the following day. I told her no, that she scheduled the appointment for two months out. She just said she didn’t. But that’s what the paper said, so we had to reschedule. So the score is lower more because of staff than doctor care.

Excellence in Care

Posted on August 3rd, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Satzler for several years; she is an excellent caring physician. She is through and takes plenty of time to discuss concerns and conditions. She works very hard to take a complete patient history, understanding present concerns and making the correct diagnosis. She is very personable and pleasant but still very professional. Her nurse, who also is her receptionist is very skilled; she is caring and thorough. If one leaves a message, it is always returned and appointment time is always punctual. I can unequivocally recommend Dr. Satzler and her staff.

Excellent Patient-Centered Physician!

Posted on May 25th, 2017

Dr. Satzler has been my physician for many years and continues to always provide competent and caring services. My work is in the health care education field and I recognize the expert way that Dr. Satzler meets patient needs with a kind and highly professional approach. She really listens and takes the time to address each concern in a thorough manner. I hold her in highest regard and give her my highest recommendation!

Posted on May 23rd, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Satzler. During my visits with her, she has always been so patient with me and has given me sufficient time in which to describe my health concerns.

Posted on May 22nd, 2017

Dr. Satzler was highly recommended to me by a surgeon/friend. I have been greatly pleased with her professionalism, expertise and likeable demeanor. When you visit with Dr. Satzler, you do not feel like you are being rushed through your appointment---instead she provides ample time to hear your health concerns.

Excellent Care

Posted on May 16th, 2017

I have been a patient for the past 12 years after my former doctor retired and recommended her. I have always received excellent care. She listens well to what I have to say and discusses any options I might consider as treatment.. I am 81 years old with several health issues and she is very knowledgeable about my concerns for treatment. I would never hesitate to recommend her to others. She and her staff work together to make my visits as pleasant as possible.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on May 15th, 2017

Listens to concerns and takes time with her patients.

Dr. Satzler is an amazing physician!

Posted on May 12th, 2017

Not only is Dr. Satzler a brilliant diagnostician, she has a warm, empathetic bedside manner. I am truly blessed to have her overseeing my care. She also has a remarkable reputation among other physicians .

A good physician who cares about her patients!

Posted on May 11th, 2017

Dr. Satzler has been treating both myself and my husband for several years. She takes the time to sit down and talk to you to determine if there are any new issues and progress on continuing treatments. Both Dr. Satzler and her staff are caring and professional. My husband was in the medical field and knew many physicians through his years of work. The decision to go to Dr. Satzler was both a conscious one and positive one.

Dr. Nancy Satzler is a doctor I highly recommend.

Posted on May 11th, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Nancy Satzler for several years. I am a 73 year old female who has benefitted from her advice. Over the years she has been dedicated to my health and given me advice on medical issues that arise as does the aging process. Under her care it has been possible for me to manage my health in a positive way. She gives me as much time as I need to voice my concerns. Dr. Satzler listens to me as I voice concerns I have about my health. I had a long time doctor whom I trusted with my health until he passed away. He told me once: "If you listen to your patients they will diagnose themselves." Dr. Satzler is a listener, healer and professional person. Her staff is efficient and timely.

I have been a patient of Dr. Satzler's for several years. When I was hospitalized for a injury Dr. Satzler was there for me and she talked with the doctor in charge regarding recovery and medical history. She is always courteous to me and my family.

Posted on May 10th, 2017

She has always followed through with me regarding any problem I tell her I am having regarding my health. All of my lab results are called to me by her nurse. I am given information on anything I need to do or know about following all of my lab work. If I need s prescription called in for renewal her nurse has always promptly taken care of that for me.

Best Doctor I ever had

Posted on May 10th, 2017

My wife, our three children, and I have all been Dr. Satzler's patients since 1999. During this period, we all have received nothing but the most positive, caring, professional, and heartfelt medical care from her and her staff. Since our family has been seeing Dr. Satzler, examples of her professional scientific approach and heartfelt compassionate intuition are many. The most poignant example of this is when I was diagnosed with male breast cancer in the year 2000. That year, I scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Satzler regarding an irregular bump I noticed on my left breast after seeing my wife's breast cancer self-check guidelines hanging from our showerhead. Dr. Satzler ordered a mammogram be taken to rule out the possibility of cancer (however rare and unlikely, give my age, gender, and family history). My family and were incredibly relieved to receive the results indicating that the growth was nothing but a small benign tumor. However, two weeks later, Dr. Satzler called me to say that I have nothing to worry about at this time, though she would really appreciate if I would agree to go in for a biopsy of the mass. She explained that even though it was extremely unlikely that the growth contained malignant cells, and that the biopsy procedure was a rather invasive procedure performed under fully anesthesia, she still would like me to have that biopsy done. She had said that there was something bothering her about my case that she could not quite explain or get out of her mind. I agreed to follow her recommendation. Not long after that procedure, I received the devastating news that the cancer had spread throughout my left breast, with the prognosis being a 20% survival (and only if we immediately perform a mastectomy, go through a heavy chemo treatment, and finish with radiation therapy). Dr. Satzler put her professional reputation on the line, asking me to undergo a invasive medical procedure (even potentially life-threatening- given the full anesthesia component), on merely a hunch that the mammogram (previously okayed and cleared by the oncology specialist) wasn't quite definitive enough for her. I have several other examples of how this angel of a human being has gone way above and beyond what is ordinary or required when health matters have come up in the family... I owe my life the this Angel. Three children have their father in their lives because of this angel; my wife of 47yrs (this March) is still stuck with me; and, I've been given the gift of an extended healthful life to see three grandkids come into this world. Dr. Satzler, you are a gem and I doubt you will ever fully grasp how much goodness you have brought and preserved in this world. Oklahoma City is a better place for you having been part of it.