Dr. Naser Almasalmeh MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 17th, 2015
Long time patient
Dr. AL left Gateway and there are many changes. The rude receptionist is gone and the new staff is kind and compassionate aND will work to get what you need straightened out. His nurse practioner, Cheri, is just as good and appointments with her are much quicker. The changes since he joined Quality Care are all positive and even though I still come every month the experience is much more enjoyable now.

December 12th, 2015
Great Doctor
Dr. Al is a very caring doctor. He is very knowledgeable as he saved my father's life by diagnosing him correctly when many other doctors couldn't. He is my whole family's doctor and we can never thank him enough for what he's done for us. He is a great doctor, which is why he has too many patients and therefore the waiting time gets longer sometimes. However, I would rather wait longer but see a doctor I trust very much rather than seeing a doctor quicker and coming out with nothing helpful like what my father went through many times before seeing Dr. Al.

November 2nd, 2015
He sucks!
This doctor says he cares about his patients but he does not. He calls everyone chief, mother, father, ect... Because he can not remember your name. He never in the office no more and let's his nurse practioner see the patients. When he is in the office it's for a short period of time and he is always over hour late and behind. He scheduled meetings when he in office during his patients hours and make them wait even longer. I highly do not recommend this doctor to anyone.

April 17th, 2015
very very slow
Have been to dr almasalmeh 6 times. Everytime i have an appointment the usual wait time is 2+ hours but hVe waited 3 before. If you have a medication that is a tier 2 or 3 medication get reDy too have to wait a week or longer for him to call your insurance to approve they medication. I will be finding a new doctor my advice is to find another doctor unless you have alot of time on your hands. He does have good bed side mannerism. And listens thats about it.

January 7th, 2015
I love Dr. Al, but his office has very poor patient sastifaction practices. It takes 3+ days to get a prescription refill which is VERY inconvenient and UNFAIR to patients. The last five times I have waited in his office for over an hour to be seen only to be pushed onto a nurse practitioner. As competent as I think nurse practitioners are, I made my appointment with my doctor, my insurance pays my doctor see me, therefore, I want to get seen by my doctor. The worst wait time I have experienced has been as of recently and one time my appointment was at 12pm, I didnt get in a room until 330pm, and wasnt seen until 415pm. The appointment directly after I waited 2 hours to be put in a room and then waited another half an hour. Dr. Al has way too many patients to run an effective office. The wait times and the time you have to wait for prescription refills is beyond ridiculous and discouraging to the patient. As much as I personally enjoy Dr. Al, dealing with his office isnt worth your time!

June 12th, 2013
Customer services
Didn't really care for the services of one of the ladies in particular by th name if Stacy in the office. The problem was I was charged for something and the office manager informed me that I would be refunded. When I dd not receive the refund, I called about it, they said they would call back and didn't. So I called next day, asked for manager and they placed me on hold. Stacy gets in phone and acted as if she was not aware of what was goin on, I a stated I was I. Hold so I assume she may have picked up wrong line, she got rude with me asking what can she help . Being that she got on call I would have assumed she would have been aware of the reason for my call or a manager. So we where back and fourth, she was very rude and tells me she not sure how I will get my refund or when they will call me when they find out. That was not good enough for me, and it was probably bc of how it was said to me. I mentioned that I never received a call back as promised the day before. Overall she was rude to me, had a attitude, and condensending.

June 10th, 2013
Find other doctor
The Dr and his associate Shawna are terrible. Bedside manner - if you don't agree with their diagnosis, they get angry. They send you for testing without proper meds. They don't have you fast before doing blood work. They make you follow up every 2 weeks and the co-pays cost you. The medical assistants give incorrect medical information also. The normal wait is 2 hours and on one occasion I was there for 3 hours. A lady attempted to walk out and "Dr. Al" headed her off in the hallway. One gentleman had to reschedule his appointments twice (I was there) because the wait is so long and he had other appointments. The drug reps get right in - go figure. I would not recommend this so called practice to anyone.

February 21st, 2013
Love the doctor, hate the wait
I have to make appointments in the afternoons and I never get out in less than 3 hours! They need to figure out a solution when he starts running over an hour behind schedule. Maybe call the patients and tell them to wait before they leave for their appointment. The good thing is that it's worth the wait to see him. He is one of the few doctors these days that really listens to you and sincerely wants to help you.

October 15th, 2012
very caring person can tell when some thing is really wrong

December 15th, 2011
Avoid this flimflam man
I don't question this doctor's skills, but I am suspect of his ethics. I believe he trumps up conditions, to send you to his other circle of "specialist" so that, they all get paid. Co pays will eat you up with this guy. I am considering returning to the VA for my medical care.....that is how bad it is.

August 26th, 2010
i recommend him without reservation.