Dr. Nanette Cook MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

July 11th, 2016
I have the pleasure of meeting Dr.Cook when i was pregnant with my 3rd child, she was very caring and professional, her bed side manners was 100 ,what an amazing Dr. She is. 15 years and am still seeing her, thank you Dr.Cook for all your good work, i would recommend 100%

March 3rd, 2015
Professional and warm....great bed side manner-genuine.

December 6th, 2010
Great Doctor
there are not much female Gyn at wellstar; however, Dr. Cook was the best doctor i ever had. She listen to everything i had to say. she even did a complete general physical on me. she sent time to talk to me before and after my annual exam. Since she left wellstar, i have been looking for her. the doctor who replace did not even look at my chart before my exam because she was asking about test that their office did.

September 13th, 2010
Unattentive Doctor
Staff was your average professional but Dr. Cook needs to spend more time with her patients and show that she actually cares with a follow-up. She was not attentive to my needs during the visit and did not take my concerns seriously due to my age. Unknown to her I am a certified professional in the medical field and have a wealth of information in biology and health care. I was treated as if my concerns regarding my breast health symptoms were unfounded due to my age (late 20's). She presumed I wouldn't be expected to have breast cancer. However, young African American women are dying more and more from breast cancer. She didn't even take into consideration my family history. I have obtained another trained gynecologist at another hospital.

November 16th, 2009
terrible experience
This might be a little lengthy. I wanted to find a female OBGYN. I seached online and found Dr. Cook. It took me a month to get in for an appt. When I went in, the nurses were scattered, they were not professional at all. When Dr. Cook came into the room, she was very nice...but soon into the conversation and examination, I was confused. I was concerned that my vaginal walls were collapsed. They were, and she suggested a surgery called revision of prior epesiotomy site. I scheduled the surgery. Because of work related issues, I had to cancel the surgery. The office scheduled me another surgery without my asking for it. I didn't know this until the hospital called to remind me of the preop that I didn't ask for. I told them, that hadn't scheduled a second time. This happened not once but twice. From that point, I should have known better than to actually schedule and follow thru with the surgery. I was scheduled for a certain day...the day before...he office called and said that Dr.Cook needed to reschedule the surgery, so I did. Finally, it was the day of surgery...which I did pre-op and surgery the same day. During the pre-op at Dr. Cook's office, she said that she thought I should also have a procedure to correct a rectocele. I agreed. Next, I was waiting for my surgery in a room where I had to sit on a sheet draped chair because they didn't have a gurney(sp) available. They did finally bring one. Next step was the bloodwork and the IV. The lady who took the blood acted as though it was her first time to ever take blood. She FINALLY got the iv started. Then....the anestesiologist came in to talk to me. He made NO SENSE and was trying to be comical instead of doing what he came to do. Ok, so next thing I know, I woke up in recovery in so much pain I could hardly stand it. I had stitches inside and out. They gave me pain medication that did not help at all. I ended up having to have at least four shots to help with the pain. They told me I needed to sit up. I did...and I'm pretty sure that was when my stitches came out for the FIRST time. I was scheduled for a post op for four weeks. In the meantime, I noticed that I was not healing correctly. There was a tag of loose skin on the my labia that looked like an earlobe hanging from the side of my outer labia. I was horrified. I called for an emergency appt, and was told that Dr.Cook wouldn't be in the office until the following week. Dr. Morell is another Dr. in the practice...so I agreed to come in and see him. I did. He said everything loooked fine and that the "earlobe" was just swollen tissue and would "go in" as he called it. He said I needed to see Dr. Cook the next day (I was told she was out of town until the following week) Miraculously, she was in the next day and I was scheduled for an appt the next day with Dr. Cook. I went in...she examined me and told me what I already knew...the external stitches had come apart. The "earlobe" could be stitched down. She stitched me back up...in the office with very little numbing medication. As she finished the stitches, I felt EVERYTHING!! OMG this was horrible. It's now four days later and my stitches have come apart again!!! I have an appointment today. I'm not sure I want her to do anything else....I am mortified at this experience!

March 5th, 2009
Dr. Cook is very professional, very personable and shows great concern to the patient needs.

January 7th, 2009
excellent doctor, I love her.