Dr. Narciso Gonzalez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

June 24th, 2016
Patient Beware!
I have been a patient too long. In the beginning, I would have given 5 stars across the board. The nurse practitioner is the best, but Dr. Gonzalez is a first class @$$. He does not explain what he is going to do and does not give you the chance to ask questions. I had a procedure done a few weeks ago and I had questions and concerns and I never even saw his face. They had me face down and sedated (even when I requested them to wait) and he came in and did his thing and was gone. No face to face interaction. I am appalled at his poor patient care and his non existent patient interaction. Does his first name Narciso translate to narcissist? I wonder because it would be so appropriate. If he hates to interact with humans why didn't he become a veterinarian? Or is it a money thing and a general lack of respect for humans. Avoidance behavior is a bit unnerving...it does NOT make for a good doctor or nice person. I will be transferring to another pain management doctor soon.

February 26th, 2016
not a happy camper
i came into the waiting room with a good friend. he didnt even look at my records told me i was on to high of the amount of meds im on,he was very rude plus didnt even answer my questions.ive been on pain meds for 20 plus years and his only consern was to get me off my meds regardless of how i feelt or medical concequeces.my good friend was trying to ask questions and he shut her right down.I begged him please dont let me go thru the DTs and he didnt seemed concerd at all .to me i feel like he not there to help people in pain just to make a name for himself.

December 12th, 2015
The Long Nightmare
When I first met Dr. Gonzalez he was very nice and told me he would never give up on me. I ended up having to have spine surgery to remove a tumor which in turn caused me terrible nerve damage. I ended up choosing my neurosurgeon for an insertion of a spinal cord stimulator. I had no sutures or staples as my neurosurgeon uses a glue to close you up. The stimulator helped me with my leg pain but I began to have pain in my tailbone and rectum. Dr. Gonzalez thought that attaching 2 of those leads to my sacral nerves would help. The thought never crossed his mind to suggest I see a colo rectal doctor first, after all he is an anesthesiologist, so I agreed to do the trial and I will admit it gave me some relief. When he took the trial out he acted like he was going to do it soon, because he said quote unquote we are going to get you scheduled soon. Well a month later after calling and bugging the heck out of him I got my surgery scheduled. He was already mad at me. I finally got scheduled a month later. Then my surgery got held back a few days due to a scheduling error. On the day before my surgery we found out that the weather was possibly going to be bad and he would not drive in if it was icy. I was supposed to be at the hospital at 5 in the morning and his nurse said somebody would call us if he could not come, well by 4 am that morning we heard nothing and the weather was cold and wet but not so bad anyone could drive in. We went ahead to the hospital and Dr. Gonzalez showed up with his assistant surgeon. After the procedure Dr. Gonzalez never came out to tell my husband how it went because he was once again mad at me. I could not believe what I saw when my bandages were taken off. I was hacked up with staples over my old battery site and the long incision where the leads were threaded thru. It was horrible. I continued to have even more severe rectal pain and since Dr. Gonzalez did not have enough respect to talk to him on my surgery day, my husband called him on his lunch break wanting to speak to the doctor. Now he was just plain angry and rather than talking to my husband, he calls me and procedes to chew me out about how I bugged them to get the surgery scheduled and then he had to drive in bad weather and I was saying my meds were not working, he basically accused me of drug seeking even though I had a tumor removed from my spine, a tethered spinal cord and now neurneuropathic pain syndrome. He told me to schedule an appointment and he was going to do an X-ray to check the leads and he was going to take me off my pain meds because he was tired of dealing with me. When my appointment came I was in agony and here is the icing on the cake. Dr. Gonzalez was not going to see me if my husband did not leave the room. Maybe he was afraid of my husband, but my husband cared about me and I was robbed of my support system. He took me off of my meds and gave me suboxone which is used to wean addicts or provide mild pain relief. He said he was giving it to me for pain relief. I left and never got that X-ray because he failed to order it. I later found out that I had a prolapsed rectum and rectocele. When I went back to my neurosurgeon my husband showed him white things sticking out of my incision sites. I was informed that those were sutures and they would never dissolve. He had to take tweezers and pull on them to cut them out. I am sure I screamed loud enough for the entire waiting room to hear me. I was referred to a new pain doctor and a colo rectal surgeon. I am trying the biofeedback approach before I dare have another surgery. I finally got that X-ray and will find out after Christmas from my colo rectal surgeon if the leads are really where they are supposed to be. Unless you did an X-ray while I was sleeping, shame on you Dr. Gonzalez for being less than a caring and competent doctor, who Denys a patient to even have their spouse with them. My neurosurgeon and new pain doctor were appalled he was not allowed in the room. You are heartless and should be ashamed of yourself. Someday you or a loved one will suffer some type of chronic pain and then maybe you will see. I was treated like an animal and not a human. If you read your reviews, I am sure you know who I am. I am not an addict and have been on the same pain meds since I saw my new pain doc. Although I still suffer, I chose to be on a pain med that keeps me alert. Now I have to forgive you for how you treated me and I do, but I will never forget.

October 3rd, 2015
Rude & acts like you are wasting his time.
He came highly recommended. Was nice for about 1 min. He become very arrogant and even stated that he impresses even himself. Really!?! Once I started explaining my issues he cut me off mid sentence. I couldn't answer anything completely. He turned his nose up at what I was able to explain as if I was lying. He acted like he didn't have time to hear my entire situation. He acted like I'm too young to be experiencing the pain I'm going thru. I have chiari malformation which causes nerve damage which I was told by my nuerosurgeon. When I tried saying that he sarcasticly questioned me and said "really dr ....... Said that? Are u sure he said that?" Ummm pretty sure I'm not imagining having brain surgery and the symptoms of chiari. I do not enjoy constant pain. And yes I am too young to feel this way hence why I am seeking treatment not judgment. I wasn't given the time to go over all of my symptoms. He shut the conversation down as fast as it started.

August 26th, 2015
Excellent Service!!!

July 26th, 2015
WK48
All I can say about Dr. Gonzalez is one word. HIDEOUS!!!!!!!! If you go to see him you are just digging your own grave.

February 25th, 2015
He's a great doctor i would refer Dr Narcisco Gonzalez to my friends and family good man God bless thank you doctor

February 16th, 2015
From my experience Dr. Gonzalez treated me like a kid and not an adult. Never asked about my injuries or how they occurred. He didn't spend much time with me nor did he allow time for me to ask him questions. I wouldn't refer him to anyone.

September 22nd, 2014
Insult to injury
This guy comes off as arrogant & rude I think I was treated poorly because of my insurance which is medicare and Medicaid he had little to no compassion and i would not recommend Dr Narcisco gonzalez

September 16th, 2014
Will Never Want to See Dr. Gonzalez Again
I do not want to ever see this Dr again. I went for my first appointment and the "charming" Dr. took his sweet time in seeing me. After touching the areas that were hurting me, he said Oh - you have this and that. I can give you a shot but not today because of your insurance. So I had X-rays done and an appointment set up for the shot. Had to fast for the shot as I was sedated. Procedure went fine and when I was about to leave the nurse said - here, you need to schedule the second one. I was very surprised as no one had told me there would be a series of shots. But anyway appointment was scheduled for second shot. However, a week before the appointment I received a call saying my appointment had been cancelled as my health insurance premium had not been paid. Most ridiculous thing I have heard - I was actually current in my payments and have actually till the last day of the month to pay - in fact I have a 90 day grace period. This policy Dr. Gonzalez has only tells me he is interested in getting paid, not helping the patient. One of the forms a patient has to sign from the getgo is that the patient is responsible for all charges not paid by the insurance company so what does it matter if the policy is paid or not. He has a freaking piece of paper saying I will pay. Bottom line, I will not return for the second, third or whatever number of shot. I will go elsewhere.

December 17th, 2013
Highly Knowledgable, Compassionate.
This Doctor came highly recommended by a personal friend. I did my research and his achievements and dedication to his education were all very impressive. I have had a relationship with Dr. Gonzalez and his staff for a year and he has surpassed my expectations. He has treated me both before and after my back surgery and has always been knowledgeable about what pain treatments to use in achieving the best results. He has always been aggressive in finding what is best for me and I am beyond pleased with the results. That being said I want to say that I have been shocked at some of the behavior of others in the waiting room that may explain a few of the negative ratings. I have seen blatant drug seeking activity and could only imagine a doctors frustration. There is clearly an epidemic of abuse at hand. I have overheard people talking about "hustling" their medicine right in from of everybody including staff. Dr. Gonzalez is a sharp man and if at any time he has abrasive I can only imagine it may have been warranted. My personal experience is this is a highly educated, dedicated physician with a great level of compassion and knowledge and his staff is top notch. I would highly recommend Dr. Gonzalez.

November 30th, 2013
Very Good doctor has good trigger point aim, also very kind personality...