Dr. Nancy Shosid Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nancy Shosid?

January 14th, 2016

Horrible Experience

I was a patient of Nancy Shosid's from the time I was about 5 years old until just after I turned 18. She speculated that I was suffered from bipolar disorder after having met with me only a handful of times, and again, I was ony about 5 years old. In my time with her, I was prescribed a myriad of medications with harmful side-effects such as tardive dyskenesia and loss of brain volume. Many times I questioned the validity of her diagnoses and choice of medications. My entire time with her, she mainly spoke with my parents during sessions, hardly taking into accounthow I felt, if at all. When i was 16 I learned about drug metabolism testing and asked her about it as I felt I had been having a bad reaction to the medications she had prescribed me. She refused to perform the test and instead decided to up my dosages. I endured the debilitating side-effects of the medications until I turned 18, at which point I tapered off of the medications and again requested the GeneSight testing, which she begrudgingly agreed to do. When the results came back, they confirmed what I had already known for years- that I don't metabolize most psychotropic medications properly, and was essentially being overdosed. Unfortunately, I now suffer from permanent neurological damage. In the past 2 years since I last saw her, I have also gotten the opinions of 3 other mental health professionals and undergone psychological tesing twice. I am not, and by default never was, bipolar. However, I do have dysthymia, chronic depression, generalized anxiety, and PTSD.

April 18th, 2014

Not recommended

Dr. Shosid disappointed our family. She just doesn't seem highly engaged. She's hard to reach on a timely basis, very expensive, and always looking at her watch. The feeling you get is she really just doesn't care that much.

March 12th, 2014

Dr. Shosid is an amazing doctor that has helped me through the years gain a better control of my life. i strongly recommend her to anyone seeking a doctor in her field.

February 8th, 2012

Regret seeing her

I was going through an awful time in my life and went to see dr. Shosid. She was very expensive but I felt I really needed some help. I did all the talking. She looked at the clock often and I just felt worse after each session. I ended up switching to another dr who got me the correct help I needed. I normally would let it go but for that price and that little help, I want to warn others to find a better doctor.

September 7th, 2017