Dr. Nancy Silverblatt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8
  • 19 reviews

February 21st, 2016
Meh
Dr. Silverblatt was someone I saw two years ago and stuck with for 2 years because I didn't know better. I liked that she used to be a gynecologist but I believe she has a hand tremor which caused her to quit that profession and become a psychiatrist. I give her kudos for going back to medical school to become a psychiatrist. Pros: -She is sometimes kind and resourceful. Provides pamphlets on the disorder or about medication -She has a kid friendly office, seems like most of her patients are children. -She greets you well, sometimes with a compliment, your prescription is filled on time and is responsive to medication requests on phone. Cons: -Her bedside manner is terrible. I don't know if it's due to her old age, but she did not really look at me. When she did, she had a look on her face as if she was laughing at my concerns or dismissing them. I know she means well, and maybe she is not aware of it, but that's how it came across. -She seemed impatient when I tried to talk to her about issues, like she was in a hurry. -The wait time was incredibly long. Like an hour. If your appointment is at 2:00, it really means 3:00. Bottomline: Only go to her if you feel like you know what medication you want and how to treat yourself. She is the classic cut and dry psychiatrist who will give you the medications. For ADD you have to get tested by a psychologist though. She is good at working with you and trying new medications, but yeah, personally, I didn't like her bedside manner and wanted someone who had better social skills. If you do go, go with a family member or friend.

June 5th, 2015
Extremely Dangerous!! Steer clear!
Be very careful of this woman! She never made eye contact with my child in 3 separate appointments and addressed her in the 3rd person even though she was sitting in the same room. She misdiagnosed my daughter’s medical condition and instead of taking the time and effort to properly diagnose and treat her she told us she must be rushed to the ER and committed to a psych facility that was “similar to a 5-star hotel” with all of the amenities and we could stay with her all day and night. Well that turned out to be not true because the Seay Center in Plano is a lock down institution for addic-ts, r-ape vi--tims and teens who have attempted su--cide multiple times. Our vulnerable daughter was subjected to a v--olent strip searches, heavily medicated and isolated from us as her parents for 8 hours not to mention exposed to tra--matizing first hand accounts of ra**e hard dr-g abuse and suici-e attempts. This woman is dangerous. Keep your loved ones far away!

May 30th, 2015
Not impressed
DR. Silverblatt was dismissive, did not look at me, handed me a prescription without even talking to me. She was unprofessional and cold.

March 19th, 2015
Obviously there to make her money and get home.
Almost zero interest whatsoever in finding out what I, the patient, was there to achieve.

March 19th, 2015
Asks patients to get there early just so she can make you wait 45 to an he after your scheduled appt

July 31st, 2014
Not good.
I really wish that she appeared a little more sympathetic and caring especially as a psychiatrist and took more time with patients. I felt that everything I said she took as if I was not telling the truth and that she took it as a joke. On the first visit I felt as if she was trying to contradict me and my personal complications. Do Not plan on returning.

February 12th, 2013
Nacy Sliverblat
I've been coming to her for about less than a year, every time its a huge wait and she is always impatient with my condition, won't ever change meds like i ask keeps prescribing the same thing only in bigger doses

August 3rd, 2012
Go to ER...
I have been a patient of Silverblatt since 2010. Up until nowI have liked her. She was always considerate of my particularCircumstances and prescribed medications as needed but she was cautious about over medicating. I called in a crisis today. I haven't slept, can't hold down my medications due to a migraine, and Silverblatt refused to get me in for an appointment insisting that I needed more help than she can offer me and that I needed to go tithe ER. She was rude and disrespectful. She didn't consider the fact that I don't have insurance and can't afford emergency care. I'm currently looking for another dr and won't ever see her again. She outright denied me care and I'm an established patient. If u are considering Dr Silverblatt I urge you to go somewhere else. She has no compassion for crisis situations.

April 24th, 2012
Horrible, doesnt help at all, makes you feel awful.
Horrible, doesnt help at all, makes you feel awful.

April 5th, 2012
Extraordinary Psychiatrist - combination of Psychiatry and OB/GYN
Dr. Silverblatt is a unique psychiatrist with a proven ability to diagnose and prescribe an efficacious care path for any age female. She combines years as a distinguished OB/GYN with the study and practice of Psychiatry. She is well versed in today's pharmacologic solutions and their known contraindications. Most U.S. physicians do not extend their knowledge to the practice of Psychiatry/Psychology since it is an area of medicine that is difficult to measure efficaciousness. However, Dr. Sliverblatt's competence and ability to diagnose, prescribe and cure is very rare in today's healthcare environment.

February 16th, 2012
Dr. Silverblatt is an experienced psychologist and took the time to get to know my daughter and work with her with regard to counseling referrals and medication. I highly recommend her.

August 4th, 2011
Not sure what all the negativity is for...
I have been seeing Dr. Silverblatt for almost 2 years now and I have nothing but positive things to say about her. She is super sweet and caring, never makes me feel rushed, asks plenty of questions and makes me feel comfortable talking to her. She has been responsible in prescribing me medications based on my needs and she takes the time explain what each medication does and discusses all potential side effects with me. I highly recommend her. The practice is conveniently located on the Tollway access road so it is no more congested than if you were to visit any of the thousands of businesses along the Dallas North Tollway. See for yourself, she is great.