Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, Psychiatrists

Bent Tree Psychiatric Associates
16800 Dallas Pkwy
Ste 150
Dallas, TX 75248
972-733-7242
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Nacy Sliverblat  |  show details
by Anny. on Feb 12th, 2013

I've been coming to her for about less than a year, every time its a huge wait and she is always impatient with my condition, won't ever change meds like i ask keeps prescribing the same thing only in bigger doses

|  Go to ER...  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

I have been a patient of Silverblatt since 2010. Up until nowI have liked her. She was always considerate of my particularCircumstances and prescribed medications as needed but she was cautious about over medicating. I called in a crisis today. I haven't slept, can't hold down my medications due to a migraine, and Silverblatt refused to get me in for an appointment insisting that I needed more help than she can offer me and that I needed to go tithe ER. She was rude and disrespectful. She didn't consider the fact that I don't have insurance and can't afford emergency care. I'm currently looking for another dr and won't ever see her again. She outright denied me care and I'm an established patient. If u are considering Dr Silverblatt I urge you to go somewhere else. She has no compassion for crisis situations.

|  Horrible, doesnt help at all, makes you feel awful.  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Horrible, doesnt help at all, makes you feel awful.

|  Extraordinary Psychiatrist - combination of Psychiatry and OB/GYN  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

Dr. Silverblatt is a unique psychiatrist with a proven ability to diagnose and prescribe an efficacious care path for any age female. She combines years as a distinguished OB/GYN with the study and practice of Psychiatry. She is well versed in today's pharmacologic solutions and their known contraindications. Most U.S. physicians do not extend their knowledge to the practice of Psychiatry/Psychology since it is an area of medicine that is difficult to measure efficaciousness. However, Dr. Sliverblatt's competence and ability to diagnose, prescribe and cure is very rare in today's healthcare environment.

Feb 16th, 2012

Dr. Silverblatt is an experienced psychologist and took the time to get to know my daughter and work with her with regard to counseling referrals and medication. I highly recommend her.

|  Not sure what all the negativity is for...  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Silverblatt for almost 2 years now and I have nothing but positive things to say about her. She is super sweet and caring, never makes me feel rushed, asks plenty of questions and makes me feel comfortable talking to her. She has been responsible in prescribing me medications based on my needs and she takes the time explain what each medication does and discusses all potential side effects with me. I highly recommend her. The practice is conveniently located on the Tollway access road so it is no more congested than if you were to visit any of the thousands of businesses along the Dallas North Tollway. See for yourself, she is great.

|  Not quite as bad as others have suggested  |  show details
May 31st, 2011

She's quick to prescribe meds, but she's not a "let's sit down and chat" shrink. If that's what you're looking for, go somewhere else. I had to switch shinks after I changed insurance and for medication management, it's great.

|  NOT recommended  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

Non caring, quick to refer for testing with another therapist. Not impressed at all.

|  Misdiagnosed  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2011

Dr. Silverblatt is by far the worse doctor I have ever been to. I have suffered from depression for over 1/2 of my life and after leaving her office, I felt more depressed and crazy. Psychiatrists are supposed to help you - not hurt you. I was so glad my boyfriend came to the appointment b/c I don't know how I would have gotten through without his immediate support. Dr. Silverblatt misdiagnosed me and wanted to send me to a mental institution after speaking me with me for 5 minutes. She does not know how to handle severely depressed patients, refused to treat me and told me I needed to seek more help than she could provide. I went to another psychiatrist for a second opinion, and she was able to treat me with medication before leaping from one extreme to the next.You'll note that the only "good" thing I rated her on was "ease in getting an appointment" and this is probably because she has so many openings because she is horrible.

Oct 25th, 2010

Horrible, doesnt help at all, makes you feel awful.

by anon on Aug 6th, 2010

This doctor is not very caring. I have difficulty with anxiety and instead of being understanding she made me felt like there was something seriously wrong with me and that I really shouldn't feel this way. I just didn't feel much compassion from her at all. The staff was not friendly at all. Cold environment in general.

Feb 10th, 2010

Does not really listen well. Cold. Makes excuses for behavior when it is obviously a problem.

|  Unethical, No Compassion, Rude Staff  |  show details
by patient in crisis on Sep 10th, 2009

Diagnosed with depression 15 years ago and after several bad incidents this year, I fell into a deep depression as well as developed anxiety with panic attacks. I searched out help and was desperate to speak with a psychiatrist since I became very suicidal. I set up an appointment with Bent Tree asking for a specific psychiatrist I was referred to, but was told that she was not available for weeks so they set me up with Dr. Silverblatt. My appointment was set for 9:00 am but I was told to be there an entire hour early to fill out psychiatric profile paperwork. The office is located in a very congested part of North Dallas and I sat in traffic for over 1.5 hours; all along my anxiety building. I was missing work, had made arrangements for my two young children and my husband had rearranged his work schedule in order for me to get the help I so desperately needed. I called the office to let them know I was stuck in traffic and running late. The answering service took the message. I arrived at the office at 8:45 am. I apologized to the receptionist and explained that I had been in traffic all morning. She spoke with Dr. Silverblatt and came back to the front and told me I would have to reschedule because it takes an hour to fill out the "psychiatric profile" paperwork. I asked to look at the paperwork and told her that I could fill it out in 10 minutes and would be ready for my 9:00 am session. I only needed a few minutes of the doctor's time. I told her I was suicidal and desperate to speak with someone. The receptionist again went to speak with the doctor and came back with "The doctor said that if you are having that much trouble you need to go to the ER". At this point I was crying and shaking and told the receptionist that if the initial physician I had wanted the appointment with knew I was in such dyer need of help, she would have spoken with me for a few minutes. THE RECEPTIONIST LAUGHED AT ME!! I walked out into the parking lot a complete hopeless mess and had to call my husband to help me through my anxiety attack! I cannot believe how unethical it is for a psychiatric office to turn a patient away because they did not make it in time to fill out "psychiatric profile" paperwork! I have never had a psychiatrist make me fill out paperwork other than insurance prior to my appointment. Are the physicians there to help the individual patient by speaking with them or are they there to make a diagnosis based on answers to paperwork?!?! I now have an appointment with a doctor at a different location that is coming in on her day off just to speak with me. THAT is a compassionate physician.

|  HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!! I HOPE NO ONE VISITS THIS DISGUSTING PRACTICE!!!  |  show details
by Seth 214.566 on Sep 10th, 2009

My wife was refered to Silverblatt and arrived 15 minutes late (this drs office is in one of the most congested parts of Dallas)she tried numerous times to call the office but was only able to get the phone service. Upon arrival, and visually distressed, she was turned away and told to go to an emergency room, if she had a real problem. My wife called me at work, I arrived 20 minutes later to find my wife sobbing uncontrollably in the parking lot. They literally turned someone who was in obvious need of a professional away. And left her to manage herself in their parking lot.The only thing worse than her being turned away was trying to find out why. They passed the buck and acted as if she was just a number..