Dr. Nanda Kumar MD Patient Reviews

2.9
  • 48 reviews

December 23rd, 2016
Experience better than expected
I found Dr. Kumar to be a professional with a sense of humor that made me comfortable even though the tests were mildly painful.

July 13th, 2016
took care of the problem, offered second opinion, offered further testing if I wanted it, took my insurance. Very effective.

July 3rd, 2016
Not a trustworthy Dr.
He refuses to accept the contractual agreement he has with BCBS as an in network provider. This process is called "balanced billing". It's generally done by out of network providers, which he is not. I have had the same treatment for alot of years with other neurologists all of which charge only what contract allows for. My second visit with him left me owing 800.00 out of my own pocket, which i did pay. This was a 10 minute visit. Office staff told me I was billed for a vial of botox unable to share with other patients on this day as no other patients requiring botox. This is a process I have never heard of in all of my years with this treatment. Office staff was extremely rude and he refused to take my call or return it. I will never return to this Dr.

June 23rd, 2016
Very Professional

May 19th, 2016
I have seen Dr. Kumar maybe about two to three different times in the past. I found him to be sincere. I felt he was being honest and caring when he explained things to me. When my other caregivers needed to get in touch with him to verify information he was available even with his busy schedule. I remember him giving me a new inhaler because it was safer than the one I previously had from my primary doctor. One day I was really late for my appointment and It was closing time he waited for me and still saw me. My husband and I were lost and went to the wrong office we thought for sure we would have to reschedule.

May 18th, 2016
Dr. Kumar was very quick to get me into his clinic after a seizure had sent me to the ER. He answered my questions concerning this terrible disease, and helped to get my seizurs stable thru both meds and a device called vns.

April 22nd, 2016
I have seen Dr. Kumar on numberious occasion. He's alway polite and really intelligent about what he's checking out. However he does forget the write my prescriptions sometimes and have to remind him.

February 13th, 2016
Overall good visit.
I had seen Dr. Kumar twice and both experiences were professional. I was seen fairly quick after arriving. Dr. Kumar did not seem to jump straight into a diagnosed conclusion with my condition and continued to follow up my care.

February 12th, 2016
Good experience
Thank you for all your help! The office was so kind to me.

January 11th, 2016
The entire office was so helpful and nice. The wait was a little long, but he took his time to answer my questions and listen to me.

November 18th, 2015
Dr. Kumar very professional neurologist. He was able to fit me in on my busy schedule. Thank You and your staff!

November 3rd, 2015
Unsanitary
Walking in, I was offended by the receptionist's attire. She was not dressed for a professional setting. Sitting in the exam room was unsanitary. The trash cans were over flowing. Not once did the nurse or doctor wash their hands. It smelled terrible, food may have been sitting out, and the heat (70+) made it, not only uncomfortable, but heightened the smell. I will definitely never be returning.