Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Excellent MODERN Doc  |  show details
by Jeff Byer on Aug 19th, 2014

I like this guy because he talks straight and knows my case. He uses very modern tools to automate the medical visit process. That means that he instantly has my history and the exact date of anything he needs without ruffling through a lot of papers and maybe finding the info and maybe not. Some may say that this takes away from the personal touch, but the opposite is true. His access to correct information makes his practice better, and his manner of talking straight to the patient takes that info and turns it into good medical practice.

|  show details
Apr 26th, 2010

Three of our family members see Dr. Maheshwari as our primary caregiver and are more than well satisfied. We never feel rushed in a visit and he is very thorough and very interested in our physical health as well as our mental health. His staff is pleasant and very knowledgeable of the numerous health plans and assists us in arranging for needed tests in an expeditious manner. We are more than pleased with him and his office staff to care for our health issues.

|  Don't go see this doctor  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2009

I started seeing Dr. Maheshwari about 7 years ago. I knew I had polycystic kidney disease when I started to see him, and informed him of that both verbally and on my medical history. When I asked him about medication options, HE asked ME what I had been taking before, then said "That sounds OK". He never once changed them. One time I had a blood test with abnormal results after a visit, and never got notified that I should speak to the doctor. He told me it was up to me to follow up with his office to find out if anything was wrong. The reason I finally stopped seeing him: I had blood and urine test performed, as I always did before a visit, due to my kidney disease. During the visit, he stated that several things were out of range, and there would have to be additional testing. He went on to describe the abnormalities, and said "This indicates a kidney problem, and it could be serious. We have to find out what's going on with your kidneys". I responded, "Could it be my polycystic kidney disease, like I told you about 3 years ago when I started seeing you?" At that point, he (finally) looked at the chart and tried to cover himself by saying, yes, of course, we should monitor those results. Not only did he not look at my primary diagnosis on my chart before coming into the exam room, but he did not look at the previous test results to see if they had gotten better of worse since my last visit. Do not trust your health to this doctor.