Pediatricians

1600 Crain Hwy S
Ste 207
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
410-582-9434
Locations and availability (1)

|  Very happy  |  show details
by Brian on May 28th, 2014

We started seeing Dr. Shaikh a few days after our first baby. The previous pediatrician was just awful and made my wife cry. Dr. Shaikh was able to make us feel that things were ok and she was going to help (baby lost too much weight in first 48 hours). Since then, we've had two more kids and Dr. Shaikh treats them all. She's very friendly, patient with Mommy, always willing to see the kids on short notice if needed. She's just calm and friendly and doesn't come at you as some sort of old, stodgy Dr. who is overly clinical. The staff are friendly as well. We even moved a little further away and still go there because she's so nice.

|  Fantastic Doctor!  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

Dr. Shaikh is a fantastic doctor and I wouldn't go anywhere else. She always gets you in the same day for a sick appointment and is very understanding and caring. She is wonderful with children and often after the visit, my kids do not want to go home! As far as her medical ability, she is just great. She will give you an antibiotic if you need it, but if she doesn't think you need it, she will patiently explain why and what else can be done to help. I would recommend her to anyone!

|  show details
Apr 13th, 2011

Have you ever try to see a docter in emergency and have to wait a few days? Well, this doesn't happen to Dr. Shaik. You can call her that morning and she can put you in at a convenient time. Also, she can fill up your health form in 5 mins with no charge. She is very friendly and listen to you patiently.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2011

Dr. Shaikh is a wonderful doctor. She is always on time and gets my sick child in that day. She is caring and thoughtful and takes the time to hear what I have to say and what I think is wrong. My child has always received wonderful care at her hands and I wouldn't go anywhere else!

|  Love her  |  show details
by Erin Patton on Nov 9th, 2010

Dr. Shaikh has always gone above and beyond for my children and myself. SHe is an amazing doctor and I recommend her to everyone who asks about a pediatrician! Her office staff is always friendly and eager to help. If I call with a sick child they will sqeeze me in that day. Amazing practice!

|  Lovely Pediatrician  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2010

My daughter is 16 and will continue to go to Dr. Shaikh as long as Dr. Shaikh will have her. The doctor is caring, smart, funny and seems to relate well to children of all ages. She always takes the time to answer questions and explain her diagnosis and prescription choices.

|  Very nice but didn't do much for my sons problems.  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2009

She's very nice and caring. She helped to find the right formula for my son, after four tries and provided many samples. She doesn't have extended office hours since it's just her but I needed more hours for my son. What I didn't like was that my son's skin, all over his face was incredibly dry and flaky and had red patches behind his knees and on his face. I had to call twice to get an emergency appt. since at first I was denied and told to wait. Turns out he had Eczema. All she said to do was use Aquaphor or Eucerin, which helped with the flakiness BUT did nothing for the red patches. I then switched to Arundel Pediactrics' Dr. Jobes who immediately prescribed Hydrocortizone which cleared up his patches in a matter of a day or two and stopped his insane itching. I feel she could have done more and she didn't treat it like it was a big deal. When my son's skin is flaking so much that it looks like his face is falling off and he is crying and itching so hard and so bad that he had bloody scratches and scares up and down his legs and doesn't prescribed anything, that is just not right. I wish her luck though and I'm glad other people like her but she just wasn't the Dr. for us.

|  Best Pediatrician in AA County!  |  show details
by Nicole S. on Oct 13th, 2009

I've been with Dr. Shaikh for 4 years. She is the most caring down to earth physician you will ever meet. My kids adore her. She has a laid back approach but in a very good way. She's knowledgable and extrememly caring about each and every one of her patients. Her receptionist Lisa is fantastic as well. I never wait long and Dr. Shaikh personally administers vaccines etc, no nurse in her office. She does it all and does it better than any I have seen.

|  Wonderful Doctor!  |  show details
by Krystal on Aug 7th, 2009

The receptionist in this office is very welcoming and friendly. I have been seeing Dr.Shaikh for many years now and I think she is wonderful.