Dr. Nancy Talavera MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

August 1st, 2011
Dr. Talavera treated my late mother for over 7 years. Her care for an extremely difficult patient was awesome!!!

October 15th, 2009
She prescribed a medication with a black-box warning on it to my father and he died two days later. She never asked the family if we gave our consent for the use of this med nor did she explain the risks, nor did she put him on a heart-monitor even though he'd had a heart attack and had an abnormal EKG; she never explained his heart problems to us nor did she have him put on a heart monitor so that when his heart did stop, at least an alarm would have sounded.. Instead,he had no chance to be revived because he died - on this med- and nobody was alert to the fact that he had stopped breathing - no one did CPR on him in a timely way. This doctor is pleasant but she is not VIGILANT in my opinion nor does she pay attention to the co-morbid health problems of geriatric patients. He didn't stand a chance and the loss of him is the greatest loss of my life and I think she should have had him on a monitor and not used that medication or at least given the family a chance to say "no". The black box warning is there for a REASON and it warns of SUDDEN DEATH in geriatric patients with heart condtions which my father had. There was no cardiologist even on the case to discuss his problems with us. Overall, a lousy experience and she is not careful enough in the way she needs to be to save lives.