Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation), Pain Management Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Don't bother  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2013

This doctor has taken patients, seen them for a short period then insisted he is closing his practice, yet it is easily seen online that he is listed as accepting NEW patients. YES NEW patients for a provider still listed with all the insurance agencies he is contacted with, as a provider for 2014! Those of us he can no longer milk for insurance, or whom he has decided he can never "fix" or cure, he is not interested in the difficulty of continuing care. He has chosen instead to send US letters that he is closing his practice. YEAH RIGHT, just closing it to persons he can't .. well any how, if you are a patient needing long term care, DON'T BOTHER, he'll milk your insurance for about so long then start dropping your prescriptions and your care, and you. TYPICAL Texas medical care, CYA and this is all. NO Hippocratic oath, no vow to do no harm just , you bore me, go away!

|  show details
by Julia Perez on Nov 21st, 2013

Dr. Pravat is my pain management doctor. My ankle, back and neck pain are the main reasons I see Dr.Pravat. He has the best bedside manner of all the doctors I have ever seen and I have seen many. He sits and he answers every question my husband and I have. He takes the time to listen, HE HEARS YOU. He is one of a kind and I thank God for him every night when I say my prayers. Yes, as mandated by state laws you will have to take a urine test. Yes, if you fail the test he has no other option but to boot you as a patient. I highly recommend Dr. Pravat.

|  show details
by Richard W on Mar 7th, 2013

Dr. Pravat is easy talk to and really seems to care. He sits down to talk and doesn't have his hand on the door knob to leave while you are discussing your medical issues like many doctors do. His office staff is also friendly and helpful.

|  Highly recommended  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2012

In pain management, trust and communication are essential and Dr. Pravat excels in those areas. Of course you must earn that trust, but once that is established, he's not going to be second guessing everything you say like some doctor's. He also isn't trying to milk his patients by making them come every month except when it is specifically mandated by law.

|  Lower back pain pain management  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

Dr. Nara Pravat is easy to work with, caring, and listens to you when it comes to pain management and lower back pain. I have been very pleased with the level of care I have received with Dr. Pravat.

|  Young, flippant and doesn't care  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2012

Doctor is too young and inexperienced to be trying to treat patients in serious pain. He said so himself when he reviewed my records and was unfamiliar with some of the treatment drugs used in the past, and simply said he couldn't help me - see ya!

|  GLAD THE WAIT ISN'T SO LONG!!!  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

Dr Pravat and his staff were great, very helpful and courteous. I've been going to a Dr for steroid injections for 2 years and the wait and time in the office was always at least 2 hours or more....and my wait here was short, and I also noticed everyone was in and out of there in a timely manner. The injection from Dr. Pravat has been the best results so far....Thanks Dr P!!! :)

|  current patient  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2011

Dr.Nara Pravaat is extremely caring and professional. He did not hesitate to recommend treatments for me and effeciently apply them treatments. He also calls me by phone if I need to speak with him. He is excellent in assisting chronic pain patients.

|  Amazing!  |  show details
by Amber R. Hesseling on May 26th, 2011

I Have to see this doctor every month for Horrible Migraines. I mean im only twenty and havin to deal with them there at times even disabling me from working. I cant tolerate these migraines. I even recommended my mother in law to see him. He is a compassionate great man. He has Given me my life back! Thank you Dr Pravat!