Internist, Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)

3.0

Dr. Nasir Gondal show details Dr. Nasir Gondal
Jan 17th, 2015

Exactly one year my mother was admitted to Flushing hospital. This doctor refused to grant the family meet with him in the office to discuss the objections to make educated decisions on the best treatments for my mother who was dignosis with multiple meloma. His claim was he was TOO busy to meet with the family. However, he makes his rounds around 2-5 pm and if he saw us in the room he would gladly meet with us then. When we explain all of us work during that time execpt for my elderly father and unemployed brother. Both aren't equipped to make rational choices. Dr. Gondal ignored us. He recommended my unemployed brother to change take my mother off medicare and to place her on mediaid because he did not take her insurance. He did not care if my mother was strong enough to undertake radiation and chemo therapy at the same time. My mother was fighting a bad cold and he continued with the therapies. Mybrother did not know her immune system wa s shot and the therapy should have stopped till she got over the cold. Dr. Gondal did not seek anyone else's opinion but the unemployed son who was with her because the rest of the family was unable to be in the hospital during his rounds. Remember, he never would schedule a meeting, we were willing to pay for his valuable time, to discuss the therapies with us usless he would bump into us during his rounds. The cancer did not progressed but Dr. Gondal's therapycaused my mother's death making her last months of life difficult. My mother was 85 years old . What we wanted, the members of her family, for her to live comfortably the final days of her life. Thank you Dr. Gondal!

Diagnosed as an ITP patient March 2008 show details Diagnosed as an ITP patient March 2008
by David Franzo on Mar 19th, 2010

I have had many, and I mean many medical set backs and for 44 years of age thats a lot to deal with. Dr. Gondal is one of the few doctors that actually cares about his patients. he is never in a rush to get you out like other doctors. He takes his time and he LISTENS. Iam alive today because he has seen me thru a very bad time. I urge you if you have need a doctor for a Hematologist or God for bid an Oncologist this is the guy you want.

Wonderful Bedside Manner show details Wonderful Bedside Manner
by Andrew T. on Dec 18th, 2009

Helped my mother with her ferritin issue for many years. She raved about "brilliant man and teacher; highly respectful and kind; instills hope and confidence." To the end was reassuring. Only dr. to send a condolence letter when she ultimately passed of other causes. The best a doctor can be. The best a human can be. A saint.